• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

Solomon decides the read the binder labled "Human Genome Listings" first, electing to follow it up with "Contingencies 572-947" followed by "Cosmological Survey", and then the one about Seismic Activity

Now having provoked the being the homunculus sprouts more tendrils to grab and reattach missing parts as best it can and heal from the rest- it begins to rise higher and higher- taking count of when the debris ends, and am,OMG share to apply the same skills of mobility it previously used to evade the creature

Crunkledunk doesn't appear to move from Johns arm, but Johns arm appears to have formed into a black, pulpy, abomination that sprouts one eye with multiple small, feeble arms also emerging. Crunkledunk raises his unoccupied arm to Abarim, as if a kind of warning

" I just need to sort something out" Crunkledunk says casually, if even politely and friendily to John. "For now, I would appreciate it if you attempt to regenerate"

Abarim stays back, his eyes narrowing with suspicion.

"I apologise for the possibly sudden nature of the action, which may have caused you frustration, I merely need to analyse certain variables and whatnot, and I wasn't quite sure as to the time period I should employ. Either way, my intention currently is to use your arm to aid an ongoing pursuit against an alien, yet terrestrial creature currently causing a homunculus if mine some trouble. I would appreciate it if you were to regenerate, as I can get met homunculus to a absorb your attempts as such, stockpiling substantial energy for use of my homunculus or for other purposes in this somewhat unpredictable predicament. I am also just recreating another homunculus to stay at the bottom of this mass to provide necessary support when needed."

Upon being opened, the binder, whose pages appear abnormally thin and resemble silicon wafers more than paper, appears to contain the entirety of the human genome along with various descriptions and annotations. Oddly, there isn't any mention of Everymen anywhere within it. The contingencies binder appears to have been various plans for use in case what was likely 1-571 failed. Simply by reading it, it is clear that none of them were ever used. The Cosmological Survey binder appears to be various descriptions of the state of the cosmos, which is apparently rather different to what it appears to be. Unfortunately, Solomon finds it difficult to remember much of it after closing the binder [e.g. i'll write more on this in the morning if you reread it]. The final binder contains a few dozen notable seismic readings, usually labeled as "evidence of potential incursions" and with date listings down to the second. Oddly, nearly a dozen are listed as having occurred less than a second before Solomon opened the binder and are written in red ink.

Samson sees what appears to be half of the corpse of a female human, with the entire lower half and most of the torso gone with various metal tubing extruding from it. A faint whining sound can be heard from it, not dissimilar to a rusty swing set.

Sieg is making notable progress.

The homunculi is unable to recover much of itself beyond a few hand-sized chunks of flesh, but finds itself able to out-maneuver the mass as easily as before. The homunculus formed from John appears abnormally unstable, as it has marked difficulty keeping itself upright.

The warehouse appears to have, at one point, been an aircraft hangar judging from its size, although opening it was easy. Within it, there are various antiquated cars, an awful smell, and god knows how many flies that immediately pour outwards. The sheer volume of flies would've been literally suffocating had it not been for the magicule barrier, although it wouldn't have been much of an issue regardless.

"No mention of the Everymen within the genome binder. The contingencies listed in this binder were never used, these "potential incursions" all happened mere moments before I opened the binder though, interesting." Solomon recounts to himself, for no particular reason

He notes that his memories are notably lacking on what was in the third binder, prompting him to pick up the binder labled Cosmological Survey, and read it again.

Secundus 1 looks at Meretrix curiously.

"A board game? Show it to me then." He asks

Secundus 2 tries to analyze the body now, seeing if it requires aid.

Secundus 3 continues attempting to develop the ability to compress his attacks into smaller areas.

This is disgusting.

I keep the barrier up and try modifying it to purify the air that passes through it as I continue deeper into the warehouse.

Huh, wonder if Secundus is 'awakening' some kind of emotion. If he is, strange that a board game is doing that, but hey, better now than later

"Well, they are casual games, some involve some strategy, but most are luck based, like this one!"

Meretrix says as she excitely pick a bag out of nowhere. After opening and putting what it has inside onto the ground, Secundus could see a board like the Chess ones, but numered from 1 to 100 in 10x10 formation, with some ladders and snakes drawn into some of the squares, as well as a d6 and 4 cone like tiny figures, each one with their own colors

"Ta da! This is Snale and Ladders! It is simple, you choose your figure, than we see who goes first, than we roll a dice and we 'walk' the number of squares that we get on the dice, the winner is the one who reaches the 100 squares, but there is a twist!"

