• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

So something that just popped into my head (and possibly my last hypothetical for Giorker until the premier)

Do you think DB is going to consider GER's (I feel pretty reasonable) immeasurable reaction time separate from Giorno's? Like I feel it's pretty obvious that they'll at least give him the 1500+ FTL from their previous Stand User fights, but in Diavolo's time erasure thing Giorno was frozen while GER acted autonomously. It might not really affect the decisions in a super big way but I wonder if it's something they might consider.

We've seen from the preview that Giorno is starting the fight with base GE, and obviously there's going to be a scene where he evolves into GER for the climax. With how this site has base Giorno getting pretty blitzed by Joker I wonder if that will lead to a bit more of the arguments to his side for a victory if they think Giorno either needs to Stand Arrow again to unleash GER or if he can just power up into it. I think Polneraff did something similar with Silver Chariot? Can't remember exactly.

And again, I don't for a second think they'll come to the conclusion that Joker will speedblitz Giorno before he can get GER going. I just wonder if it's a consideration, or really not even an issue worth discussing.

beats me
3.png

1.png
2.png

So something that just popped into my head (and possibly my last hypothetical for Giorker until the premier)

Do you think DB is going to consider GER's (I feel pretty reasonable) immeasurable reaction time separate from Giorno's? Like I feel it's pretty obvious that they'll at least give him the 1500+ FTL from their previous Stand User fights, but in Diavolo's time erasure thing Giorno was frozen while GER acted autonomously. It might not really affect the decisions in a super big way but I wonder if it's something they might consider.

We've seen from the preview that Giorno is starting the fight with base GE, and obviously there's going to be a scene where he evolves into GER for the climax. With how this site has base Giorno getting pretty blitzed by Joker I wonder if that will lead to a bit more of the arguments to his side for a victory if they think Giorno either needs to Stand Arrow again to unleash GER or if he can just power up into it. I think Polneraff did something similar with Silver Chariot? Can't remember exactly.

And again, I don't for a second think they'll come to the conclusion that Joker will speedblitz Giorno before he can get GER going. I just wonder if it's a consideration, or really not even an issue worth discussing.
Death Battle takes people at their peak, so blitzing before Giorno pulls out GER isn't allowed.

Death Battle takes people at their peak, so blitzing before Giorno pulls out GER isn't allowed.
Like I said, I had no faith that Death Battle would argue that was a thing that would happen in the fight.

I don't even think they'll do the whole "Well the arrow fell out of GER at the end of the fight, so he'd need to get the arrow back into his Stand to activate GER again" because:

A)I don't think that's how the Stand Arrow works, I know Polneraff did something different with this own Stand but I dunno
and B) GER is autonomous and can act even when Giorno isn't conscious or aware something's happening

My main question was if that'd even be in consideration since they've argued "If Character A's biggest move hit Character B it could have ended the fight, but they'd need to hit first" several times in the show since Joker should in theory be faster than Giorno could react, but GER doesn't have that issue.

Just kinda arguing in the margins of this debate I suppose.

Funny you should mention that.

Have you been keeping up with the Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant Thread?

Sportacus:
Tier: Likely 9-A by himself. Unknown, likely 8-B with Sports Candy.

Homelander (Dynamite Entertainment)
Tier: 9-A, possibly 8-B

& as for Homelander (TV Series):

Tier: At least 8-A, higher with Heat Vision and Rage Power

& if you want my opinion on the thematic aspect of the matchup:

Homelander is a fictional character, made through morally dubious genetic engineering, who, through horrible caretaking, became a horrible person, who opposes & misrepresents & manipulates humanity.

Meanwhile, Sportacus is a fictional character, but a self-insert by the series author, who does his own stunts, & is an olympic level fitness guy doing all this to promote healthy living & practices. He is a manipulator, but for a good purpose.

Homelander is a peak human through genetics who misuses his capabilities.
Sportacus is a peak human through proper living who uses his capabilities for the betterment of others.

Thematically, Sportacus SHOULD win this matchup.

....But yeah, Wii Fit Trainer is also a good opponent for him, too.
(Except the real WFT gets stomped, while the Smash WFT ends up being the one "demonstrating the 'stomp your feet' exercise".)

Last edited:

Have you been keeping up with the Unpopular Opinions and (Friendly) Rant Thread?

Sportacus:

Homelander is a fictional character, made through morally dubious genetic engineering, who, through horrible caretaking, became a horrible person, who opposes & misrepresents & manipulates theory.

Meanwhile, Sportacus is a fictional character, but a self-insert by the series author, who does his own stunts, & is an olympic level fitness guy doing all this to promote healthy living & practices. He is a manipulator, but for a good purpose.

Sportacus is a peak human through proper living who uses his capabilities for the betterment of others.

