• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Another advantage(that doesn’t matter) and possible dynamic problem is, I think Jokers a more capable fighter on his own than Giorno. Even though stand users do fight by themselves, I don’t think Giorno is that good of a fighter on his own
Nah, I think Giorno is quite underrated when it comes to being a fighter. He completely mixed up Black Sabbath in CQC on that staircase. Gold Experience is also a close-range combat stand, where similar close-range stands such as Killer Queen are explicitly noted as having martial arts skills.

Giorno's Battle IQ is also completely absurd. Like when he tore off his arm whilst he was effected by Sticky Fingers so that he would be a step quicker than Bruno. Or when he turned mista's bullet into a stag beetle then exhausted its life span so it would rupture Chocolatta's brain when he had the advantage against Giorno (He also fought Chocolatta whilst suffering from severe injuries). Or just the entire fight against Baby Face.

He's definitely a better fighter than people tend to give him credit for

Nah, I think Giorno is quite underrated when it comes to being a fighter. He completely mixed up Black Sabbath in CQC on that staircase. Gold Experience is also a close-range combat stand, where similar close-range stands such as Killer Queen are explicitly noted as having martial arts skills.

Giorno's Battle IQ is also completely absurd. Like when he tore off his arm whilst he was effected by Sticky Fingers so that he would be a step quicker than Bruno. Or when he turned mista's bullet into a stag beetle then exhausted its life span so it would rupture Chocolatta's brain when he had the advantage against Giorno. Or just the entire fight against Baby Face.

He's definitely a better fighter than people tend to give him credit for
Fair enough, it’s just not as apparent as other Jojos

Yeah obviously in terms of raw power and experience Giorno doesn't come close to say Jotaro for example.

But in terms of Battle IQ, endurance and resilience, I'll argue Giorno is one of the best. The dude will tear off his own limbs to gain an advantage if he has to
That’s one advantage I would also wanna say in Giorno’s favor, bros got crazy pain tolerance

Persona 3 is reminiscent of Stardust Crusaders, Persona 4 is reminiscent of Diamond is Unbreakable, and Persona 5 is reminiscent of Golden Wind so it should stand to reason that Persona 6 should riff on Stone Ocean by involving a prison escape from a gay priest, and end with the universe resetting.

This may be a joke, but it really is not. Like, they're very different, barely any connections if any at all.
The only connection I can think of off hand is that they fight Tarot Card-themed enemies (I know all enemies have an arcana, but I'm specifically referring to the Full Moon bosses), but even that's pretty tenuous.

Tbh, I do think Persona and Jojo would be a cool crossover
I actually read a fanfic about that, once. It was about the baby from Part 4 joining the Phantom Thieves. It went all the way through to the end, too. Unfortunately the JoJo characters didn't really do much of anything, and towards the end the story kinda just boiled down to the author using it as vessel to change things they didn't like about Persona 5's plot.

Credit where it's due though, over 600k words is an accomplishment.

I think what's even lamer about Joker vs Giorno is the fact that you can't even do the same with the other protagonists. Yuya vs Jonathan? Hieroglypherin. Tatsuya vs Joseph? Nova Kaiser. Maya gets jack shit unless you want her to screw up the order and have her fight Jolyne, in which case, Crescent Mirror. Makoto vs Jotaro? Time stop is resisted, Armageddon away. Narukami vs Josuke? Myriad Truths.

And all of that is way, way beyond overkill because they can beat them all with their early game starter personas. Make it make sense!!!!!

Back