• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah I really enjoyed Joker. Although I think the reason critics don't like it, other than stupid politics, is that it's a very loud film in presenting its message without much subtlety, compared to for example its inspiration Taxi Driver. But that's not a problem to me cuz personally I enjoy movies with very clear moral messages.

My main issue with Wonder Woman is how they spent the entire movie setting up that there is no Satan character controlling humanity and war happens because we're all just kinda assholes, and then we have the amazing scene of Wonder Woman realizing killing Ludendorff didn't end the war, but then Ares just pops out and turns out to be real and we get a big punch fest. Like yeah you can probably still find ways to excuse his existence but still it feels like it cheapens the movie's theme.

IMO they should have just made that Ares isn't real (but they don't have the balls to do that) and that humanity isn't as simple as Diana thought it was, which would make Steve's sacrifice even more emotional as it shows men are still good.

Other than that it's great.
I both agree and disagree with you. I don't think Ares being real really shoots the message.

I mean, think about it, what does he do in the movie? Basically nothing. At worse he gives some ideas of weapons to Poison and other people and that's it. He doesn't mind control them. It's the equivalent of making several people sitting next to each other then putting some gun on the table and then sitting behind them while saying nothing. True, he influences them but he never truly forces them or manipulates them to kill each other, it's up to them to decided wether or not they'll use his ideas, in fact, he even gives everybody a chance to be proven wrong in the movie since he proposes a peace treaty. If you think about it, the real villain is Ludendorf, its him who created the superweapon and wanted to use it. It's actually kind of clever. Yes, there's the part where suddenly all soldiers around him stop fighting but aside from that (and even then it can be excused by his nature as the God of War so he would passively influence events), his role is not directly influencing the movie. I thought it was quite clever, Ares exists but he's not the source of the problem, he barely gives a "push" in a bad direction but that's it, because mankind doesn't need a supernatural bad guy to cause problems (there were other wars before WWI and Ares was too weak at the time to act) and just because he's not there to cause problems doesn't mean humans will stop killing each other, as we all know unfortunately.
I also really liked his powers, in ten minutes he shows a rather spectacular display of abilities even some people who have had several movies don't have and his telekinesis is perhaps the best and most impressive form I've seen in a live-action movie (since he uses it for something else than toss shit at them), it literally goes to transmutation levels. And his music is excellent as well.

My real problem with Ares is that they introduced him way sooner than they should have. Ares is the equivalent of Darkseid for Superman or Ra's for Batman, you don't see him often but when you do, things are taken to a whole different level of bad. He's not supposed to be some starter villain, he should have been the final antagonist of a trilogy, a villain buildt up through several films, maybe first as a mythological being in the first one then we continue to hear about him in the second and he finally appears in the third in a grand finale to be the ultimate challenge he should have been.

Last edited:
And seeing that Thomas Wayne was once Arthur Fleck's father before his mother adopted him, is Arthur technically a Wayne?

Joker is an unreliable narrator in his movie, a lot of things are left up to interpretation. For example some people think Randall was actually an asshole to Joker while others think Joker was imagining his betrayal about the gun and that he was exaggerating how badly people treated him in his mind.

And of course you always have that annoying theory about how everything is a hallucination.

Wich fits the idea that the Joker doesn't really have an origin story. Even in the comics, even him might not even know who he really is. There's a reason why "If I have to have a past, then I prefer it to be multiple choice" is one of his most famous and fitting quotes

corrections-arkham_GCPD-seize-notice.png

Spoiler for Flash movie ig

Major ******* L, I just keep losing interest in the DCEU more and more

"According to our sources, newly cast Supergirl actress Sasha Calle is playing the Kara Danvers version of the character and will replace Superman actor Henry Cavill as the DCEU’s last survivor of Krypton. In the new rebooted timeline, the Kryptonian villain Zod kills Cavill’s Superman as a baby."

Literally are writing this man out of their universe and butchering his origins in man of steel...

Zod wants the codex to save his race

Zod kills Clark as a baby who holds the codex. Zod no longer can save krypton...

What a dumb ass decision unless they randomly say oh but kara got the codex or something next or they simply just had zod die on krypton too

Nothing against the actress ofc she could probably be great but the principal of what WB is doing is ass

Last edited:

"According to our sources, newly cast Supergirl actress Sasha Calle is playing the Kara Danvers version of the character and will replace Superman actor Henry Cavill as the DCEU’s last survivor of Krypton. In the new rebooted timeline, the Kryptonian villain Zod kills Cavill’s Superman as a baby."

Literally are writing this man out of their universe and butchering his origins in man of steel...

Zod kills Clark as a baby who holds the codex. Zod no longer can save krypton...

What a dumb ass decision unless they randomly say oh but kara got the codex or something next or they simply just had zod die on krypton too

Nothing against the actress ofc she could probably be great but the principal of what WB is doing is ass

Damn, you really posting uncensored spoilers for a movie that hasn't come out yet

Spoiler for Flash movie ig

No wonder it's delayed

Back