• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

How the hell do you even get 1-C Giorno? I'm genuinely curious.
Allow me to show you the Mythical High 1-C GER scale:

Within the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe: Short Story Collection, there are two notable short stories that speak about the JoJo cosmology, in that it operates based on the 10 or more dimensions supposed by Superstring theory as well M-Theory that encompasses it. These short stories are Blackstar and Censored Equation. Below are some excerpts that show this:

“I don’t care about the $500,000. I want you to tell me what you know. Who the hell is the
Spaghetti Man?”
They stared each other down. Finally, as if he was admitting defeat, Gabriel looked down.
“Do you know about the superstring theory of cosmology?”
“That’s the theory that particles aren’t dots, but more like strings... right?”
“Correct,” Gabriel replied. “When this hypothesis was made, it was concluded that over 10 dimensions would be necessary for superstring theory to be true. The person who’s controlling these Spaghetti Men resides within one of these ten or more dimensions. As we’re limited to the third dimension, our search for this mastermind is incredibly restricted. We’ve been using these beings we call the Spaghetti Men to help us reach that being.”

The information hit him like a brick. Believe it or not, Rohan was willing to admit that he simply didn’t understand this at all. But if there were black holes that looked like humans, the idea of a monster residing in a higher dimension didn’t seem so far-fetched.

After a few moments of hesitation, he said very carefully, “…This equation calculates how to access another dimension.
Another dimension, huh?
I wondered if people who studied mathematics were a bit odd, after all. But Chikamori seemed to be aware that what he’d said could be misinterpreted, because he continued: “You might laugh at me for talking about different dimensions, but nowadays the M-theory, which encompasses the superstring theory, makes it not unlikely for the possibility of other dimensions to exist—
“Stop, stop! Can we just skip the complicated stuff?”
“Oh, I’m sorry. I got too excited. Not even my friends in the department bother to listen to me…”
Chikamori, who had begun to lean forward eagerly, scratched his head in embarrassment. After we smiled at each other,
…Are you able to access this other dimension, then?
“Only if I can solve this equation.”

There is a bit more explanation for both, but that's the main bit. What's interesting though is that Araki himself said within JoJoveller that each of these short stories take place in the same world as the original JoJo story, meaning that the 10 Dimensions described in M-Theory and Superstring theory would also exist within the main JoJo story. This is where it now gets nutty

Both D4C:Love Train and Tusk Act 4 are stated to be able to 'transcend dimensions', with Love Train additionally described as a 'multidimensional body' existing within 'a gap in space between dimensions' and Tusk being able to 'move into the boundary between dimensions' are 'move freely within that infinite space'. Wonder of U, or 'Calamity' to be more specific, is stated by Araki to be the 'strongest adversary' one could face and would retroactively scale above the Higher Dimensional monster previously mentioned in Blackstar. Fate is also the highest concept in JoJo, with Araki explaining in an interview that Fate is in fact 'a law written by God himself'. God created the JoJo world and subsquently its cosmology so a law written by God would scale to said cosmology.

Gold Experience Requiem is stated to be the 'Ultimate Stand' that 'exceeds all existing stands in offensive output', posessing stats that cannot be measured by the stand stats (which go up to infinity) nor can be compared to any other stand. Return to Zero is also stated to be the 'ultimate', 'supreme' and 'godlike' ability that 'reduces everything to nothing' and nullifies all other abilities. Return to Zero also explicitly negated fate on panel, with JoJoveller adding that if Giorno's future death was foretold, that outcome would simply never come to pass.

This shows that GER scales above all other stands, abilities and concepts in JoJo, including those that scale to the 10D cosmology.

This then means that GER is High 1-C

This is the pinnacle of JoJo scaling

Last edited:

Within the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe: Short Story Collection, there are two notable short stories that speak about the JoJo cosmology, in that it operates based on the 10 or more dimensions supposed by Superstring theory as well M-Theory that encompasses it. These short stories are Blackstar and Censored Equation. Below are some excerpts that show this:

“I don’t care about the $500,000. I want you to tell me what you know. Who the hell is the
Spaghetti Man?”
They stared each other down. Finally, as if he was admitting defeat, Gabriel looked down.
“Correct,” Gabriel replied. “When this hypothesis was made, it was concluded that over 10 dimensions would be necessary for superstring theory to be true. The person who’s controlling these Spaghetti Men resides within one of these ten or more dimensions. As we’re limited to the third dimension, our search for this mastermind is incredibly restricted. We’ve been using these beings we call the Spaghetti Men to help us reach that being.”

The information hit him like a brick. Believe it or not, Rohan was willing to admit that he simply didn’t understand this at all. But if there were black holes that looked like humans, the idea of a monster residing in a higher dimension didn’t seem so far-fetched.

