• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I feel like just like Ryu vs Scorpion, an actual win condition could be BFR'ing Wolf to the Netherealm to boost his stats until he can get a kill. Wolf's resurrection isn't something he can spam without dying permanently.

Now granted the speed difference between Wolf and Scorpion isn't too big since this site has them both as Massively Hypersonic due to dodging lightning. Wolf does seem to have the AP and Durability advantage, but Scorpion might have abilities and hax covered. I do like how close it can be.
Wolf doesn't actually die permanently, he still ressurects by taking the life force of people across the lands. Though I do wonder how this would interact in the netherworld. He can also revive a total of 5 times, his normal 3 nodes and 2 jizo statues.

Gan3GNyWkAAP92v
GaroYKVXgAEPn5P

Wolf doesn't actually die permanently, he still ressurects by taking the life force of people across the lands. Though I do wonder how this would interact in the netherworld. He can also revive a total of 5 times, his normal 3 nodes and 2 jizo statues.
That is an interesting interaction, yeah. Does his resurrection rely specifically on life force from living beings to work? The Netherrealm might actually be a way to cut off that possibility, but I think Scorpion would have to know how it worked in order to put that together unless Wolf somehow told him how his resurrection worked during the fight, which I'm fairly certain he wouldn't.

I also don't know if the more humanised version of Scorpion had the habit of dragging people to the Netherrealm to end fights. It wasn't really a thing that he did past MK9 so maybe they'd argue he'd either not do that off rip or would be able to figure out the mechanism behind Wolf's rez ability before Wolf could use his own items to get enough of a stat advantage to kill Scorpion first.

Because non-Revenant Hanzo got shanked by the resident Bug Woman and died in MK11, if they go with that specific version Wolf would probably have that fight in the bag.

Scorpion has hellfire and in character dragged characters in the netherrealm, among other haxes and ranged options like kunai and teleportation, his opponent gotta be have some stuff to himseld to stand up to him

Depends on how you take mk1 scaling fuckery shit but assuming normal Scorpion it's arguable should
I think nowadays Wolf should win after MK1's timeline reset bringing Scorpion way down powers wise. Honestly don't think he'd need that particular blade unless they chose to go with the more classic Revenant version of Hanzo since it's his more well known.

And I don't think they'd give Scorpion Titan scaling either. That's probably only going to be used for Liu Kang.
I don't know why you'd even acknowledge MK1 Scorpion. Not only are they two completely different people (MK1 is Kuai Liang and OG is Hanzo) but MK1 Scorpion wasn't ever a revenant. He just has cool fire powers for some unexplained reason.

I don't know why you'd even acknowledge MK1 Scorpion. Not only are they two completely different people (MK1 is Kuai Liang and OG is Hanzo) but MK1 Scorpion wasn't ever a revenant. He just has cool fire powers for some unexplained reason.
Yeah, that's probably why they'd use OG Revenant Hanzo. It's the more well-known version of the character. I'd reckon it's still a pretty close debate with the various advantages they have over each other unless Scorpion takes him to the Netherrealm. If Wolf's resurrection really does rely on absorbing the life force of living people in the world, cutting him off from that might be a way to secure a kill.

Though it does also make the potential fight almost a rehash of Ryu vs Scorpion except now Ryu has a sword and less special abilities.

I don't like this new MK1 timeline.
The biggest sin was turning the Cyber Ninjas into god damn Iron Man suits. Completely ruins what made the cyberization program so horrifying and why Kuai Liang was so against it. The body horror aspect of your entire body being replaced against your will until you're nothing but a brain in a metal suit following preprogrammed orders is now just "look at this high tech armor we have".

Last edited:
The biggest sin was turning the Cyber Ninjas into god damn Iron Man suits. Completely ruins what made the cyberization program so horrifying and why Kuai Liang was so against it. The body horror aspect or your entire body being replaced against your will until you're nothing but a brain in a metal suit following preprogrammed orders is now just "look at this high tech armor we have".
Wholeheartedly agree. I liked some of the changes they made with a few of the characters (Raiden/Mileena/Kenshi) but the Cyber Ninjas were always a great mirror to Kuai Liang. Really wish we got to keep the rapport Sub-Zero and Scorpion had in 10 and 11 before turning them into being of the same clan in 1.

