• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCU General Discussion Thread

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
The DCEU is dead, long live the DCU!

This is a thread to discuss anything related to the new DC Universe (DCU) helmed by James Gunn and Peter Safran, which plans to feature a unified continuity across movies, TV shows, video games and animation.

Thoughts on the upcoming movies and series, fancasts, projects you might want to see, etc, anything of that sort is welcome in this thread.
DCU-Movie-and-TV-Show-Timeline-scaled.jpg

With all that being said, let’s discuss!

I'm weirdly a fan of the New 52 design she has despite it not having the original colour scheme
That’s fair, I like her New 52 design as well. I wouldn’t mind if that was the design they went with.

We're probably going to get a Justice League International Project before we get a Justice League one

Maxwell Lord - Sean Gun
Booster Gold - Uncasted (Has project in the works)
Batman - Uncasted (Has a project in the works)
Blue Beetle - Uncasted (Teased in Blue Beetle which is semi-canon)
Guy Gardner - Nathan Fillion

Outside of Superman: Legacy, the Brave and the Bold is the DCU project I’m the most excited for, mainly because of the Batfamily.

Based on various things Gunn has said on social media, it might feature Dick as Nightwing and Cassandra as Batgirl, which is really hype.

I'm most nervous about how Green Lantern will be handled.

GL's public perception isn't best considering how consistently terrible they're treated in adaptations, the casting of how old Guy is is a little worrying, and James didn't drop any GL books as recommendation.

Also considering that James is seemingly going the JLI route, I don't have high hopes for Guy as Guy's best stuff comes from the Geoff Johns era and beyond imo, and Guy during the JLI era was just kind of a bitch.

Also concerned on how they'll handle the fights with GL, the best GL fights involve the characters using constructs in creative ways that suit their personality, instead of just shields and energy blasts.

I'm most nervous about how Green Lantern will be handled.
Honestly, fair. I do think that putting the GLs in a TV show as opposed to a movie is a mistake since they’ll have a smaller budget and that could hinder the possibilities for their constructs.

Honestly, fair. I do think that putting the GLs in a TV show as opposed to a movie is a mistake since they’ll have a smaller budget and that could hinder the possibilities for their constructs.
To be fair, if its got a staff on it as good as superman and lois, or titans had in their final seasons effects department then it could end up looking pretty good

I want to see how this universe expands, and see how they draw some inspirations from the comics, maybe eventually doing a Crisis event or something similar.

Darkseid in particular is the villain I am most excited for, I genuinely think Gunn could make a pretty great live action Darkseid.

Praying that Gunn actually gets to fully realise his vision for this universe and doesn't get it muddled by any WB nonsense.

Oof, I forgot about that.

On the one hand, he wrote peak like Darkseid War: Green Lantern, but on the hand.... He wrote Human Target...
The good thing about Lanterns is iirc the show runner of the HBO Watchmen series is going to be working on it which is great. Also I haven't read any Tom King stories yet but with how polarising his stuff is it kinda interests me (stuff like Heroes in Crisis does look really bad though icl)

Anybody here have any fan casts for actors or even directors on upcoming projects? Me personally I'd love to see Raimi direct Brave and the Bold, not too sure who I'd pick as Batman though since Robert Pattinson was such a good cast.

Anybody here have any fan casts for actors
I have two: Riley Lai Nelet as Batgirl and Milly Alcock as Supergirl.

I haven’t seen Riley in anything, but she‘s said that she wants to play Cass, and she’s almost the perfect age for the role (Cass is 17-18, Riley is currently 16).

As for Milly, she was fantastic in House of the Dragon, and I feel like she could play a good Supergirl with how Gunn has described Kara. She’s also around the right age, Kara is 21 in Woman of Tomorrow and Milly’s 23.

The good thing about Lanterns is iirc the show runner of the HBO Watchmen series is going to be working on it which is great. Also I haven't read any Tom King stories yet but with how polarising his stuff is it kinda interests me (stuff like Heroes in Crisis does look really bad though icl)
His stuff is pretty hit or miss imo. Tho when it hits, it really hits

Back