• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I don't really know if this is a false memory or not, but I vividly remember a Bowser vs Eggman blog being posted in the last thread. Can anyone show if that did happen, and if so repost it? (I remember being surprised Eggman won but I could've just made that up in my mind).
There’s also a really well made one (though it’s missing Eggman’s Hammerspace Manip, which is a very integral factor to the matchup) here.

I don't really know if this is a false memory or not, but I vividly remember a Bowser vs Eggman blog being posted in the last thread. Can anyone show if that did happen, and if so repost it? (I remember being surprised Eggman won but I could've just made that up in my mind).
it did happen but it got deleted
theres this one

How Bowser fights (According to Mario scalers) / How Bowser fights In-Canon (Bro barely uses his hax):

05eaef7e2053d7b71c21ad19758f503852d0866a_00.gif
punch-beat-up.gif

How Bowser fights (According to Mario scalers) / How Bowser fights In-Canon (Bro barely uses his hax):

punch-beat-up.gif
And he's all the more based for it, no time for wizard shit when you can just box

That's sums up 95% of characters in fiction
Honestly yeah, it's so funny seeing how many people will say "Oh this mage will instantly pull out and spam their instant conceptual existence erasure" when they spend most of their fights shooting fireballs and used that erasure once off screen or something.

And he's all the more based for it, no time for wizard shit when you can just box

Honestly yeah, it's so funny seeing how many people will say "Oh this mage will instantly pull out and spam their instant conceptual existence erasure" when they spend most of their fights shooting fireballs and used that erasure once off screen or something.
It's what makes vs threads on this site such a chore so frequently, tbh. It just comes down to whether one or the other individual uses something to win right away or gets one-shotted by the opponent's wincon.

I say it funny how DB fans will bitch about how X and Y characters mainly fight like bricks when the show they came from will have them fight like bricks

(though it’s missing Eggman’s Hammerspace Manip, which is a very integral factor to the matchup)
To be fair that was only found recently since nobody plays Shuffle, and I don't think Death Battle even knew about it when making the match. Since they and most blogs just copy the research from here.

I say it funny how DB fans will bitch about how X and Y characters mainly fight like bricks when the show they came from will have them fight like bricks
Mfw people say Johnny Joestar can’t work for an animation when they forget he’s in a fighting game

I wouldn't consider her a side-character but I def agree that see doesn't have enough of a full DB.
Hmmm true she is a major one if you instead consider the main group as Undertale's big characters, Toriel, Sans, Papyrus etc. but she is still not the the major one.

punch-beat-up.gif
Eggman definitively uses his deadlier haxes more in character than Bowser, and has better reasons when he doesn't use them like the machines being destroyed unlike Bowser who just... doesn't use them. Pretty sure that's going to be ignored in the Death Battle.

And even then that's still better than the combo of UES wank and power-scaling hax where you can get P&A that a character has NEVER canonically used but it's still a "win-con" right?
At least more recent episodes with more "varied" characters like Billcord and DocRick did a good job at showing off a characters P&A while showing off good characterization, tho actual brick characters well are well bricks for a reason.

Back