• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

Secundus 1 attempts to give commands to the mass of flesh himself, seeing if it responds in any way. Secundus 2 follows Puppen, looking into the area and continuing to analyze the facility. Secundus 3 continues running mental simulations, doing so in order to further improve his displacement, heat and cold abilities.

"It may have been for you, but I basically exist solely to calculate possible outcomes and events, so it was a lot more interesting than it sounds."

The mass appears to twitch slightly, but does not otherwise react, although it appears to be growing warmer.

As the door moves down the corridor, the walls slowly change from the normal, faintly luminescent metal of the rest of the complex, to normal concrete and rebar, to an oddly normal ground of dirt, clay, and rocks, and eventually to a noticeably pulsing mesh of wires and bare electric parts of unknown make and model.

The newly created dust from the scattered rocks does not appear to impede the mass' tracking of the homunculus, although it begins to move slower than it has been. Additionally, it appears as thought the mass can only extend so far, as it is no longer hovering directly over Africa and is now exiting low earth orbit.

It will probably take him a bit to finish, I guess I can check out more of this place in the meantime.

Solomon goes to walk around the facility and see what he could find

@Crimbo

"Aha~! It seems like things are going to get a little spooky~!" Puppen's says while looking over Samson's shoulder. her dolls continue to keep watch.

Secundus 1 attempts to give it the order of "protect me" while continuing to analyze it. Secundus 2 walks forward, seeming untroubled by the changing surroundings, and continues analyzing the area. Secundus 3 continues what he was doing.

"I mean, i bet that you can do those all of the calculations of outcomes and events in like, a second at most, so yeah, it sounds kinda boring"

After taking care of the meteor, I fall down towards the earth and look around to see the situation of my location after hitting the ground.

The homunculus changes the position of its rays on the electromagnetic spectrum and appears to start firing gamma rays at the mass, as an offensive attack.

@Faruel and DMUA Crunkledunk doesn't want to shout and uses somatic gesticulations to beckon you to his location

Looking around I place a hand on the surface of the water, trying to analyze with the psychometry what has happened in recent times in this place and what was the cause that triggered all this.

"Trust me when I say that Chaos Theory is a bitch." the voice responds in a half-sarcastic tone.

Secundus 1 finds that the mass twitches slightly before growing various blade-like appendages that rapidly spread throughout his body, but he can tell that it isn't attempting to attack him.

Samson is able to tell that the corridor doesn't go on for much longer, but that this odd vein-like mesh composes the vast majority of the complex. Secundus also finds this, as well as the fact that the voice's actual body is relatively nearby. Eventually, the door stops moving backwards and slides to the left, revealing a much larger room. Most of the walls, floor, and ceiling are visibly moving and sparking, with a tube full of a greenish-grey substance sitting opposite to the group.

Solomon somehow takes four left turns and comes to a doorless room labeled "Deep Storage."

Silas sees that there's now a large chunk of the Earth's mantle just gone, revealing the mantle below.

The homunculi's attacks don't seem to do much.

John finds that the inland sea was formed due to a combination of extremely rapid tectonic movement, spatial distortions, and a few thousand nuclear-level explosions going off at the same time. It's likely that nothing beyond the absolute most extreme forms of life can survive within it.

"I wonder what's in here." Solomon muses aloud, before going in to check out the room, all the while ignoring the fact that he somehow went in a circle to reach that location

Secundus 1 notes the changes, he then gives it an order to "standby until combat". Secundus 2 continues going further into the room, looking around. Secundus 3 continues doing what he was doing previously, though now focusing more on what new capabilities his body has gained.

"I mean, i find it interesting, you know, how Chaos is not actually full random an-" Meretrix stops talking with the non human being as she notices something wrong with Secundus' skin

"Secundus, what the **** is happening with you?"

Abarim moves closer to Crunckledunk and looks at John.

"Can you figure it out?"

"The Earth is being slowly torn apart. How sad."

I use my magicules to fly over the Earth's surface in search of living creatures or strange sights.

"Just because I've known Crunkledunk for over ten years doesn't mean I understand everything he does," I say, getting up.

"However I discovered very interesting things about this ... sea"

I walk towards the tube, touching it. Then, very carefuly, i vibrate my hand through the tube, touching the substance inside in a atempt to disern what it is.