After a few moments of hesitation, he said very carefully, “…This equation calculates how to access another dimension.
Another dimension, huh?
I wondered if people who studied mathematics were a bit odd, after all. But Chikamori seemed to be aware that what he’d said could be misinterpreted, because he continued: “You might laugh at me for talking about different dimensions, but nowadays the M-theory, which encompasses the superstring theory, makes it not unlikely for the possibility of other dimensions to exist—
“Oh, I’m sorry. I got too excited. Not even my friends in the department bother to listen to me…”
Chikamori, who had begun to lean forward eagerly, scratched his head in embarrassment. After we smiled at each other,

There is a bit more explanation for both, but that's the main bit. What's interesting though is that Araki himself said within JoJoveller that each of these short stories take place in the same world as the original JoJo story, meaning that the 10 Dimensions described in M-Theory and Superstring theory would also exist within the main JoJo story. This is where it now gets nutty

Both D4C:Love Train and Tusk Act 4 are stated to be able to 'transcend dimensions', with Love Train additionally described as a 'multidimensional body' existing within 'a gap in space between dimensions' and Tusk being able to 'move into the boundary between dimensions' are 'move freely within that infinite space'. Wonder of U, or 'Calamity' to be more specific, is stated by Araki to be the 'strongest adversary' one could face and would retroactively scale above the Higher Dimensional monster previously mentioned in Blackstar. Fate is also the highest concept in JoJo, with Araki explaining in an interview that Fate is in fact 'a law written by God himself'. God created the JoJo world and subsquently its cosmology so a law written by God would scale to said cosmology.

Gold Experience Requiem is stated to be the 'Ultimate Stand' that 'exceeds all existing stands in offensive output', posessing stats that cannot be measured by the stand stats (which go up to infinity) nor can be compared to any other stand. Return to Zero is also stated to be the 'ultimate', 'supreme' and 'godlike' ability that 'reduces everything to nothing' and nullifies all other abilities. Return to Zero also explicitly negated fate on panel, with JoJoveller adding that if Giorno's future death was foretold, that outcome would simply never come to pass.

This shows that GER scales above all other stands, abilities and concepts in JoJo, including those that scale to the 10D cosmology.

Is this wank? Shush. This is the pinnacle of JoJo scaling

This actually makes sense. Since Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe is canon to JoJo it would make so that Stringe Theory is canon to Jojo Cosmology and as such GER up upscale to things such as Tusk Act 4, WoU, and Love Train (All 2-A if taken at face value) if the statements of it being “The Ultimate Stand” are correct.

Spaghetti Man?”

Another dimension, huh?

My god... he's done it. Now this is true powerscaling.

jurassic-park-remove-glasses.gif

Damn,R.I.P. Paul Di'Anno.
Man, this... This fuсking sucks, I don't really have anything else to say. This is genuinely some bad news. Maiden was one of my gateway bands into metal, their music still means alot to me, even if I don't find the band that special as I used to. Dickinson still may be the Maiden vocalist for me but Di'Anno was there before him and the albums he recorded with them still kicked ass. Rest in peace, legend, we won't forget you.

Man, this... This fuсking sucks, I don't really have anything else to say. This is genuinely some bad news. Maiden was one of my gateway bands into metal, their music still means alot to me, even if I don't find the band that special as I used to. Dickinson still may be the Maiden vocalist for me but Di'Anno was there before him and the albums he recorded with them still kicked ass. Rest in peace, legend, we won't forget you.
I'm a Trad or die kinda guy, so Paul was always in the upper echelon for me,a cornerstone of NWOBHM & by proxy every other sub-genre that spawned from it.

Godspeed,good sir.

Poor Spaniards, they have to think of some sort of euphemism for the color black when posting here.
The most oppressed minority after gamers...
Mario doesn't cares for black holes 🥱🥱🥱:

That's what I'm saying. Hold on, let me translate the meme.
Sonic fainting due to falling in a black hole:

Mario and Bowser having their final fight in a black hole:

In short, Sonic's the fastest fraud alive. 🥱🥱

Spaghetti Man?”

Another dimension, huh?

This, this is art. The explanation is so well done that it's almost believable.

(What would be really funny is if the Death Battle team actually goes with this interpretation, but only to make it seem more fair since they scale Joker to equivalent of our 1-A anyway).

(which I feel doesn't even try most of the time)?
You feel that because it doesn't, Mario barely has lore on it's main games lol, do you expect the people who work on them to think that, even though Mario is a Tier 3 character, he needs more than one attack to destroy a castle? (Of course a very huge castle, but still a castle)

It's even intentional since the characters are supposed to be actors.
Only in SMB3, otherwise the only proof of them being actors is a misinterpreted WOG statement

You feel that because it doesn't, Mario barely has lore on it's main games lol, do you expect the people who work on them to think that, even though Mario is a Tier 3 character, he needs more than one attack to destroy a castle? (Of course a very huge castle, but still a castle)

Only in SMB3, otherwise the only proof of them being actors is a misinterpreted WOG statement
I know they aren't literal actors, it's just that the statement proves Mario doesn't have a consistent canon.

“Who is more inconsistent, Mario or Sonic”

Both, the answer is both. Fans of one will always say it’s the other, but they’re both insanely inconsistent. I’m rewatching the game grumps series on sonic 06 and half the time I keep sarcastically thinking “well that wall the boss hurt himself running into must be universal too”. If you want to use gameplay only both would get insanely downgraded.

Sonic profile pics may disagree but when a normal orca poses a huge threat to Sonic it makes it hard to go “yeah that’s consistent, must be a multiversal infinite speed orca”

Back