• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

So how do extra lives, like... WORK in a vs debate? In game they just reset you at a certain point, right? Iirc Bowser and other bosses sometimes remark about your past losses, so, theoretically, wouldn't it be a case of not "regenerating" fast enough for a match and count as a loss?
Thats what I'm trying to figure. The closest I can think is like Chosen Undead but even then CU could go hollow or the 'can't regenerate fast enough' like they used for Hulk vs Broly. Saying 'infinite lives' feels too much like something for a gag and a one-off feature to be used since by that logic, Bowser could just keeps spawning mid-fight or something

So how do extra lives, like... WORK in a vs debate? In game they just reset you at a certain point, right? Iirc Bowser and other bosses sometimes remark about your past losses, so, theoretically, wouldn't it be a case of not "regenerating" fast enough for a match and count as a loss?
Resurrection?

Asta vs Nastu is better.
It probably is to actually get something out of Asta's anti-magic

But I don't care, Mash and Asta are both muscle bound freaks of nature that have similar backstories, I want to see them fight

Also it would lead into the even better match, Innocent Zero vs Lucius Zogratis

Back