• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Really just depends on their hax and experience against equal foes ig
I feel like Dormmamu has a better track record against equal foes. I know a lot of the complaints about Raven vs Phoenix were how people disagreed with the level of power they put Trigon on by showing panels of him 'holding his own' when the next panel over was him getting laid out.

"I've come to bargain" memes aside, I think Dormroom should take it.

this-comment-under-the-commission-track-is-basically-how-i-v0-zt0g3ud61dud1.jpeg
God I wish they could use this in the official animation

Iris is official Egyptian now so that makes the ethnicities:
Skyla - Latina
Clay - Japanese
Burgh - Italian
Lenora - Bri'ish (Black)
Cilan, Cress, and Chili - Bri'ish (White)
Drayden - German
Iris - Egyptian
Elesa - French
Brycen - Chinese

By the way the second Alder on that sheet is meant to be Drayden and the one below looker is Charon

Alder is apparently Obi-Wan and Shauntal is a freak

Jojo Knowers, I've got yet another question for you (Sorry for constantly asking as well)

I've been seeing some people saying that GER after negating an attack or ability makes it so the same thing can't be used again, but does anyone know where that is coming from? On the profile here is just says he has power negation from the one Jojo book entry that said he 'nullified King Crimson's abilities' but I haven't seen anything that says 'the same attack can't be used again'

Is this from how Diavolo didn't try to King Crimson Time Erase again after the first barrage? Or was it stated in another data book somewhere.
I see. Thanks for the input as well, I've seen it brought up in the DB reddit (and I could have sworn that I saw it brought up here in this thread, but I can't ready through everything to try and check up at the moment) so it's interesting to see that it's not something that seems totally agreed on.

I think the main argument I saw was Joker use healing spells to offset Giorno potentially de-aging him, GER then using RTZ to stop that, and somehow meaning Joker can't his healing spells to stop the aging anymore. But I hadn't really seen anything in his profile here that said that was a power he had, so I wanted to double check.
Both the guidebooks that GER appears in have something to say about GER negating abilities, with JoJo-agogo stating that GER has the ability to 'reduce all power to zero' (alongside 'will') and JoJoveller stating that GER negated all of King Crimson's abilities. Unlike with resetting will to zero, GER actually uses this in canon, as it is done in tandem alongside setting actions to zero (GER itself also spouts out that no matter what ability you have, you'll never arrive at the reality that will occur). I see this as saying that you can't use your abilities again once this happens because, that's kinda what nullification/negation entails. And anyways, once Diavolo was effected and reverted by GER, he was incapable of using his abilities to defend himself against GER barrages or within the death loop for that matter. I'm sure having Time Erasure would have been very helpful in stopping yourself from being stabbed lol

In regards to that argument, yes, if RTZ were to kick in and we assume it works on Joker and then Giorno tries to age him, Joker uses his healing spells wouldn't work. RTZ reduces your 'power' to zero, negates all of your abilites, we saw Diavolo incapable of using his abilities to defend himself or in the death loop and RTZ even makes it so that the reality where that occurs never actually happens regardless of your abilities (obviously be careful with NLF here). Joker would have to have an innate resistance to age manip in this scenario.

In regards to that argument, yes, if RTZ were to kick in and we assume it works on Joker and then Giorno tries to age him, Joker uses his healing spells wouldn't work. RTZ reduces your 'power' to zero, negates all of your abilites, we saw Diavolo incapable of using his abilities to defend himself or in the death loop and RTZ even makes it so that the reality where that occurs never actually happens regardless of your abilities (obviously be careful with NLF here). Joker would have to have an innate resistance to age manip in this scenario.
Giorno when he nullifies Dia spells but Joker shoves a burger he had in his pocket for months in his mouth

Both the guidebooks that GER appears in have something to say about GER negating abilities, with JoJo-agogo stating that GER has the ability to 'reduce all power to zero' (alongside 'will') and JoJoveller stating that GER negated all of King Crimson's abilities. Unlike with resetting will to zero, GER actually uses this in canon, as it is done in tandem alongside setting actions to zero (GER itself also spouts out that no matter what ability you have, you'll never arrive at the reality that will occur). I see this as saying that you can't use your abilities again once this happens because, that's kinda what nullification/negation entails. And anyways, once Diavolo was effected and reverted by GER, he was incapable of using his abilities to defend himself against GER barrages or within the death loop for that matter. I'm sure having Time Erasure would have been very helpful in stopping yourself from being stabbed lol

Awesome, thanks for the explanation!