Stepping inside the room, Solomon sees that the walls are entirely covered in what appear to be old-fashioned filing cabinets.

Upon his command, the mass within Secundus 1 slows to a halt, appearing to jiggle slightly.

Secundus 2 sees that the room appears to be entirely composed of loose electrical wires, although their exact composition and dimensions are both materially and spatially anomalous. Samson finds the fluid within the tube to be similar in function to antiquated embalming fluid, although it notably does not interfere with electronics like most liquids. He feels a vaguely human-shaped gap in the fluid, although it appears to be missing most of it's lower body.

Heading north, Silas sees several forms of rampantly overgrown plant life. Notably, an area slightly smaller than California present near what would've been the American-Canadian border appears to be "breathing."

A multitude of dark shapes can be seen moving deep beneath the surface of the sea, although they aren't large enough to be a threat.

I follow the overgrown plant life, using the logic that the more overgrown areas lead to the area where it started.

The "breathing" area is weird but this seems to be a spreading problem so I'll check it out first.

Solomon begins poking around in the filing cabinets, seeing what was inside of them and reading over any files or papers.

"This sea was formed due to a combination of extremely rapid tectonic movement, spatial distortions, and a few thousand nuclear-level explosions going off at the same time," I explain.

"And besides, I think they also created those things that are swimming under our feet," I say, pointing down.

Secundus 1 looks at Meretrix once his flesh has stopped shifting.

"It appears the mass of flesh contained in my body obeys my orders. This will be useful in combat, as it is part of the mass we faced at the base previously, though disconnected from it. I believe something similar happened to Silas." He explains to her.

Secundus 2 stares at what's inside the fluid, analyzing it.

Secundus 3 continues what he was doing previously, additionally he begins attempting to develop an ability to compress magicules, hoping to use it later on to compress his attacks into smaller areas, he makes a few tests of this, but keeps them as non-destructive as possible.

"... So we can incorporate things that we fight? Like, First Silas with the Kelpie, now you with that thing. I wonder if everyone will receive a modification to their biology." Meretrix says, making a thonking face

"Anyway, do you want to play something Secundus? I am bored"

"Like, a board game, something to have fun. If you are not a fan of RNGesus, we can just play Truth or Dare"

"Yeah, it was safe..."

I pull out my hand.

"It's a weird fluid, but there's something weird about it. I suggest you take a couple steps back."

I deliver a weak punch to the tube, atempting to break it.

@Crimbo

Puppen's backs up behind her dolls. "Have fun with that~! Just don't poison yourself and die from whatever that stuff iiiis~!"

"Well, more people would be better, but i guess that 3 is enough. One person will ask another one 'Truth or dare' than said person chooses one of them."

If they choose truth, the person who asked makes a question and the other must answer the truth about it, like 'You are in a relationship'. If they choose dare, than the person will do a task, like singing or other embarassing things. It is quite fun"

Crunkledunk is annoyed that nobody responded to his beckonings. He starts to walk towards John peacefully, his movements so well calculated that John can not see anything wrong, and merely stands their idly. Crunkledunk taps John's arm briefly, and it transforms into a homunculus.

"Alright this will be useful"

Meanwhile the space homunculus sprouts out a few tendrils and begins to attempt to rip off very small pieces from the mass, having calculated its movements so that the mass will likely not notice it, and if he does then there will be other countermeasures put in place for the homunculus' extended existence.

"I see little purpose in this game, as I have no reason to lie in regards to anything." Secundus 1 answers, looking somewhat confused.

The first few cabinets are empty, but the seventh appears to hold something interesting. There are four rather large binders within it, labeled "Cosmological Survey", "Contingencies 572-947", "Human Genome Listings", and "Seismic Activity."

Samson's touch alone causes most of the tube to instantly shatter, causing the fluid to pour out in jelly-like, squirming chunks. A red light and a siren come from the other end of the room, but it is seemingly shut off. Secundus 2 finds the fluid to, chemically, be normal embalming fluid, although its chock full of various nanomachines.

Silas eventually finds what appears to be a crater almost entirely devoid of the breathing plant, but completely surrounded by it. There is a small warehouse in the center of it.

The space homunculus is able to reach out and touch the mass before it is gruesomely jerked forwards, ripping off the front half of its body.

Back