• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

8OU48II.png

Bonk counter: 53

WHY DOES THIS THREAD STILL KEEP BEING HORNY

Anyways, for tinfoiling, the OST sounds very Persona-like. We could use their VA reveals tho, thats some good tinfoil too.
Your pathetic bonks mean nothing

That animation looks terrible wow
You know what? Now that you've said it, I'll say it too. I hate the puppet sprite animation. It is ugly, stiff and uncanny. The characters don't feel alive and it feels cheap.

In this case, it is ugly too, the characters look stiff and have unnatural movements since they move like stiff puppets. I would have preferred if they used normal sprites.

I'm imagining this hype final scene, Joker is going for the killing blow with his ultimate attack, and Giorno just turns this massive bullet into a Blue Whale or something and it falls to the ground.

"Well, damn... you kinda ruined the moment, there."
NGL, when I read that I immediately thought of the opposite result, similar to Roshi vs Jiraiya

"I'll use Gold Experience to turn the giant bullet into a whale, that'll st-" crushed by a Mach 3 Whale

You know what? Now that you've said it, I'll say it too. I hate the puppet sprite animation. It is ugly, stiff and uncanny. The characters don't feel alive and it feels cheap.

In this case, it is ugly too, the characters look stiff and have unnatural movements since they move like stiff puppets. I would have preferred if they used normal sprites.
This should’ve been 3D instead.

As someone who can give the slimmest shit about Joker vs Giorno, my reaction to a Giorno W would be: "How?"

Because knowing some of the absurd shit that lies inside the Persona series, on top of some points which were listed already by experts of Persona, I can't really envision a scenario where Joker doesn't outright resist RTZ when he's resisted similar abilities in the past. Of course it depends on if DB ends up buying such arguments, but I just can't see a Giorno W no matter what I'm told.

I'm rooting for Joker, but seeing that preview, I think Giorno will win.

The Persona loading screen, the Persona background music, the battle taking place in a palace ALREADY & not for like, the climax....

Heck, Joker being THE AGGRESSOR, AKA the villain.

Death Battle in both music, & setpieces & choreography & what not, pays homeages to both sides, but it feels like we only saw Joker's side there.
& this looks like the BEGINNING of the battle.

Meaning it'll turn around in the second half to show Giorno's stuff. Possibly a time reversal, with Joker being put in a time loop of attacking Giorno, who already sits on the throne. He's on it at the beginning, & at the end of every loop, making Joker's defeat in that manner all the more "poetic"/"cinematic", you know?

I don't like the idea of Giorno winning, but I think that's what's going to happen here.

Last edited:

The Persona loading screen, the Persona background music, the battle taking place in a palace ALREADY & not for like, the climax....

Heck, Giorno being THE AGGRESSOR, AKA the villain.

Death Battle in both music, & setpieces & choreography & what not, pays homeages to both sides, but it feels like we only saw Joker's side there.

Meaning it'll turn around in the second half to show Giorno's stuff. Possibly a time reversal, with Joker being put in a time loop of attacking Giorno, who already sits on the throne. He's on it at the beginning, & at the end of every loop, making Joker's defeat in that manner all the more "poetic"/"cinematic", you know?

I don't like the idea of Giorno winning, but I think that's what's going to happen here.
Your reading to into it man 😭

Heck, Giorno being THE AGGRESSOR, AKA the villain.

I kinda disagree with a lot of that

For starters, the fact that it takes place in a palace can just be for the simple fact of basic logic. Joker isn't a character who can normally use his powers in the real world so if the fight started there it would just be "Normal Teenager vs Stand User" plus there's the whole Palace traversal and whatnot, starting it in the metaverse kinda just makes the most sense.

Secondly, Joker is on all accounts the aggressor in the fight. While Giorno is the antagonistic force he's not really shown to do anything to start the fight as opposed to Joker who clearly sent a calling card and is rocking up to his doorstep loudly playing "Rivers in the Desert" on 100% volume just because he disagrees with Giorno's opinion.

And thirdly, we do see elements of Giorno in the sneak peak. For starters the very environment, while deriving from Persona, is entirely based on Giorno with the throne he sits on being a direct JoJo reference™. Then you have the intimidating aura Giorno exudes when he claims his dream will not be taken. And then finally Giorno turns Joker's bullets into bees which may or may not be relevant the nano-second the sneak peak continues.

Edit: Oh for DIO's sake, Giorno is literally pulling a Dio pose while he's sitting on the throne LOL

Last edited:
I kinda disagree with a lot of that

For starters, the fact that it takes place in a palace can just be for the simple fact of basic logic. Joker isn't a character who can normally use his powers in the real world so if the fight started there it would just be "Normal Teenager vs Stand User" plus there's the whole Palace traversal and whatnot, starting it in the metaverse kinda just makes the most sense.

Secondly, Joker is on all accounts the aggressor in the fight. While Giorno is the antagonistic force he's not really shown to do anything to start the fight as opposed to Joker who clearly sent a calling card and is rocking up to his doorstep loudly playing "Rivers in the Desert" on 100% volume just because he disagrees with Giorno's opinion.
Both of these are accurate.
I just now realized I had a lapse in thought. Joker was the one who cut the throne & burned Giorno. I had meant to say JOKER was the aggressor.
So embarassed. Sorry.
And thirdly, we do see elements of Giorno in the sneak peak. For starters the very environment, while deriving from Persona, is entirely based on Giorno with the throne he sits on being a direct JoJo reference™. Then you have the intimidating aura Giorno exudes when he claims his dream will not be taken. And then finally Giorno turns Joker's bullets into bees which may or may not be relevant the nano-second the sneak peak continues.

Edit: Oh for DIO's sake, Giorno is literally pulling a Dio pose while he's sitting on the throne LOL
Good catches!

Last edited:
Back