• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

“Who is more inconsistent, Mario or Sonic”

Both, the answer is both. Fans of one will always say it’s the other, but they’re both insanely inconsistent. I’m rewatching the game grumps series on sonic 06 and half the time I keep sarcastically thinking “well that wall the boss hurt himself running into must be universal too”. If you want to use gameplay only both would get insanely downgraded.

Sonic profile pics may disagree but when a normal orca poses a huge threat to Sonic it makes it hard to go “yeah that’s consistent, must be a multiversal infinite speed orca”
You're spitting facts but I'm gonna give you your epic expected outcome and say it's Mario anyways, he leans more into that silly cartoon man style where its done intentionally while Sonic most of the time tries to do serialized narratives that are consistent; I feel like inherently Mario would be more inconsistent since he's a Mickey Mouse compared to Sonic being a Goku for instance

Both, the answer is both. Fans of one will always say it’s the other, but they’re both insanely inconsistent. I’m rewatching the game grumps series on sonic 06 and half the time I keep sarcastically thinking “well that wall the boss hurt himself running into must be universal too”. If you want to use gameplay only both would get insanely downgraded.

Sonic profile pics may disagree but when a normal orca poses a huge threat to Sonic it makes it hard to go “yeah that’s consistent, must be a multiversal infinite speed orca”
Sonic is inconsistent, don't get me wrong. I only said Mario because that series is PURPOSELY inconsistent, while with Sonic at least the writers THINK they're consistent (they aren't).

[Breathes in]

PHYSICALITY
DISTINCTION
WHEN?!

Which franchise do y'all reckon does a worse job with power level consistency, Sonic, or Mario (which I feel doesn't even try most of the time)?
I mean surely DC & Marvel are kings of that? They have their own page for inconsistencies here lol

Sonic is inconsistent, don't get me wrong. I only said Mario because that series is PURPOSELY inconsistent, while with Sonic at least the writers THINK they're consistent (they aren't).
It's good when we can acknowledge writers thinking they're consistent, even though they aren't deep down. Since they don't always care about or consider micro details of "consistency" and do what they think is cool.

Jojo Knowers, I've got yet another question for you (Sorry for constantly asking as well)

I've been seeing some people saying that GER after negating an attack or ability makes it so the same thing can't be used again, but does anyone know where that is coming from? On the profile here is just says he has power negation from the one Jojo book entry that said he 'nullified King Crimson's abilities' but I haven't seen anything that says 'the same attack can't be used again'

Is this from how Diavolo didn't try to King Crimson Time Erase again after the first barrage? Or was it stated in another data book somewhere.

Jojo Knowers, I've got yet another question for you (Sorry for constantly asking as well)

I've been seeing some people saying that GER after negating an attack or ability makes it so the same thing can't be used again, but does anyone know where that is coming from? On the profile here is just says he has power negation from the one Jojo book entry that said he 'nullified King Crimson's abilities' but I haven't seen anything that says 'the same attack can't be used again'

Is this from how Diavolo didn't try to King Crimson Time Erase again after the first barrage? Or was it stated in another data book somewhere.
I don't remember that being a thing. Maybe Chariot knows (they are the JoJo guy after all).

From anime i remember GER was doing a barrage in time erase, so idk where that even comes from at all

From anime i remember GER was doing a barrage in time erase, so idk where that even comes from at all
I see. Thanks for the input as well, I've seen it brought up in the DB reddit (and I could have sworn that I saw it brought up here in this thread, but I can't ready through everything to try and check up at the moment) so it's interesting to see that it's not something that seems totally agreed on.

I think the main argument I saw was Joker use healing spells to offset Giorno potentially de-aging him, GER then using RTZ to stop that, and somehow meaning Joker can't his healing spells to stop the aging anymore. But I hadn't really seen anything in his profile here that said that was a power he had, so I wanted to double check.

Back