• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

There verdict here is definitely flimsy to say the least, an whilst we know they ain't oblidged it would still be nice if they could at the least provide a QnA blog of the episode that'd least give us an insightful understanding as to how they came to that conclusion (not like it'd automatically change everyone's minds).

Even with a matchup like Dio vs Alucard, the QnA blog for that was very insightful and gave a more deeper explaination.
I miss Q/A's. They gave much more insightful looks into matchups, but it was mainly Vader vs Obito's wait period that killed the teams interest in that.

I’m still shocked Evangelion has never been used in the show. I’d love to see shinji or asuka or whomever react to the fact that whatever they’re fighting is not an angel nor does it have an AT field.
I am surprised too. I know it will happen at some point, but it's surprising they haven't been on the show yet (especially since the Rebuild movies have finished).

What's the most popular Evangelion match up? Shinji & EVA-001 vs Godzilla?

That and Bill vs Discord were the main reasons they stopped doing them, from what I remember.
I still think it's silly as **** that we'll never get their reasoning on that episode just because a few people took it too far.

I think it's even sillier that the DB crew hasn't made videos taking deeper dives into the scaling for added revenue and content besides just the battles. I know that the QandAs were always made by Ultra and some others outside their contracted research, but, like... Why not just actually put some of your reasoning that didn't make it into episodes out there in the first place? At least for members only if you're really worried about backlash? Seems like the easiest thing ever to add, but I guess the researchers have a track record of not taking criticism well 😭

Reminds me of something. I remember when the screwattack forums REALLY wanted megaman to beat Astroboy. After he lost some users lost their shit.

The weird thing was that a few of us asked for the very same thing we are asking for now. But one of the researchers responded to my request quoting SOMEONE ELSES TOXIC POST as a reason he couldn’t possibly give the people who weren’t being assholes the full reasoning.

The guy who did the SB calc for the sundisk posted a google doc going over it in more detail. Definitely worth a read.

Great read.

I don’t know, I’m not creative, but I also know you’re just a hater
As much as I'd hate to say it but there's a kernel of truth to what he's saying.
JoJo fights & Persona gameplay of trying to find an opponent's weak point to exploit.
Thing is Joker's weak spots aren't anything Giorno can take advantage of they're elemental against a guy with only one type of attack being physical.
Once Joker finds that out equip Shiki-Ouji or Arahabaki and call it a day
On the flip side Giorno doesn't have a way to meaningfully play off Joker's higher scale attacks like Ziodyne, Morning Star or god rest his soul if he pulls out Sinful Shell
Or any status moves like Makajama, Marin Karin. list goes on.
It's a dynamic where Joker was just have to avoid winning strategies so a conflict can foster.
Which I'm not against (it's basically how Smash Bros handled his portrayal if you think about it) but I would understand if someone was.

Hey PonePoster, I’m not big of a fan of MLP, but does spike have any MUs/is he vs viable? He reminds me of Spyro and I am quite fond of that
Heh, heh, he does have King from Owl House, which the team actually has reacted positively to once in a members only video. They said it made sense and that it was a good Owl House MU. I'm personally indifferent to it, but if they end up doing it I can see it being fun. If they use ONLY their own physical feats and no scaling I could see King probably being stronger but Spike being much faster. He IS vs viable, but he lacks a lot in hax and is mainly a very strong brick. Spyro probably has better opponents being more popular and with notable feats besides just being strong

Spike unfortunately neg diffs with scaling from that moment in the finale when he beam clashed with a 5th dimensional high tier for a few seconds 💀

Genuinely happy

spider-man-good-riddance.png

I echo the sentiment there, but it does seem a wee bit off topic.

To get it back to topical, what do you guys thing of a Shaggy vs Luigi matchup? I prefer the bros vs Sephiroth myself, that'd be fun.

I still think it's silly as **** that we'll never get their reasoning on that episode just because a few people took it too far.
I agree (I always liked the Q&A's), but I understand why they decided against it.
I think it's even sillier that the DB crew hasn't made videos taking deeper dives into the scaling for added revenue and content besides just the battles. I know that the QandAs were always made by Ultra and some others outside their contracted research, but, like... Why not just actually put some of your reasoning that didn't make it into episodes out there in the first place? At least for members only if you're really worried about backlash? Seems like the easiest thing ever to add, but I guess the researchers have a track record of not taking criticism well 😭
I remember Death Battle Casts used to include segments where they went over questions about episodes. Maybe they could do that again? There was also that live Q&A they did after Goku vs Superman 3, which could be another way to do it.

What do you guys think is better for a voice actor when doing a character's voice in DB?

Try and match the known voice for a character (examples being Omni-Man, Spongebob, Mario) or make their own impression that they think would fit the character (Superman, Unicron, Homelander)?
This is going to be a bit of a non-answer apologies, but it will always depend on who the character is for me.
Tom Schalk's Megatron is basically perfect in every possible way, but Quinton Flynn & Zach Callison have very distinct speech patterns and so I always felt like the Raiden & Steven impressions in Death Battle fall really flat on the ears despite both episodes having cool line reads. This one's a personal fav of mine.
Tetsuo in Death Battle practically invented how the character sounds English since the dubs for Akira are just that bad, and I think Joshua nailed practically every aspect of the guy.
But Rick's voice is probably my least favorite part of that episode it's distracting how much younger he sounds compared either Cardoni or Roiland especially when put next to what is practically a pitch perfect Tennant impression. Doctor Who producers should really hire that guy /j

Last edited:
Really? Huh, neat.
Yeah, I guess it has something to do with the big hitters of the mecha genre going against eachother, and maybe the Wing guy has connections to Shinji.

Only problem is if DB would include impact stuff. Like, that's an Evangelion at their peak I believe, and there's some funky stuff with the additional impact wherever that scales, but it includes a lot of ifs to get to that point.

Heh, heh, he does have King from Owl House, which the team actually has reacted positively to once in a members only video. They said it made sense and that it was a good Owl House MU. I'm personally indifferent to it, but if they end up doing it I can see it being fun. If they use ONLY their own physical feats and no scaling I could see King probably being stronger but Spike being much faster

Spike unfortunately neg diffs with scaling from that moment in the finale when he beam clashed with a 5th dimensional high tier for a few seconds 💀
I can give you a stronger opponent if you want

The guy who did the SB calc for the sundisk posted a google doc going over it in more detail. Definitely worth a read.

Bro cooked good and gave us a five star meal

Back