• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

My favorite thing about GvS3, or at least one of them, is the change in voice actor for Goku.

Don't get me wrong, I like MasakoX, he's a very nice guy and clearly cares a lot about the character. But I also feel like Abridged Goku has done a good bit of damage to cannon Goku's reputation on the internet (yes Super did as well, but that's a separate conversation).

Because of Abridged (or more accurately people who haven't actually watched Abridged but act like they have because they've seen memes of it), a lot of people now see Goku and this violent, brainless moron who doesn't care about his family.

I think casting a new Goku for GvS3 was a great way to move away from that perception of his character.

To be honest: I think the biggest problem with Dragon Ball in Death Battle is that outside of some of the extremely popular MUs, the match ups we get with Dragon Ball characters in Death Battle are always 90% stomps.

Like of course Reverse Flash speed blitzes and haxes Goku Black to death, of course Thor completely pulverizes Vegeta due to Skyfather and above scaling arguments, of course Superman decimates even a semi composite Goku because of 80+ years of comics showing off absurd feats and scaling for Superman and canonizing everything in DC. Yet people want to bitch and get angry with the Death Battle when those characters end up losing obvious stomp matches that favor the opponent? You were clamoring for Death Battle to do those battles and you're surprised that the Dragon Ball character didn't stomp? It's just ridiculous to me.

Now of course, shit like Omni Man vs Bardock was due to bad research. But other than that, it's not Death Battle's fault that they're given matches where Dragon Ball gets eviscerated, especially when it's a comic book MU to boot.

Honestly, what Dragon Ball fights/characters are still on the table for a death battle? Sure they could just reuse characters, but I'd rather see something new then the same old people.
Piccolo, Gohan, Cooler, Gotenks, Merged Zamasu, Janemba, Krillin, Tien, Yamcha, Pan, Baby, Turles, Slug, Mira, Dabura, Fu, Granolah, a lot of characters really both Canon and Non-Canon.

My favorite thing about GvS3, or at least one of them, is the change in voice actor for Goku.

Don't get me wrong, I like MasakoX, he's a very nice guy and clearly cares a lot about the character. But I also feel like Abridged Goku has done a good bit of damage to cannon Goku's reputation on the internet (yes Super did as well, but that's a separate conversation).

Because of Abridged (or more accurately people who haven't actually watched Abridged but act like they have because they've seen memes of it), a lot of people now see Goku and this violent, brainless moron who doesn't care about his family.

I think casting a new Goku for GvS3 was a great way to move away from that perception of his character.
People really don't see the whole disclaimer telling them that "it's a non-profit parody" and that they should "go buy the ******* show"

To be honest: I think the biggest problem with Dragon Ball in Death Battle is that outside of some of the extremely popular MUs, the match ups we get with Dragon Ball characters in Death Battle are always 90% stomps.

Like of course Reverse Flash speed blitzes and haxes Goku Black to death, of course Thor completely pulverizes Vegeta due to Skyfather and above scaling arguments, of course Superman decimates even a semi composite Goku because of 80+ years of comics showing off absurd feats and scaling for Superman and canonizing everything in DC. Yet people want to bitch and get angry with the Death Battle when those characters end up losing obvious stomp matches that favor the opponent? You were clamoring for Death Battle to do those battles and you're surprised that the Dragon Ball character didn't stomp? It's just ridiculous to me.

Now of course, shit like Omni Man vs Bardock was due to bad research. But other than that, it's not Death Battle's fault that they're given matches where Dragon Ball gets eviscerated, especially when it's a comic book MU to boot.
It goes back to what @RedReaper616 said
the fact the main people Dragon Ball lose to are characters that are massively reduced in power for general audiences (MCU/DCAU) compared to their canon selves and are gargantuan in terms of material, given comic characters often don't actually operate at the level we describe on a day to day basis only to randomly skyrocket in strength for a given run. Except instead of 1 time, it happens 50 times over 2500 runs. It forces itself to be self-consistent. (Not a criticism to their approach to Comic Scaling. I think it's correct. I just think it's due to comics being like 100 years old and unintentionally stacking on itself. A symptom of the nature of Marvel and DC's approach to the comic book medium.) At this point people don't even read comics to say someone wins. People can hear "The Wall Vs Gohan" and the virtue of The Wall being from Marvel Comics will convince people that the Wall would probably win.

Pilaf Gang, Tao Pai Pai, Red Ribbon army maybe, Cell, and whatever Xeno has
I don't think you can really put Zeno in a Death Battle. He never has and likely never will fight, and his only ability is to erase things from existence. You just can't make a fight out of that, let alone a DB episode.

Oh wait did you mean like Heroes / Xenoverse?

I feel like Mark vs Gohan just straight up wouldn't happen unless they at least gave Mark Spawn scaling. Because otherwise there's no way they wouldn't recognize that as a complete stomp.
Evens base spawn scaling doesn't work given how base spawn power varies and it was a au spawn the au Invincible killed meaning it's impossible to know how strong that incarnation is to use for scailing

Ignoring that, Mark vs Gohan ATP just feels like pure spite

Even if you want to wank Mark to universal badly Gohan upscales to a laughable margin in base alone let alone ssj and mystic and Beast

The dynamic worse primarily because there no scenario Gohan is going anywhere above ssj at best to deal with Mark let alone beast

Folks found Ssj Bardock losing to Omni-Man dumb having Invincible push Gohan to beast in any manner looks stupid

Evens base spawn scaling doesn't work given how base spawn power varies and it was a au spawn the au Invincible killed meaning it's impossible to know how strong that incarnation is to use for scailing

Ignoring that, Mark vs Gohan ATP just feels like pure spite

Even if you want to wank Mark to universal badly Gohan upscales to a laughable margin in base alone let alone ssj and mystic and Beast

The dynamic worse primarily because there no scenario Gohan is going anywhere above ssj at best to deal with Mark let alone beast

Folks found Ssj Bardock losing to Omni-Man dumb having Invincible push Gohan to beast in any manner looks stupid
Absolutely, don't get it twisted, I agree with you.

Back