• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I don't really know if this is a false memory or not, but I vividly remember a Bowser vs Eggman blog being posted in the last thread. Can anyone show if that did happen, and if so repost it? (I remember being surprised Eggman won but I could've just made that up in my mind).
There’s also a really well made one (though it’s missing Eggman’s Hammerspace Manip, which is a very integral factor to the matchup) here.

I don't really know if this is a false memory or not, but I vividly remember a Bowser vs Eggman blog being posted in the last thread. Can anyone show if that did happen, and if so repost it? (I remember being surprised Eggman won but I could've just made that up in my mind).
it did happen but it got deleted
theres this one

How Bowser fights (According to Mario scalers) / How Bowser fights In-Canon (Bro barely uses his hax):

05eaef7e2053d7b71c21ad19758f503852d0866a_00.gif
punch-beat-up.gif

How Bowser fights (According to Mario scalers) / How Bowser fights In-Canon (Bro barely uses his hax):

punch-beat-up.gif
And he's all the more based for it, no time for wizard shit when you can just box

That's sums up 95% of characters in fiction
Honestly yeah, it's so funny seeing how many people will say "Oh this mage will instantly pull out and spam their instant conceptual existence erasure" when they spend most of their fights shooting fireballs and used that erasure once off screen or something.

And he's all the more based for it, no time for wizard shit when you can just box

Honestly yeah, it's so funny seeing how many people will say "Oh this mage will instantly pull out and spam their instant conceptual existence erasure" when they spend most of their fights shooting fireballs and used that erasure once off screen or something.
It's what makes vs threads on this site such a chore so frequently, tbh. It just comes down to whether one or the other individual uses something to win right away or gets one-shotted by the opponent's wincon.

I say it funny how DB fans will bitch about how X and Y characters mainly fight like bricks when the show they came from will have them fight like bricks

(though it’s missing Eggman’s Hammerspace Manip, which is a very integral factor to the matchup)
To be fair that was only found recently since nobody plays Shuffle, and I don't think Death Battle even knew about it when making the match. Since they and most blogs just copy the research from here.

I wouldn't consider her a side-character but I def agree that see doesn't have enough of a full DB.
Hmmm true she is a major one if you instead consider the main group as Undertale's big characters, Toriel, Sans, Papyrus etc. but she is still not the the major one.

punch-beat-up.gif
Eggman definitively uses his deadlier haxes more in character than Bowser, and has better reasons when he doesn't use them like the machines being destroyed unlike Bowser who just... doesn't use them. Pretty sure that's going to be ignored in the Death Battle.

And even then that's still better than the combo of UES wank and power-scaling hax where you can get P&A that a character has NEVER canonically used but it's still a "win-con" right?
I say it funny how DB fans will bitch about how X and Y characters mainly fight like bricks when the show they came from will have them fight like bricks
At least more recent episodes with more "varied" characters like Billcord and DocRick did a good job at showing off a characters P&A while showing off good characterization, tho actual brick characters well are well bricks for a reason.

Ironically, DB tries to avoid that in the analysis with their "who would win the most scenarios" approach.

Eggman definitively uses his deadlier haxes more in character than Bowser, and has better reasons when he doesn't use them like the machines being destroyed unlike Bowser who just... doesn't use them. Pretty sure that's going to be ignored in the Death Battle.
This is actually the primary reason I think Eggman wins. MOST of their hax cancels out, but both have minor advantages that can pretty cleanly win them the battle.

Which leads to the question of: Who can gather more information, who is smarter, and who is quicker. All of which are Eggman advantages. Even if both are at immeasurable, Eggman scales higher into it, and at finite speeds Eggman has clear advantage. Eggman’s machinery and Eggnet has constant passive scanning, which is already great compared to Tippi (who as far as I know honestly isn’t all that great), but with Sage (who can trap the Koopa Kingdom army and directly siphon their memories) he has vastly more information to use. Further, Sage can run millions of simulations in seconds and create perfect winning game plans. She literally can “Doctor Strange” it.

Not to mention that the Phantom Ruby can’t be analyzed, so Eggman had clear advantage there. Eggman, being the smarter and more evil of the two, can pretty quickly and efficiently strategize around his newly acquired information to press his minor advantages. He’s also out of the two to stop playing around far more quickly, and has even voiced he specifically holds back in confrontations with Sonic SPECIFICALLY (and no one else) to beat him “the right way” and “to prove a point.” Things the Doctor will not have to deal with against Bowser.

Combine that with an army that counters the technological (Zavok’s Technopathy) as well as the organic (Metal Virus) and Eggman has a solid battle lead, leaving only the Supernatural (like Boos) to deal with and whatever Kamek or Bowser spawn in (which can easily be dealt with by whatever Eggman spawns in via Phantom Ruby.)