That does make a good argument, but I do kinda think that it's pulling a power out of nowhere and conflating it with the vague description of GER's powers.

LIke I definitely understand RTZ's ability to resetting the action to zero in the sense where it was like the attack never landed, but I think conflating it with basically shutting off the power entirely is a stretch. The way I see it Diavolo didn't use King Crimson's power of Time Erasure beceause he had no idea what the hell just happened and got his world rocked, and afterwards was looking for a place to catch his breath before trying again. Again, this is only my own interpretation of how the ability works, because Diavolo did still try and attack GER after the time erasure failed so his Stand was still there.

Then he got rocked again by another barrage and fell into the river. So I feel like his inability to use any finer use of his powers was more like he was just trying to figure out what the hell just happened and got sewer shanked before he could.

Also I want to reiterate that I'm not trying to downplay every element of GER here in Joker's favor, it's just that these grand descriptions of what the Stand can do are all so entirely vague with no real showings so I don't want to take it at face value.

As a member of the "It's subjective crowd" the main issue is that a lot of people in the same camp as me have is that they take it to the extreme that literally everything is subjective. Like even though I think the dreaded icky lore™ would let Kratos stomp the shit outta Asura I think it's subjective and using more in your face and concrete feats to say Asura stomps Kratos is fine, but if someone tried arguing that Kaido beats Galactus than they are just objectively wrong lmao. Like often it is subjective but it ain't exactly rare for a MU or a feat to be objective (I know it's a dead horse but lmao at Viltrum having beyond star level durability, the Toriko planet it is not), trying to take it to the extreme of it ALL being subjective just ain't it.
Eeeeeerm, are you toxic????? Timeout for you

Allow me to show you the Mythical High 1-C GER scale:

Within the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe: Short Story Collection, there are two notable short stories that speak about the JoJo cosmology, in that it operates based on the 10 or more dimensions supposed by Superstring theory as well M-Theory that encompasses it. These short stories are Blackstar and Censored Equation. Below are some excerpts that show this:

“I don’t care about the $500,000. I want you to tell me what you know. Who the hell is the
Spaghetti Man?”
They stared each other down. Finally, as if he was admitting defeat, Gabriel looked down.
“Do you know about the superstring theory of cosmology?”
“That’s the theory that particles aren’t dots, but more like strings... right?”
“Correct,” Gabriel replied. “When this hypothesis was made, it was concluded that over 10 dimensions would be necessary for superstring theory to be true. The person who’s controlling these Spaghetti Men resides within one of these ten or more dimensions. As we’re limited to the third dimension, our search for this mastermind is incredibly restricted. We’ve been using these beings we call the Spaghetti Men to help us reach that being.”

The information hit him like a brick. Believe it or not, Rohan was willing to admit that he simply didn’t understand this at all. But if there were black holes that looked like humans, the idea of a monster residing in a higher dimension didn’t seem so far-fetched.

After a few moments of hesitation, he said very carefully, “…This equation calculates how to access another dimension.
Another dimension, huh?
I wondered if people who studied mathematics were a bit odd, after all. But Chikamori seemed to be aware that what he’d said could be misinterpreted, because he continued: “You might laugh at me for talking about different dimensions, but nowadays the M-theory, which encompasses the superstring theory, makes it not unlikely for the possibility of other dimensions to exist—
“Stop, stop! Can we just skip the complicated stuff?”
“Oh, I’m sorry. I got too excited. Not even my friends in the department bother to listen to me…”
Chikamori, who had begun to lean forward eagerly, scratched his head in embarrassment. After we smiled at each other,
…Are you able to access this other dimension, then?
“Only if I can solve this equation.”

