• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Yeah, I guess it has something to do with the big hitters of the mecha genre going against eachother, and maybe the Wing guy has connections to Shinji.
That makes sense.
Only problem is if DB would include impact stuff. Like, that's an Evangelion at their peak I believe, and there's some funky stuff with the additional impact wherever that scales, but it includes a lot of ifs to get to that point.
DEATH BATTLE would absolutely include the Impacts and stuff from the Rebuild movies.

So, Joker vs Giorno. As someone who knows next to nothing about either, can someone explain to me why Joker definitely wins, and why Giorno is also claimed to definitely be able to win, despite Joker definitely winning?

So, Joker vs Giorno. As someone who knows next to nothing about either, can someone explain to me why Joker definitely wins, and why Giorno is also claimed to definitely be able to win, despite Joker definitely winning?
Depends on whether you buy Joker being acausal and immune to Giornos hax. Cause of shit with Maruki and all that. Basically even if Joker is Uni+ and Giorno is building, Giorno has the ability to undo action automatically to protect himself ontop of nullifying powers and manipulating your willpower(which jokers powers are kinda powered by), so if Jokers not immune he kinda just eats shit.

Okay, so, I know that JoJo is basically the house that hax and FTL street-tier characters built, and I know that Persona has some sort of crazy cosmology, and has to do with fighting in dreams or mindscapes or something, but beyond that I'm a bit lost.

I'm not as familiar with Persona (or Megami Tensei in general), but from what I know based on what Joker's profile says, he outstats Giorno in every possible way and resists literally all of Giorno's abilities.

As for why people say Giorno can win, it's because of one power-up he got: Golden Wind Requiem (better known as Golden Experience Requiem or GER for short). Basically, it's ability is to reset the actions of an opponent back to zero; it's casaulity manipulation, essentially. The thing is, the way it's presented in JoJo is very vague, and the way the ability is described is very open to interpretation. That can lead to people overestimating what it can do.

Okay, so, I know that JoJo is basically the house that hax and FTL street-tier characters built, and I know that Persona has some sort of crazy cosmology, and has to do with fighting in dreams or mindscapes or something, but beyond that I'm a bit lost.
Basically, if Joker doesn’t pull through, Joker will be turned into a normal dude in cosplay and a Glock. If he does, he shoots Giorno with a super Glock
I'm not as familiar with Persona (or Megami Tensei in general), but from what I know based on what Joker's profile says, he outstats Giorno in every possible way and resists literally all of Giorno's abilities.

As for why people say Giorno can win, it's because of one power-up he got: Golden Wind Requiem (better known as Golden Experience Requiem or GER for short). Basically, it's ability is to reset the actions of an opponent back to zero; it's casaulity manipulation, essentially. The thing is, the way it's presented in JoJo is very vague, and the way the ability is described is very open to interpretation. That can lead to people overestimating what it can do.
a lot of the stuff comes from SMT tho, which some(especially the Death Battle team) don’t buy, so it’s literally just the Maruki stuff and whatever happens in that one beat em up spin off

Basically, if Joker doesn’t pull through, Joker will be turned into a normal dude in cosplay and a Glock. If he does, he shoots Giorno with a super Glock
That is probably the funniest, yet accurate way to describe it.
a lot of the stuff comes from SMT tho, which some(especially the Death Battle team) don’t buy,
Wait, really? I thought they agreed with applying Megami Tensei scaling and lore to Persona?
so it’s literally just the Maruki stuff and whatever happens in that one beat em up spin off
There's also Persona Q2, I guess.

Joker takes nearly every single category in this MU. But here's the thing, Giorno has GER which can neat him the win if Joker doesn't resist....buuuut if the former does resist, then it's a stomp.

Alright, I ain’t even religious, like I’m a gay dude, but why you dissing Christians? Not cool
I'm not dissing Christians (if you're referring to me). I'm complimenting them cause I'm a Christian myself. I just don't use chud as an insult anymore because right wingers owned chud as a term, twisting it from an insult to a compliment.

or hate organized religion, seriously SMT has straight up r/atheism type of fedora-tipping at times for Abrahamic faiths in their narratives but that’s par for the course when it comes to Sino-Japanese media
There'e definitely some weird stuff there from I've seen, but eh, if the game's good I don't mind (I guess it helps that I'm not a follower of the Abrahamic religions, nor am I very religious anyway).

To be fair, we dropped on atom bomb on the biggest center of Japanese Christianity, so, that might have something to do with it.
There's something to that, but Japan has had an antagonistic relationship with Christianity at various times (just look up the persecution Christians faced under Toyotomi Hideyoshi and then under the Tokugawa Shogunate, starting with Tokugawa Ieyasu).

Back