• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Alright so I know it’s a dumb take, but ngl, I kinda like Majima vs Undyne
You know, the problem with any match that involves Majime is actually having him go all out

You would either need an opponent that's insanely despicable (like Lao Gui), an opponent that puts him into a situation where he needs to go all out (like at the end of Yakiza 5 with the situation he was in), or the opponent works for an organization that has scorned him and have hurt his loved ones (the Dojima family in 0). Because usually he's just going to have a fun time, trying to bring out the best in his opponent.

This is actually the primary reason I think Eggman wins. MOST of their hax cancels out, but both have minor advantages that can pretty cleanly win them the battle.

Which leads to the question of: Who can gather more information, who is smarter, and who is quicker. All of which are Eggman advantages. Even if both are at immeasurable, Eggman scales higher into it, and at finite speeds Eggman has clear advantage. Eggman’s machinery and Eggnet has constant passive scanning, which is already great compared to Tippi (who as far as I know honestly isn’t all that great), but with Sage (who can trap the Koopa Kingdom army and directly siphon their memories) he has vastly more information to use. Further, Sage can run millions of simulations in seconds and create perfect winning game plans. She literally can “Doctor Strange” it.

Not to mention that the Phantom Ruby can’t be analyzed, so Eggman had clear advantage there. Eggman, being the smarter and more evil of the two, can pretty quickly and efficiently strategize around his newly acquired information to press his minor advantages. He’s also out of the two to stop playing around far more quickly, and has even voiced he specifically holds back in confrontations with Sonic SPECIFICALLY (and no one else) to beat him “the right way” and “to prove a point.” Things the Doctor will not have to deal with against Bowser.

Combine that with an army that counters the technological (Zavok’s Technopathy) as well as the organic (Metal Virus) and Eggman has a solid battle lead, leaving only the Supernatural (like Boos) to deal with and whatever Kamek or Bowser spawn in (which can easily be dealt with by whatever Eggman spawns in via Phantom Ruby.)
I knew I wasn't crazy when I kept saying I feel Eggman should win more often than not each time I look into it, a lot of these I even feel are his major wincons over Bowser

Back