• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Honestly feels like they are just annoyed that DBZ fans are complaining so they just make fun of them due to that.

Ofc pot calls the kettle, so Nemesis has no rights to complain about Apocalypse beating Adam or FriezaMegatron existing lol

Its always easy to laugh at others when the MU that gets shit research is not the one you care about.

I feel like a lot of Death Battle fans take everything they say to be the only true answer/interpretation, and that any argument against the show's verdict is cope lol
Another case of people believing the largest/loudest community is the most correct, lowest common denominator indeed (applies to way too many facets both in and out of debating).

Honestly feels like they are just annoyed that DBZ fans are complaining so they just make fun of them due to that.

Ofc pot calls the kettle, so Nemesis has no rights to complain about Apocalypse beating Adam or FriezaMegatron existing lol

Its always easy to laugh at others when the MU that gets shit research is not the one you care about.
I’m not even a Dragonball fan and I think it’s horseshit

If y'all had a Stand that reflected your personality, what would its abilities be?
Stand Name: Snowdome
Ability: Dimensional Constructs
Desc: User can turn dimensional energy/power into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence. Users who have mastered this ability can use it for almost any situation, creating anything they need.
Condition: Twitching your Eye
Limit: Construct structural strength may be limited by the users will.
Range: 26m

Power: B
Speed: D
Range: C
Durability: E
Precision: A
Potential: E

Another case of people believing the largest/loudest community is the most correct, lowest common denominator indeed (applies to way too many facets both in and out of debating).
Maybe a lot of the core community losing interest in debates/who wins matchups had more negative effects than I and others anticipated.

Does Eva Unit 1 work with Shin Ultraman? Cause I know Hideki Anno worked on both?
Evangelion is HEAVILY inspired by Ultraman. It’s where the crosses come from. Tsuburaya was a catholic and put Christian symbolism in the showa Ultraman series’, including multiple ultras getting crucified. Anno is a huge Ultraman fan so he used that imagery but admittedly without the actual religious meaning.

I’m not even a Dragonball fan and I think it’s horseshit

Gonna probably die repeating myself, but...

Easiest slam dunk in history. All the calcs were already done, all the arguments already debated, basically everything was perfectly aligned for an accurate Death Battle that would be their triumphant return and get a lot of good will.

And they fumbled.

H O W

Evangelion is HEAVILY inspired by Ultraman. It’s where the crosses come from. Tsuburaya was a catholic and put Christian symbolism in the showa Ultraman series’, including multiple ultras getting crucified. Anno is a huge Ultraman fan so he used that imagery but admittedly without the actual religious meaning.
Someone just gave me more reason to become an Ultrachad.

It’s why the spacium ray has Ultraman make a cross shape with his hands.

But yeah, when you get down to it an Eva is basically a lobotomized ultra with a suit of metal.

Also Ultraman would kick an Eva’s ass.
So my friend was right that Eva vs Ultraman makes sense. Ultraman is the real media Christian Chuds should be consuming at this point.

So my friend was right that Eva vs Ultraman makes sense. Ultraman is the real media Christian Chuds should be consuming at this point.
I’m still shocked Evangelion has never been used in the show. I’d love to see shinji or asuka or whomever react to the fact that whatever they’re fighting is not an angel nor does it have an AT field.

Yeah I remember hearing that, but didn’t Anno work on an Ultraman project himself? I was just wondering for this specific MU I mentioned

Regardless of how the fight turns out, I think Joker vs Giorno (and any other Persona vs JoJo concepts) is a legitimately terrible idea for a match up because there is absolutely zero synergy between eithers' kits and fighting styles, and the connections between Stands and Personas were always nominal at best. I don't doubt the capabilities of the animators to make the fight look decent, but trying to choreograph and storyboard the thing is going to be an uphill battle the entire time.

Regardless of how the fight turns out, I think Joker vs Giorno (and any other Persona vs JoJo concepts) is a legitimately terrible idea for a match up because there is absolutely zero synergy between eithers' kits and fighting styles, and the connections between Stands and Personas were always nominal at best. I don't doubt the capabilities of the animators to make the fight look decent, but trying to chereograph and storyboard the thing is going to be an uphill battle the entire time.
POV you’ve never experienced any bit of any of either series

Evangelion is one of those series I've seen people recommend a lot and act very pretentious about it. Is it actually good? Giant robots might be cool, I was a transformers fan as a kid.
It’s good, just not as good as people make it out to be. The themes are psychological with the religious stuff being set dressing. I’d personally give it an 8/10, really good but not the end all be all anime some say it is.

I’ll say that I disagree HEAVILY with Josh and that the rebuilds are shit and make Evangelion into a incredibly cliche anime.

They’re not robots

Genuinely curious what type of chemistry you think Joker and Giorno's abilities would actually share in a fight because I cannot, for the life of me, think of any unique interactions between Golden Experience and any one of Joker's Personas.
I think there are a few they could try:
  • Questioning each other's stand/persona
  • Joker using Arahabaki (or any other persona that reflects phys) and Giorno using his animals to reflect damage on each other
  • Comment on how they each of them heals from damage, with Joker using media spells and Giorno creating and replacing body parts
And if you really want to stretch it, maybe show how Giorno using Gold Experience to accelerate Joker's senses can perhaps effect his cognition in a way? Gold Experience's age manip could maybe inflict enervation on Joker as well???

The guy who did the SB calc for the sundisk posted a google doc going over it in more detail. Definitely worth a read.

There verdict here is definitely flimsy to say the least, an whilst we know they ain't oblidged it would still be nice if they could at the least provide a QnA blog of the episode that'd least give us an insightful understanding as to how they came to that conclusion (not like it'd automatically change everyone's minds).

Even with a matchup like Dio vs Alucard, the QnA blog for that was very insightful and gave a more deeper explaination.

Back