There is a bit more explanation for both, but that's the main bit. What's interesting though is that Araki himself said within JoJoveller that each of these short stories take place in the same world as the original JoJo story, meaning that the 10 Dimensions described in M-Theory and Superstring theory would also exist within the main JoJo story. This is where it now gets nutty

Both D4C:Love Train and Tusk Act 4 are stated to be able to 'transcend dimensions', with Love Train additionally described as a 'multidimensional body' existing within 'a gap in space between dimensions' and Tusk being able to 'move into the boundary between dimensions' are 'move freely within that infinite space'. Wonder of U, or 'Calamity' to be more specific, is stated by Araki to be the 'strongest adversary' one could face and would retroactively scale above the Higher Dimensional monster previously mentioned in Blackstar. Fate is also the highest concept in JoJo, with Araki explaining in an interview that Fate is in fact 'a law written by God himself'. God created the JoJo world and subsquently its cosmology so a law written by God would scale to said cosmology.

Gold Experience Requiem is stated to be the 'Ultimate Stand' that 'exceeds all existing stands in offensive output', posessing stats that cannot be measured by the stand stats (which go up to infinity) nor can be compared to any other stand. Return to Zero is also stated to be the 'ultimate', 'supreme' and 'godlike' ability that 'reduces everything to nothing' and nullifies all other abilities. Return to Zero also explicitly negated fate on panel, with JoJoveller adding that if Giorno's future death was foretold, that outcome would simply never come to pass.

This shows that GER scales above all other stands, abilities and concepts in JoJo, including those that scale to the 10D cosmology.

This then means that GER is High 1-C

This is the pinnacle of JoJo scaling

City level+ tbh

Iris is official Egyptian now so that makes the ethnicities:
Skyla - Latina
Clay - Japanese
Burgh - Italian
Lenora - Bri'ish (Black)
Cilan, Cress, and Chili - Bri'ish (White)
Drayden - German
Iris - Egyptian
Elesa - French
Brycen - Chinese

By the way the second Alder on that sheet is meant to be Drayden and the one below looker is Charon

Alder is apparently Obi-Wan and Shauntal is a freak

Is this from the leak? If so, I would take it with a grain of salt for now.

Awesome, thanks for the explanation!

That does make a good argument, but I do kinda think that it's pulling a power out of nowhere and conflating it with the vague description of GER's powers.

LIke I definitely understand RTZ's ability to resetting the action to zero in the sense where it was like the attack never landed, but I think conflating it with basically shutting off the power entirely is a stretch. The way I see it Diavolo didn't use King Crimson's power of Time Erasure beceause he had no idea what the hell just happened and got his world rocked, and afterwards was looking for a place to catch his breath before trying again. Again, this is only my own interpretation of how the ability works, because Diavolo did still try and attack GER after the time erasure failed so his Stand was still there.

Then he got rocked again by another barrage and fell into the river. So I feel like his inability to use any finer use of his powers was more like he was just trying to figure out what the hell just happened and got sewer shanked before he could.

Also I want to reiterate that I'm not trying to downplay every element of GER here in Joker's favor, it's just that these grand descriptions of what the Stand can do are all so entirely vague with no real showings so I don't want to take it at face value.
I understand that GER powers can be vague, hell the guy showed up for 3 chapters then pissed off never to be seen again. But it's because of that we need to look into all sorts of sources so that we can accurately detail wtf this stand can actually do. I do not believe it's pulling a power out of nowhere, I think that's underselling what the guides tell us, especially since they are written by the author himself. We need them to clear up any confusing details there may be in regards to GER's esoteric powers as they have such little screen time, and they tell us GER can reduce power to zero. They tell us GER negated all of King Crimson's abilities. They tell us this happened in canon. And they go even further than this. They call RTZ 'the ultimate ability that reduces everything to zero', call GER the 'ultimate stand', say its stats cannot be measured or compared with any other stand.

I see this as the author making up for the lack of screen time, since GER appeared at the very end of Part 5, so that he can better explain what the stand can do. And he has explained here that the stand is incredibly powerful and that it can do all these things, even if some of them lack the feats (see resetting will to zero). Just because the showings can be seen as vague doesn't mean we should just throw these statements out.

You might even be right that Diavolo couldn't use his powers because he was confused and disoriented, as the scene is relatively vague. But it is also just as possible that he couldn't use them because the abilities were nullified. It might even be both. But given what we told in the guidebooks, about how nullifying abilities and powers is something the author explicitly tells us GER can do (as well as GER's nature of being very powerful to say the least), the latter explanations have the most reliability.

