• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I'm gonna be honest I have no idea what this means. Like, why can't you have your own cake and eat it. Don't you already need to make or buy it to eat?
to have you're cake and eat it too. mean's you both eat the cake and still have it in existance. it's a paradox. you can't eat a cake yet still have it in existance.
it's a poorly phrased saying though.

I say vs debating is heavily subjective and I straight up disagree with Bardock vs Omni man, and think Bardock should have won.

Vs should really not be taken as seriously as some people take it. And I have no issues with people disagreeing or calling research sus... as long as they are respectful about it.

this is fiction, what people take into account varies, other sites and spaces have different rules. and how someone debates or interprete things is very wide.

sure some feats have less subjectivity then other's but other's are very subjective.
not to say some subjectivity can't be wrong, I think there's enough debunks of the sun disk numbers alone that prove that's hella sus. But still.
You're absolutely right, there is a large part of VS debating that's subjective. It comes with the territory, and there's nothing wrong with (some would even argue that it's part of the fun). The issue is more when people take that logic a step too far, as people in niche communities like this are known to do.

I didn't mean that joke as any sort of callout to you (or anyone who uses 'it's subjective' reasonably), I apologize if it came across that way.

you can't eat a cake yet still have it in existance.
"Unless you bake two cakes."
MV5BNDBkMzVmNGQtYTM2OC00OWRjLTk5OWMtNzNkMDI4NjFjNTZmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXZ3ZXNsZXk@._V1_QL75_UX500_CR0,0,500,281_.jpg

How would y’all feel if they put Giorno at 1-C and put Joker at outer? The most wank both could get
I'd just be curious how they could have possibly gotten Giorno there.

Don't get it twisted, I like him, but he ain't that guy.

Where would that scaling even come from? It sounds like some typical Jorge Joestar-type shenanigans, but I can't verify that because I'm a fake JoJo fan and haven't read it ('it' referring to Jorge Joestar specifically).

I say vs debating is heavily subjective and I straight up disagree with Bardock vs Omni man, and think Bardock should have won.

Vs should really not be taken as seriously as some people take it. And I have no issues with people disagreeing or calling research sus... as long as they are respectful about it.

this is fiction, what people take into account varies, other sites and spaces have different rules. and how someone debates or interprete things is very wide.

sure some feats have less subjectivity then other's but other's are very subjective.
not to say some subjectivity can't be wrong, I think there's enough debunks of the sun disk numbers alone that prove that's hella sus. But still.
VS Debating is both objective and subjective. There's objective elements, and subjective elements that counter balance each other in a nuanced way. At least that's my experience and how I see it. It's not fully either.

Yeah apparently Culex was translated way differently so thats sus. Black Jewel is hax that shouldnt scale to AP because my god Mario does not have direct Uni feats/scaling look at the feats in the games.
Shoutout to characters that can explicitly destroy universes and don't have to rely on dream bs or mistranslated boasting

lzVnfUf.png

obyTAQF.jpeg

EZ11kOh.png

like the Special stages in the 3DS version,
Ian Flynn has said that the 3DS version is not canon as far as I recalls
And I don't know if it helps that we know that Biolizard (a boss from Generations 3DS) will be a boss in Shadow
but I'm not in the mood to discuss canonicality (with so many spoilers floating around I can't even get close to the Sonic thread. Besides, I think the evidence ends there and the mention included lost world 3ds so it's probably not enough.)

Back