Scorpion has hellfire and in character dragged characters in the netherrealm, among other haxes and ranged options like kunai and teleportation, his opponent gotta be have some stuff to himseld to stand up to him
Hellfire can be countered by his shinobi umbrella, Wolf also has teleportation and has shurikans to match the kunai (even has his own from Lady Butterfly)

I feel like just like Ryu vs Scorpion, an actual win condition could be BFR'ing Wolf to the Netherealm to boost his stats until he can get a kill. Wolf's resurrection isn't something he can spam without dying permanently.

Now granted the speed difference between Wolf and Scorpion isn't too big since this site has them both as Massively Hypersonic due to dodging lightning. Wolf does seem to have the AP and Durability advantage, but Scorpion might have abilities and hax covered. I do like how close it can be.
Im no expert on Sekiro but can't alsp Scorpion just melt the immortality stopping sword like he did in that one MK1 cinematic where his flames melted an entire group of peoples weapons before they could even touch him.

This could also potentially completely neg nearly all of Wolf's arsenal as most are normal weapons and special attachments to his wooden arm (which also could be a big problem).

Last edited:
Im no expert on Sekiro but can Scorpion just melt the sword like he did in that one MK1 cinematic where his flames melted an entire group of peoples weapons before they could even touch him.
I feel like any normal sword would certainly fall under that, but I think Wolf's special immortal-severing blade might have be a bit too mystical to have that happen.

Granted it'd be super anti-climatic for him to pull out that blade only for it to melt to sludge.

Yes and not only that, but Wolf's regular sword, the Kusabimaru, can already absorb lightning without any damage shown if that means anything.
Yeah, exactly. Lightning can get as hot or hotter than the surface of the sun, while normal steel melts about 2000 Fahrenheit. Wolf's blades should be more than capable of surviving Hanzo's hellfire. Though I'm not a scientist in any meaning of the word, so there's probably some kind of explanation for how lightning and steel interact and how that equates to durability. I don't think lightning rods could be argued to resist the heat of the sun despite being made entirely for attracting and getting struck by lightning.

Sportacus VS Pepsiman and Waluigi VS Robbie Rotten goes unbelievably hard. Not as joke fights but as death battles with comedic tones.
Sportacus vs Pepsiman is also hilarious because of how it likely goes down.

They don't know about each other, but if Pepsiman decides it needs a ranged attack or to put some distance between himself & Sportacus or to blind him or something.... He could spray some Pepsi.
Although, IDK if Pepsiman's ever done so in-character, as Pepsiman might see being sprayed with Pepsi as something that can only go well. Refreshing taste & energizing through sugar & caffeine, etc.

But if he does, Sportacus might be in trouble....

Weaknesses: He does not have any combat experience and is strongly against violence. Very peaceful and pacifistic. Rather naive, as he has easily consistently fallen for Robbie Rotten's disguises. "Sugar" (Will pass out if he is exposed to "Sugar", although he can be replenished with Sports Candy).

Sportacus admittedly, has shown good reflexes & acrobatics, so he might be able to dodge, if he thinks to. (IDK how often he's been tricked into consuming sugar, but it's an in-universe known weakness of his Robbie will readily exploit when it's on his mind.)

& unless Pepsiman can become exhausted by spraying Pepsi or run out of Pepsi, then Sportacus at best, has to rely on a finite supply of Sports Candy vs potentially unlimited Pepsi.

To his credit, Sportacus DOES tier-stomp Pepsiman, IIRC.

But the mental image of the fight being Sportacus wearily crawling on the floor in lethargic agony, & desperately trying to reach some "sports candy" (fruit or vegetables.) half the time because Pepsiman sprayed some soda at him...
& then Sportacus doing over-the-top super gymnastics the other half....

It's just hilarious to me.

Not to mention, depending on how severely it weakens him, it could totally flip the script on who stomps who.

Last edited:
Also apparently Pepsiman is literally made of metal. I thought he was just colored like a Pepsi can but no, he's just sapient metal.
Pepsi Convoy (ペプシコンボイ Pepushi Konboi) has but one mission—to bring cool, refreshing carbonated beverages to the thirsty sentients across the galaxy. With his powerful CO2 soda gun, fueled by the massive Bottle Station, even the mightiest of thirsts shall be quenched!He is made of a special sample of "sentient metal" originally developed by NASA that was entrusted to the Autobots. This same metal makes up the mysterious thirst-quenching "superhero" known to one and all as Pepsiman. It is unknown if Pepsi Convoy shares other traits with Pepsiman, namely a good running speed, nigh-invulnerability, near-muteness, and rather poor luck.
Got this from the Transformers wiki of all things.

Back