• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I dont want DBZ for a long while. All remaining characters & MUs have issues, they have continued to research them badly, they blatantly try to appease DBZ fans and its pathetic, Im convinced bar Ben & Chad that DB research team has resentment for DBZ and they probably dont like wanking them in useless ways.

Their research on Nolan was so bad I can say its just biased, they honestly have done a lot of weird research since S10 and even sadly DJTiki unfortunately ****** up editing in analysis parts.

Absolute disappointment.
Is it too conspiritorial for me to say that I think they scaled Bardock to that weird DBZ filler feat just so they could preemptively counter people who would argue that giving Omni Man the Sun Disk is an outlier?

Like, "No see we gave Bardock weird scaling, too!"

Is it too conspiritorial for me to say that I think they scaled Bardock to that weird DBZ filler feat just so they could preemptively counter people who would argue that giving Omni Man the Sun Disk is an outlier?

Like, "No see we gave Bardock weird scaling, too!"
I get them giving him Toei scaling due to his DBS version barely having material to work with + It is the version most people want to see against Omni-Man

But i share the same thoughts as you regarding they giving Bardock MFTL+ scaling, though

My brother in DIO, Dragon Ball have lost 4/5 times out of their most recent fights. The only times they won since Broly was either with Frieza or kicking their own ass
No but see they had like 5 year win streak long 4+ years ago, they DBZ fans are just salty.

But yeah they do try to appease DBZ fans. HulkBroly had Ben tweet "DBZ fans, look how much we have improved" and having say Trunks is way cooler than Silver. And then the overly happy go lucky friendo attitude in GvS3 is lame when they absolutely didnt even bother to give Goku actual stats even tho any single stat would have been useless.

No but see they had like 5 year win streak long 4+ years ago, they DBZ fans are just salty.

But yeah they do try to appease DBZ fans. HulkBroly had Ben tweet "DBZ fans, look how much we have improved" and having say Trunks is way cooler than Silver.
it's the truth though
And then the overly happy go lucky friendo attitude in GvS3 is lame when they absolutely didnt even bother to give Goku actual stats even tho any single stat would have been useless.
Why is it lame? This was a match that was met with disappointment from its own creators with how poorly both parties were treated in GvS2. To finally have the chance to correct those mistakes, it would be weird not to be happy about that.

But yeah they do try to appease DBZ fans. HulkBroly had Ben tweet "DBZ fans, look how much we have improved" and having say Trunks is way cooler than Silver. And then the overly happy go lucky friendo attitude in GvS3 is lame when they absolutely didnt even bother to give Goku actual stats even tho any single stat would have been useless.
Goku VS Superman 2 really gave Ben and Chad PTSD on how DBZ fans see them or at least try to salvage whatever reputation with them as possible. The amount of glazing they do for Dragon Ball characters post-GVS2 is kinda condescending lowkey but completely understandable.

Yeah wank speed kinda works for SSJ, but it is weird for Base Bardock.

I gueeess its due to Base Goku probably being weak enough to allow some scaling, like 4000 PL vs near 10000 PL, but Goku def got some Zenkais so it might not scale. Hell, there might be guide that has Goku's PL after recovering from hospital.

I get where you're coming from (though I personally liked Goku vs Superman 3). But I really don't think it's that serious.

I agree that they do kinda try to 'soften the blow' a bit sometimes nowadays, especially when Dragon Ball is taking an L, but again I really don't think it's all that serious.

Why is it lame? This was a match that was met with disappointment from its own creators with how poorly both parties were treated in GvS2. To finally have the chance to correct those mistakes, it would be weird not to be happy about that.
Its not lame I agree but I rather prefer both characters having different opponents at the time before doing the mu again

At the very least give Goku fans actual hope that there guy could snag a W before feeding him to Clark and have him go 0-3
Goku VS Superman 2 really gave Ben and Chad PTSD on how DBZ fans see them or at least try to salvage whatever reputation with them as possible. The amount of glazing they do for Dragon Ball characters post-GVS2 is kinda condescending lowkey but completely understandable.
Man if I had a time machine to erase that piece of shit from existence

Its not lame I agree but I rather prefer both characters having different opponents at the time before doing the mu again

At the very least give Goku fans actual hope that there guy could snag a W before feeding him to Clark and have him go 0-3
Oh yeah that's true, both deserve different matchups instead of being stuck with eachother for over a decade now. But hey, the fight, in my opinion, is the best DB has ever done, so it was worth it in the end.

Why is it lame?
They are so friendly in GvS3 its too far. Its bit weird.

And you know what? Screw defending GvS2. They are the ones who wrote it. I dont care that management made it into a sequel, they still complied to that. Basically everyone trashes them for marketing RWBY in YangTifa, it honestly was kinda justified to keep trashing GvS2. They wrote very bad episode, reasonable complaints were fine for it.

Man if I had a time machine to erase that piece of shit from existence
I will say that I agree it's kinda sad that Goku will likely never get an opponent that he actually has a chance at beating on Death Battle.

And yeah, GvS2 is obviously garbage, it's one of the few times I believe the salt was warranted.

They are so friendly in GvS3 its too far. Its bit weird.
I.... really don't see how it's being too far?
And you know what? Screw defending GvS2. They are the ones who wrote it. I dont care that management made it into a sequel, they still complied to that. Basically everyone trashes them for marketing RWBY in YangTifa, it honestly was kinda justified to keep trashing GvS2. They wrote very bad episode, reasonable complaints were fine for it.
Dude nobody defends GvS2 LMAAAAAOOOO

It kinda feels fake when they try to console Dragonball fans after every loss. C'mon you don't need to make a speech about how epic Goku is because he lost and his fanboys are pissy. And ONLY dragonball gets this treatment, when has any other verse gotten one, let alone multiple speeches after an L.
I don't think you have to worry about them making speeches about Goku's Ls anymore.

I mean hey unless Death Battle wants to surprise me and bring him back in the future for a match he can actually win.

It kinda feels fake when they try to console Dragonball fans after every loss. C'mon you don't need to make a speech about how epic Goku is because he lost and his fanboys are pissy. And ONLY dragonball gets this treatment, when has any other verse gotten one, let alone multiple speeches after an L.
Gonna be honest, kinda feels like they are less consoling Dragon Ball fans and instead console Goku fans specifically. Like it's always Goku that gets the treatment where the rest of the cast just gets treated like normal or "Not Goku".

Hell, Vegito vs Gogeta was literally just "Vegeta is weaker lol"

It's a movie feat, so nope
They used DBS anime to also justify it.

You know, I just dont like GvS3 as a MU anymore, and you know why?

DB is inconsistent on MU choices. DB has and likely will not do MUs that are stomp. It has been a thing. So why in the ever living **** do they do DBZ vs comics duo anymore? They are some of the single most lopsided fights they have done in recent years. DBZ can NEVER beat Outerversal. I get that they can make fun eps, but surely a good team make almost any MU good, so why keep killing DBZ characters in fights they cant win? And then right after that they did Nolan glazing.

I honestly want to thank whoever coincidentally brought Sun Disk up again because I really wanted to rant about DB again lmao

Honestly, what Dragon Ball fights/characters are still on the table for a death battle? Sure they could just reuse characters, but I'd rather see something new then the same old people.
Gohan
Piccolo
Cell
Krillin
Yamcha
M.Zam
Hit
Pilaf Gang
Jiren
Moro
Maybe some z movie villains

Black obviously doesn't scale even slightly to Infinite Zamasu and the Hit feat was tournament of power and was done by Jiren
The hit vs goku feat from the u6 arc

Back