• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

joker_vs_giorno_by_d2thag23_dibv6f0-pre.jpg
dic32lw-f3c809d2-1416-4f9f-bb5b-40b500e08b58.png

Nem making it out like the sun disk was a low ball because of the lagrange point used, and utterly ignoring the horrific math present beyond that which vastly inflates the calc itself, whilst also ignoring that the King Vegeta feat was downplayed is about what I expected, as far as him addressing how this went.
Did he say he agreed with the calc and episode?

Also a new counter to the invincible viltrum anti feat just dropped.
Opposite actually

Infinity Ray one-shots Viltrumites.

Meaning that the Viltrum core > Infinity Ray > Omniman. Even if you do the mental gymnastics to get star level planet core, Omniman specifically doesn't scale. And would have died if not for help.

Never seen so much hoops people are jumping through to try and give Omniman a win.

Opposite actually

Meaning that the Viltrum core > Infinity Ray > Omniman. Even if you do the mental gymnastics to get star level planet core, Omniman specifically doesn't scale. And would have died if not for help.

Never seen so much hoops people are jumping through to try and give Omniman a win.
And base bardock still has a star level feat in king vegeta's hand wave

Opposite actually

And they’re only jumping through those hoops because they need to justify death battle’s verdicts.

They’re trying to do the work for the crew FOR FREE

Idk why folks going thru hoops trying to make the planet seem like some super planet when it's only 1.25x earths gravity ***** need to explicitly destabilize the planets core and if I'm hearing it well well the core was already ****** up before so it's not as impressive as folks tried to make it

On another note: I've just finished binging all of ATLA, and I'm currently watching Korra now.
And I may have come up with another silly MU that works for reasons that it shouldn't:

fzLwaph.png

Tenzin (The Legend of Korra) vs Dia Kurosawa (Love Live continuity / Granblue powerset)

Both are forms of 'tutors' to the main character, whilst opposing either certain methods of learning/teaching, or taking umbrage with the fundamental concept(s) of their stories altogether (Tenzin trying to teach Korra airbending, and being disapproving of 'bending sports' for traditionalist reasons, before outing himself as being knowledgeable of the rulesets of said sport, and Dia shooting down any Idol-based activities in her School as head of the Student Council, before it came to light that Uranohoshi's 3rd years were previously part of an Idol group themselves, to wit Dia had some of the most knowledge on Muse, much to her dismay). Tenzin is also part of the Republic City council, in the same way Dia is (or was) president of the SC.

Unrelated note: I'm at the end of Book 3, and I'm thinking of just making this a rap battle lmao

In the midst of all this (deserved) DB critique, I just wanted to take a second to shoutout my favorite episode that I don't think gets talked about enough when discussing the series' high points: Cole vs Alex is an absolute banger. Can't speak for the research, but everything else about it is top tier.

Sorry, kinda off topic.
Research is ok for modern VS standards.

Character intro analysis were.... weeeell you can ignore them since fight was good.

Opposite actually

No actually the point I saw is the core > above star level meaning that the infinity ray weakened it allowing for them to destroy viltrum

So the point is that viltrum’s core is far above the sun disk itself via > infinity ray which in turn > a viltrumite

Which makes it so that them timing it wrong would kill them on impact make a lot more sense if you think the core itself scales far above the sun disk (if you think that scales in the star ranges or smthn)

Do I buy it? Meh. Best reasoning I’ve seen yet though

Imagine if there was a thread about doing rap battles with fictional characters

You seem to be implying that there is (I'll make one fresh if there isn't)

Oh, and quick favour: is anyone here a member of Freshy Kanal's Discord server? The front link to his server seems to be bust, and idk if he's noticed. Could someone grab a fresh link for me please? Thanks in adv.

Back