• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day Numero Dos (Game Thread 4)

[Repost] The white haired Everyman notices the wind, taking note of it.

Hmm, odd, could it be the wind of the incoming storm ?

Sieg thinks, as he switches the Eye of Ra for The Three Golden Sacred Trasures and activating the artifact.

"Air"

He says, summoning an elemental of air several kilometers above the group, a giant gasseous easian dragon of similar nature to a Kelpie, which because of his innate control over the currents should be able to easilly notice if there's anything wrong in the wind.

"Hmm..."

"With the surroundings so alien, something needs to point us in the right direction."

Abarim at down and closed his eyes.

"... Earlier, I was given some kind of ability to perform miracles. With Magicules being so prevelant now, it's not exactly special, but perhaps it's a sign... I can't know, but I do know it can be useful."

Abarim silences his thoughts for a moment, and tries to get an impression on the right path to hunting down the target.

Meretrix finds an extremely wide-reaching shadow being produced by something rather similar to a large bird, but with various bent appendages trailing off of it, from which the vision definitely came from considering the angle. The voices stop for a second, with Meretrix feeling as though she's being looked at from in front of her. She then hears a voice: "Wait, you can hear us?" Oddly, this is only present within the mental layer that she can sense.

Secundus hears something akin to drastically sped-up speech, but to the point that slowing it down to try and better comprehend it simply makes it even more unintelligible.

John sees that the mass used to be a large amount of common crows, with his analysis being so deep as to show him their entire existence. Everything seems normal for a bird... right up until the end, where what is clearly some sort of bird, easily 1,000 kilometers long, composed of fleshy wings can be seen. What follows is rather hard to follow, but is likely all of the component crows being "melted" into the froth seen now.

Sieg's elemental familiar is able to stabilize the wind, which seems to be coming from directly above and covers an area far larger than any natural wind current, even discounting the spatial distortion present.

Abarim sees an illusary trail lead directly into the Nexus.

"... I think we need to go deeper to find our invader."

Abarim starts walking forward into the Nexus.

"Uh, yes! Yes i can hear you! Sorry if i shouldn't, it wasn't my intention, but since i can, where are you? Are you that bird above us or just some disembodied mind? Do you have a name? Do you want to play UNO after we finish our duties here?"

She asks to the mind, clearly excited with knowing another "living being"

"Okay, that mass long ago were a bunch of birds ... then came a bigger bird and melted them ... nothing abnormal for our standards"

Secundus attempts to check if the mass inside him is reacting to this place in any unusual way. Two of the bodies head further in, while one remains near Meretrix, attempting to discern more about the speech.

"It's not quite illegal or disallowed, as you people tend to like talking to patterns you find on blank walls, but I digress. Right now, I am... uh, I think here." With that, an image of something wholly probabilistic and non-physical in conventional sense pops into Meretrix's mind; a sub-atomic particle, of sorts, in all its zero-spin glory, "That's me. I'm what you would call a... I think it was a "Higgs boson" or something of that pedigree."

However, before Meretrix can interject, a more female-sounding voice speaks.

"You need to stop hogging all the attention so much. It's not good for you."

"Bah! Leave me alone!" the first voice responds, "anyways, I don't quite get what you mean by "that bird above us." Can you elaborate? And what in the blazes is UNO?"

Meretrix has a distinct feeling that she has a lot of explaining to do.

As far as Secundus can tell, the mass isn't responding abnormally, although it is vibrating quite a bit. The speech is still unintelligible, but slightly less so.

Puppen finds a few human-shaped stains on some nearby rocks. They smell like ash.

It's not long before Abarim, Solomon, and two of the Secundus' reach the portion of the area surrounding the Nexus that Melissa mentioned. There's a rather clear boundary, although "clear" is rather relative since even the absence of space there was hard to fully register, that resembles a shimmering bubble, with a vast number of hair-like threads covering its surface.

The froth that Silas pokes weakly tries to pull the stick from his hand, although this obviously doesn't work. After this, the line of froth appears to retract towards where it came from, which is directly back towards the Nexus.

Oddly, there are now a large amount of common black crows sitting on the island, seemingly just watching everyone, and visible even beyond the boundary between space and whatever absurd mockery of such existed closer to the Nexus.

