• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

So how do extra lives, like... WORK in a vs debate? In game they just reset you at a certain point, right? Iirc Bowser and other bosses sometimes remark about your past losses, so, theoretically, wouldn't it be a case of not "regenerating" fast enough for a match and count as a loss?
Thats what I'm trying to figure. The closest I can think is like Chosen Undead but even then CU could go hollow or the 'can't regenerate fast enough' like they used for Hulk vs Broly. Saying 'infinite lives' feels too much like something for a gag and a one-off feature to be used since by that logic, Bowser could just keeps spawning mid-fight or something

So how do extra lives, like... WORK in a vs debate? In game they just reset you at a certain point, right? Iirc Bowser and other bosses sometimes remark about your past losses, so, theoretically, wouldn't it be a case of not "regenerating" fast enough for a match and count as a loss?
Resurrection?

Yeah, but how long does it take for Mario/Bowser to revive? Is it ever said? If it takes too long/places Bowser back at a far away checkpoint then it'd count as a loss and not be useful per DB rules
I don't think the Mario series ever talked about the characters having more than one life canonically outside of some fourth wall breaks

The only ways the characters can use to resurrect are:
  1. Obviously using the 1-Up Mushroom
  2. Interacting with the ghost forms of the dead characters and ressurect them, as showed in Super Mario Bros Wonder
  3. Using the "Pick Me Up" item
The problem with the last two is that they pretty much doesnt' work on the characters themselves, but rather only can be used on their allies

Besides the ones previously mentioned, afaik, Bowser has access to both Earlier Times and Retry Clock, which can restart a battle over from the start and reset Bowser's HP, although it also would resets Eggman'a HP as well

It should also be noted that all of the above items can instantly ressurect Bowser/his allies after being used

Holy based someone posted Zapp Brannigan vs Captain Qwark as MU to Ballot Banter. Now its not a real episode deal but it would be kino DBX.

hes-wiz-and-i-am-boomstick-v0-j3kurf670fnd1.png

eh i wouldn't say it the most requested fight for a rematch but its definitely going to be a back n forth with it vs ChiefDoom given the former been getting shilled and pushed on Reddit, discord servers and some parts of twitter
As long as it isn’t Ben VS Hal or Yang VS Tifa runback then I am fine with either.

eh i wouldn't say it the most requested fight for a rematch but its definitely going to be a back n forth with it vs ChiefDoom given the former been getting shilled and pushed on Reddit, discord servers and some parts of twitter
I said the above comment based on what i have seen in r/DeathBattle and r/DeathBattleMatchups, not sure on Twitter and Discord servers since i don't use those.

But yeah, it is comparable in popularity to Doom VS Chief, although it is slightly popular from my knowledge

Back