Wait a sec. I'm assuming that's Giorno's palace and that's Shadow Giorno. If Joker beats him, and Giorno suffers organ shutdown in the real world (been a while since i played P5 so i think that's what happens, correct me if im wrong though), shouldn't the real Giorno be able to recover from that? With either GER just saying 'nah' or GE replacing the organs.

I understand that GER powers can be vague, hell the guy showed up for 3 chapters then pissed off never to be seen again. But it's because of that we need to look into all sorts of sources so that we can accurately detail wtf this stand can actually do. I do not believe it's pulling a power out of nowhere, I think that's underselling what the guides tell us, especially since they are written by the author himself. We need them to clear up any confusing details there may be in regards to GER's esoteric powers as they have such little screen time, and they tell us GER can reduce power to zero. They tell us GER negated all of King Crimson's abilities. They tell us this happened in canon. And they go even further than this. They call RTZ 'the ultimate ability that reduces everything to zero', call GER the 'ultimate stand', say its stats cannot be measured or compared with any other stand.

I see this as the author making up for the lack of screen time, since GER appeared at the very end of Part 5, so that he can better explain what the stand can do. And he has explained here that the stand is incredibly powerful and that it can do all these things, even if some of them lack the feats (see resetting will to zero). Just because the showings can be seen as vague doesn't mean we should just throw these statements out.

You might even be right that Diavolo couldn't use his powers because he was confused and disoriented, as the scene is relatively vague. But it is also just as possible that he couldn't use them because the abilities were nullified. It might even be both. But given what we told in the guidebooks, about how nullifying abilities and powers is something the author explicitly tells us GER can do (as well as GER's nature of being very powerful to say the least), the latter explanations have the most reliability.
Oh yeah, I totally understand! With GER specifically I don't really mind reaching out to the other sources to try and find some more clarifications with the power.

I think where my (personal) reservations with it is how vague even Araki's explanations are for a vs setting. In the world of Jojo I feel like it's very open and shut, no real debate. It's when pulling out into the wider universes of other powers and settings where the vagueness and absolute statements for it doesn't quite gel with me. Of course this is the whole point of vs debating and the like so it's perfectly normal to be like that.

Wait a sec. I'm assuming that's Giorno's palace and that's Shadow Giorno. If Joker beats him, and Giorno suffers organ shutdown in the real world (been a while since i played P5 so i think that's what happens, correct me if im wrong though), shouldn't the real Giorno be able to recover from that? With either GER just saying 'nah' or GE replacing the organs.
I think it’s mental shutdown too, I remember something similar happened to Futaba’s mom and she just threw herself into oncoming traffic. GER maybe could idk

As far as I know, they just die if they are killed in the Metaverse.

I think GER has to be aware that it was an attack or something trying to hurt Giorno to RTZ it. I'd similar to how the end of Part 6 isn't stopped by GER despite him no longer going to exist as himself after its affects.

I think GER has to be aware that it was an attack or something trying to hurt Giorno to RTZ it.
Both Giorno and GER were effected by Time erasure and were thus no longer conscious (or even existing) within it. Yet, RTZ kicked in anyways, GER does not have to be aware for RTZ to take effect.
I'd similar to how the end of Part 6 isn't stopped by GER despite him no longer going to exist as himself after its affects.
We don't even know if GER still exists by the time part 6 comes around since the arrow fell out of GE. The universe reset also effect doesn't living beings, they are simply transported from one universe to the next. Even something as insignificant as an ant is precisely relocated. Only those who are killed by Pucci or the environment going wacky stop existing and get replaced. Giorno was under no threat at all

Both Giorno and GER were effected by Time erasure and were thus no longer conscious (or even existing) within it. Yet, RTZ kicked in anyways, GER does not have to be aware for RTZ to take effect.

We don't even know if GER still exists by the time part 6 comes around since the arrow fell out of GE. The universe reset also effect doesn't living beings, they are simply transported from one universe to the next. Even something as insignificant as an ant is precisely relocated. Only those who are killed by Pucci or the environment going wacky stop existing and get replaced. Giorno was under no threat at all
Much appreciated, DRW. Been a pleasure learning the ins and outs of Giorno from you!

Back