• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Discussion Thread (2024–2025) (All-time Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I guess if you measure by meme culture sure, but most people haven't really read Jojo - see literally any Araki forgot thread.
Its not by meme culture why, is due to the anime especially in part 5 making it hit a point where it got popular, you act like the manga reading is an argument on this, mangas arent what makes a series take off, but the adaptations in many cases and the araki forgot thing isnt even as bad as most make it

Same blogs who purposely lied on dmc uni stuff before the mobile game fiasco later or compositing Geese and give him all the possible feats to wank him while Heihachi just main games, along a vague ass claim of world destruction to former while latter had numerous, more clear ones or the mythos MU which actual person knowledge on that called them out on their bullshit
Oh Nero vs Hellboy? The effects of that blog are still unhealed all these years later...

Its not by meme culture why, is due to the anime especially in part 5 making it hit a point where it got popular, you act like the manga reading is an argument on this, mangas arent what makes a series take off, but the adaptations in many cases and the araki forgot thing isnt even as bad as most make it
I'm saying that if you want to understand a work you got to read the manage. Even the best of anime have to condense stuff.
Uhh Jojo is 14th best selling manga in the world. Also Giorno's theme got like 80+ million views in YT or sth lol
Baki, Fist of the North Star, and Hajime no Ippo are also up there, but there are some people who didn't even know they existed.

As I appear to be the one who bought up VAs - I'll say that Tom Schalk knows how to do a good J.K Simmons (that much was proven in his MU with Yong Yea's Homelander). Although in the case of OmniDock, I think there are some directional quirks I'm not a fan of.

Idk if that's just me.

GkqgYkd.png

I shall bless this world with my opinions. Death Battle isn't biased against Dragon Ball, if anything, they're biased in FAVOR of Dragon Ball.

I'm saying that if you want to understand a work you got to read the manage. Even the best of anime have to condense stuff.
Same goes with dragon ball by your logic, yet most know it by the a ime rather then manga overall
Baki, Fist of the North Star, and Hajime no Ippo are also up there, but there are some people who didn't even know they existed.
Baki is popular nowadays, fotns had mobile game with collabs with other franchises in it, game by sega in 2018, it has some popularity, hajime its a classic people know of too

Same goes with dragon ball by your logic, yet most know it by the a ime rather then manga overall
Nah, they know it from the "Can He Solo Goku" Meme
Baki is popular nowadays, fotns had mobile game with collabs with other franchises in it, game by sega in 2018, it has some popularity, hajime its a classic people know of too
Really? Thought Baki dropped off.
I know the Sega Game which you are talking about, but I don't know how much it sold.
Can't speak on Hajime. I read and enjoyed the manga, but don't know the fandom.

Drawcia feat is bleh and infinite power statement didnt exist so Buu could have won actually Toei Buu would have just won huh

Is Galaxia truly a fraud? I recall someone tried to give T1 stuff for Moon.

Megatron shouldnt composited to hell so L for him.

If you go for technicalities, Hulk's power being tied to rage could mean his L isnt as unjustified.

And why does anyone want Carol to win

Nah, they know it from the "Can He Solo Goku" Meme
Buddy in what era you live? That meme didnt exist until around pandemic was coming, dragon ball was known well before that
Really? Thought Baki dropped off.
When netflix did a crossover of it with kengan ashura (even if it didnt live up to expectations), among some of their best animes there, to claim it dropped off is ridiculous

GkqgYkd.png

I shall bless this world with my opinions. Death Battle isn't biased against Dragon Ball, if anything, they're biased in FAVOR of Dragon Ball.
The Shadow fanboy in me respects that you think Shadow should've beaten Vegeta, but this was season one Death Battle so it's not as crappy as Shadow vs Mewtwo IMO.

But yeah, Carol should've definitely beaten Android 18. Especially since one of the wincons they gave towards 18 was an ability she only has in the video games and not in canon for some reason.

As I appear to be the one who bought up VAs - I'll say that Tom Schalk knows how to do a good J.K Simmons (that much was proven in his MU with Yong Yea's Homelander). Although in the case of OmniDock, I think there are some directional quirks I'm not a fan of.

Idk if that's just me.
What the hell? Yong Yea was Homelander? He sure was more competent there than as Kiryu ******* Kazuma

What the hell? Yong Yea was Homelander? He sure was more competent there than as Kiryu ******* Kazuma

yeah he was:

Can't speak one way or the other for his Homelander portrayal, though. Never watched The Boys.

Its a good Homelander for Death Battle, but if you are talking accuracy to the show, its average.

I see. I think accuracy is going to be my main predication when it comes to the tier list.

Dmitri is going to end up pretty low for reasons you might be familiar with for those who saw my article.

The Shadow fanboy in me respects that you think Shadow should've beaten Vegeta, but this was season one Death Battle so it's not as crappy as Shadow vs Mewtwo IMO.

But yeah, Carol should've definitely beaten Android 18. Especially since one of the wincons they gave towards 18 was an ability she only has in the video games and not in canon for some reason.
They used Archie Shadow, that alone should have sealed the deal.

Though game Shadow lost to Vegeta back then. Now game Shadow is infinite multiversal so he wins.

Back