(Except the real WFT gets stomped, while the Smash WFT ends up being the one "demonstrating the 'stomp your feet' exercise".)

I thought Sportacus was tier 7 for hitting an apple on the moon and hurting robbie getting launched fast enough to get tier 7 dura for his own feat

Didn’t they go against that logic in Wally vs Sonic?
Doesn’t matter tho since my goat is outer and kills that fraud
No. Flash time travelled after Archie's Super form was over. They still allow for a character to kill the base form if the opponent can bypass it or cheat around it, but they can't blitz it before it happens.

I thought Sportacus was tier 7 for hitting an apple on the moon
Not listed on his profile.

The feat is calced, but I'm not sure, looking at the comments, if it was evaluated as accepted.

Not to mention, he's 9-A normally & 8-B with Sports Candy; A 7-C (Town Level) feat is kind of an outlier for him.
'course, Death Battle & the like might allow outliers like that, so....
and hurting robbie getting launched fast enough to get tier 7 dura for his own feat
I'm not sure what event you're referring to here.

Not to mention, he's 9-A normally & 8-B with Sports Candy; A 7-C (Town Level) feat is kind of an outlier for him.
'course, Death Battle & the like might allow outliers like that, so....
It was calced before that much iirc
I'm not sure what event you're referring to here.
He got in a cannon once and launched iirc, cartoon fight club calculated that in an episode

It was calced before that much iirc
The calc blog I linked is nearly 8 years old. Are you saying there's an older calc?
He got in a cannon once and launched iirc, cartoon fight club calculated that in an episode
Ahhh.

Slightly older.
I don't know/remember what CFC Calc'd it at, but it's City Level, so it'd be several dozen times higher than Sportacus's Town Level feat, though.
Both characters lack other stuff on that level, or even near it, AFAIK, so kinda inconsistent.

I also dunno if that Robbie Moon Launch feat calc was accepted, either.

But it should definitely be listed among the Calcs on the Verse Page, if/when the page gets a Calcs section.

I like how Flash just randomly knew his Super Form has a time limit out out nowhere

Like Wally winning is legit but lol
Death Battle is just bad at making good finishers with DC characters.

It's also funny how some Sonic character deaths in the animation ended up being debunked by a piece of Sonic media later on. Metal being frozen by Zero was debunked by Shadow Gens having Overlord resist time stop, Shadow vs Mewtwo got debunked by Otherworld Comedy having Super Sonic tank memory manipulation against Lightman. Pretty funny.

The red mortal blade Wolf has, Gracious Gift of Tears, has the power to sever the immortality of the one it kills. Wolf used this on Isshin Ashina, after the latter was dragged out of hell via the black mortal blade's Open Gate.
I think nowadays Wolf should win after MK1's timeline reset bringing Scorpion way down powers wise. Honestly don't think he'd need that particular blade unless they chose to go with the more classic Revenant version of Hanzo since it's his more well known.

And I don't think they'd give Scorpion Titan scaling either. That's probably only going to be used for Liu Kang.

Sportacus:

Homelander is a fictional character, made through morally dubious genetic engineering, who, through horrible caretaking, became a horrible person, who opposes & misrepresents & manipulates theory.

Fax the Gigachad Sporticus slams negative diff.

Titan Scorp
I don't think they'd do Titan Scorp for the fight though. It's a mostly featless version of Scorp on its own with just the scaling to the other Titans to go to. The OG Hanzo is the one with all the story, development and connections to Wolf and the version I feel like they'd pull from.

It'd be like going with the Kuai Liang version of him and only using base MK1 for the discussion other than the version more people know of.

(Also I kinda feel like using the Titan version just deletes all possible debates for the fight itself)

I don't think they'd do Titan Scorp for the fight though. It's a mostly featless version of Scorp on its own with just the scaling to the other Titans to go to. The OG Hanzo is the one with all the story, development and connections to Wolf and the version I feel like they'd pull from.

It'd be like going with the Kuai Liang version of him and only using base MK1 for the discussion other than the version more people know of.

(Also I kinda feel like using the Titan version just deletes all possible debates for the fight itself)
This
So it kills undeads?
Yeah. And unless Scorpion has a way to put down the one-armed Wolf, Sekiro can probably last long enough to sever that immortality.

This

Yeah. And unless Scorpion has a way to put down the one-armed Wolf, Sekiro can probably last long enough to sever that immortality.
I feel like just like Ryu vs Scorpion, an actual win condition could be BFR'ing Wolf to the Netherealm to boost his stats until he can get a kill. Wolf's resurrection isn't something he can spam without dying permanently.

Now granted the speed difference between Wolf and Scorpion isn't too big since this site has them both as Massively Hypersonic due to dodging lightning. Wolf does seem to have the AP and Durability advantage, but Scorpion might have abilities and hax covered. I do like how close it can be.

Back