Meretrix's eyes start to shine as she starts to make a big smile on her face

"Hehehe, that is alot to do. Well, first of all, i never knew that you were so tiny! Mind if i call you Boson? Well, anyhow, i will also call your friend over there Higgs, makes it easier to differentiate you!" Meretrix says, as she clearly can't hide her enthusiasm, seeing as she was doing small hops while talking to them

"Well, there is a giant bird up there" She says while poiting and looking to the sky

"Apparently it is a large bird, but like, it is kinda gored, so i don't feel like meething it now, maybe later if he joins the conversation. For some weird reason i was able to see from its eyes, like, we entered hear, and suddenly i got a upper vision of us from its eyes, it was weird" She says, even more excited than before

"And last but not least, UNO! It is a simple game where everyone has 7 cards for their starting hand, the objective is to not have any cards in your hand! For that, you must play a card that is either from the color or number from the last card on the pot, if you don't, you need to buy a card and than pass your turn if you don't have a card that match either"

"But here is the twist! There is alot of special cards that do other stuff! Like some that change the color, some that make the opponent draw cards, some that block one person from playing for one round and some that inverts the order of who plays! It is alot of fun, we should try sometime!"

Meretrix says, looking like a child as she speaks with the sub atomic particles, very excited about it

"However, i do have one question. How were you created?" She asks in a more serious tone, albeit still excited

"That looks like a barrier. Only question is, what happens if we were to break it open?"

"Something is above us, i'll send the Ryu to investigate it"

Sieg says to nobody in particular, commanding the elemental to fly upwards and go to the source of the wind current.

Then, the artifact user observs the area of space-less space, wondering about the impossible phenomena in it's paradoxical nature, as he responds to Abarim.

"It's not really a barrier so to say, it's a boundary between space and un-space, more akin to sphere of air in a water tank than anything else, so breaking it open is fundamentally impossible."

"Though, the A.I. said Everyman aren't affected by a lack of the spatial concept, so we should just be able to enter it unimpeded."

Sieg continues, while taking his staff and attempting to push it's top part inside the reality anomaly.

One of Secundus' bodies attempt to simply touch or pass through the barrier, the other observes it, while the body that stayed behind continues analyzing the speech.

The first voice listens, eventually responding "Oh. That thing. Don't think about it too much, it can feel it. An-"

The female voice interjects, "We'd love to play UNO with you later!"

"Grimble gramble"

The male voice pipes up again, "About your last question: we were always here in some form, this is just what we are now. At least to you, anyways."

The stains stand up off the ground, appearing wholly two-dimensional. Puppen can tell that they aren't particularly strong.

Sieg's familiar ends up flying well up into space, eventually spotting a large bird made entirely of raw flesh. From various unconscious calculations, it can be determined to have a wingspan of approximately 1,000,608,231 kilometers and be about as long, with what appears to be many smaller wings branching off from various points. One of the smaller wings, about 1,000 kilometers long when fully outstretched, breaks off and begins moving down towards earth. Sieg's staff has no difficulties passing the boundary.

The Secundus passes through the boundary without issue, although, very oddly, the environment appears to be very similar to that of the space outside of it, rather than the void one may have expected. He more or less instantly knows that his own mind is creating patterns and environments where there are none, but these are far more than simple mirages, seeming to actually possess physicality and existence, as though he was forcing form out of nothingness.

Silas eventually comes to a distinct wall, with the space-less space that Melissa mentioned being on the other side.

John can tell that Meretrix isn't lying, but he finds it difficult to comprehend the speech she is hearing.

Puppen's takes her new 2-D dolls and her other one's, she looks at the giant ****-off flesh bird. "Huh~, how weird~!" She checks to see if its something she can doll-ify. Probably wont work, but hey, won't hurt to try. If that doesn't work, she goes into the 'space' or whatever it is.

Seeing the solar system size mass of bird, the elemental does what can only be described as "******** itself" and flying back down as fast as magicoulely possible, while trying to change the direction of a part of the wind of current coming from the crow to attempt push the detached wing away or at least slow down it's fall.

Sieg enters inside the spatial distortion too..

@HL3

Meretrix is visibly happy and giving small claps as she hops more after what the female voice said

"Yayyyyyy! So that means you are some type of shapeshifters? And the bird knows that I temporaly saw us by his vision?"

She tahn looks up

"Wonder how far in the sky he is"

@Faruel

"About playing UNO and about the bird that is above us"

Secundus' bodies proceed further inside, analyzing the area and attempting to discern if the mass is reacting any differently now, and if it would be safe for it to exit his body here and fight if necessary.

Solomon attempts to cross the boundary, deciding to check out the area himself as well

''It seems to be going well. Abarim enters the barrier.''

"And if it attacks us I will have something to keep it at bay, besides ... do you want to see a little trick?", I ask her.

Back