This is actually the primary reason I think Eggman wins. MOST of their hax cancels out, but both have minor advantages that can pretty cleanly win them the battle.

Which leads to the question of: Who can gather more information, who is smarter, and who is quicker. All of which are Eggman advantages. Even if both are at immeasurable, Eggman scales higher into it, and at finite speeds Eggman has clear advantage. Eggman’s machinery and Eggnet has constant passive scanning, which is already great compared to Tippi (who as far as I know honestly isn’t all that great), but with Sage (who can trap the Koopa Kingdom army and directly siphon their memories) he has vastly more information to use. Further, Sage can run millions of simulations in seconds and create perfect winning game plans. She literally can “Doctor Strange” it.

Not to mention that the Phantom Ruby can’t be analyzed, so Eggman had clear advantage there. Eggman, being the smarter and more evil of the two, can pretty quickly and efficiently strategize around his newly acquired information to press his minor advantages. He’s also out of the two to stop playing around far more quickly, and has even voiced he specifically holds back in confrontations with Sonic SPECIFICALLY (and no one else) to beat him “the right way” and “to prove a point.” Things the Doctor will not have to deal with against Bowser.

Combine that with an army that counters the technological (Zavok’s Technopathy) as well as the organic (Metal Virus) and Eggman has a solid battle lead, leaving only the Supernatural (like Boos) to deal with and whatever Kamek or Bowser spawn in (which can easily be dealt with by whatever Eggman spawns in via Phantom Ruby.)
I do think Eggman wins too, but I feel Death Battle wins for the same reasons as the blogs say. Which is frustrating, because those blogs research on Eggman is just the one on this wikia but with things removed or dismissed by petty reasons (Like 6D or immeasurable being dismissed because the evidence is mostly in game guides which is... just not true. I was one of the main advocators of immeasurable, the game guides like the encyclopedia just helped SOLIDIFY it). At least I hope Death Battle looked into things on their own, because I really don't want our hard-earned research being used word for word but part of it is ignored, while they miss on feats because we also missed on it (since scaling is always improving and there's always new things to find).

Last edited:
I wonder what DB"s scaling will be like without RT.
Nothing different from before
I do think Eggman wins too, but I feel Death Battle wins for the same reasons as the blogs say. Which is frustrating, because those blogs research on Eggman is just the one on this wikia but with things removed or dismissed by petty reasons (Like 6D or immeasurable being dismissed because the evidence is mostly in game guides which is... just not true. I was one of the main advocators of immeasurable, the game guides like the encyclopedia just helped SOLIDIFY it). At least I hope Death Battle looked into things on their own, because I really don't want our hard-earned research being used word for word but part of it is ignored, while they miss on feats because we also missed on it (since scaling is always improving and there's always new things to find).
For the DB I don't see the crew buying 6D Sonic or whatever I expect both being at Uni-Multi ranges mainly

Really speaking if they try to go DT route there's no scenario where Mario cosmology is superior to sonic in any manner

Yo you guys hear about Infamous and Prototype? They were gonna have a crossover game but it was cancelled to make concord

For the DB I don't see the crew buying 6D Sonic or whatever I expect both being at Uni-Multi ranges mainly
I was talking about the blogs posted in the thread. I do agree that they won't use higher dimensional tiering or anything. My main point is that I don't want Eggman's research to just be what's on these pages minus whatever they disagree. That's the part I dislike, most of their research just being VSBW minus various factors. I actually want them (Death Battle team) to actually go beyond because they actually get paid for this. I want stuff we missed like Eggman's inventory stealing from Shuffle included rather than ignored because VSBW didn't research it before, for example.

I was talking about the blogs posted in the thread. I do agree that they won't use higher dimensional tiering or anything. My main point is that I don't want Eggman's research to just be what's on these pages minus whatever they disagree. That's the part I dislike, most of their research just being VSBW minus various factors. I actually want them (Death Battle team) to actually go beyond because they actually get paid for this. I want stuff we missed like Eggman's inventory stealing from Shuffle included rather than ignored because VSBW didn't research it before, for example.
Who maybe they did or be addressed in a QnA
If they do one they been on hiatus ever since RT close down so they could have time to evaluate everything for both

Eeeeerm, but this one Bowser hax from something 20 years ago he's never shown more than once even though it would end the story in 2 milliseconds and kill Mario 50 morbillion times over

I... don't really get what you're saying. I am not saying they didn't? I am just saying I hope they did research beyond what just in this wikia unlike the two blogs posted here.
I'm just saying they may had the chance to look thru everything like ya said to be sure on the the outcome like you mentioned.
Never said ya think they won't or whatever , just saying they could went thru everything again with the time they had.
Just for clarification and such to understand

Back