"If you end up in a square that has a ladder, you climb it to the square that is connected, if you end up in a square that has a snake,you go down to the square that it is conmected!"

Meretrix says, in a weirdly excited tone

"There is also some other rules to make this more random, like if you roll a number that is past 100, you go back to the beggining. I know that it doesn't look, but it is quite fun!"

"I'd recommend you at least attempt to regenerate, Ill have to come up with another plan if you don't" the homunculus at the bottom of the mass is forced to degenerate due to Jonathan's incooperation and be recreated yet again, this one uses its power to anchor itself to the space homunculus currently located in space and teleport to its position, in turn teleporting the one that was in space to the position the one now in space was located, flying down to New York City, covering itself with tendrils and keeping its eyes open in case of attacks, trying to regenerate. The homunculus now in space continues doing the work that was done by the previous and continues flying upwards, attempting to out maeouver the mass.

"This will hurt a little," I murmur and then isolate the pain receptors and remove the homunculus from my arm. Obviously I am now without an arm but I can easily reconstruct it with my telekinesis.

The contents of the third binder appear abnormally......well, normal, to the point that it's very clear that something is up. However, the natural text appears to rapidly fade and become replaced with something else.

The binder spends most of its length talking about something it refers to as "Layers." These appear to be different forms of the world stacked over each other, although a description mentioning "The Firmament" makes it clear that these layers don't simply encompass the earth, and it's likely that the entire universe was part of a singular layer. Every layer possesses its own equivalents to the laws of physics and matter, as well as the active rejection of existences from other layers. Seemingly tentatively, the binder states that there are at least 73,192 layers, although most are only accurately predicted to exist and haven't been confirmed. The physical layer is, notably, repeatedly referred to as "Daensn."

After a while, it mentions a second layer, "The Noosphere." As opposed to the physicality of Daensn, the Noosphere is a mental plane composed of the consciousness of all sentient life across the past, present, and future. The binder also mentions several incursions to both this and another, unnamed layer, although it seems to lack any further details on them. Near the end of this section, it is noted that there appears to be a layer that is simply missing, which is theorized to have been the spiritual layer to the world. In what appears to be a recent addition, a place referred to as "the hole where Israel used to be" is stated to be a hole through every known layer and into an artificial one unofficially titled "Hell."

At the very end of the layer section, it is theorized that the magicules and those composed of them originate from an incredibly deep layer, although Solomon knows this to not be true.

The next section has no listed title, but refers to a structure called "The Tower" several times. This construct contains the world, including every layer related to it. There isn't much information, as this section appears nearly a dozen times shorter than the last one, but what is definitively stated is that The Tower completely supersedes the "size" of the world, holding it as little more than a singular brick comprising an endless tower.
The body appears fine and somehow alive, although it appears unable to be turned into a doll due to deviating too far from the standard human shape. It makes a gesture indicating annoyance towards the group.

Sieg continues to make magic noises. Secundus makes progress.

Silas' barrier is able to purify the air, leaving a mostly liquid, greenish-black substance similar to bile on the ground near him. Just about every car contains two or three human skeletons, picked clean of all meat, even down to the marrow in some cases, and practically fused to their seats. Oddly, most cares appear to have bullet holes in their windows and several are still running, although only barely.

The homunculus attached to John doesn't become more stable, and his non-cooperation appears to not be a factor towards this. Unfortunately, it appears unable to respond to Crunkle's commands in a timely fashion and is destroyed by the mass. The former space homunculi quickly repairs itself, but Crunkle feels as though the mass knows where it went.

More people that I couldn't save. Bullet holes and the cars are still running...I think I'm getting closer to the source of this.

I continue pressing on, maintaining the purifying barrier.

"... I'm not sure it worked. Maybe we should just cut our losses and get back to whatever happened to North America?"

Well then. I wonder if we'll be able to make it to this "hole whwre Israel used to be" eventually. This tower is especially interesting, I guess I'll share this information with the others later.

Solomon checks the room to see if there was anything else interesting there, deciding to leave and walk around the facility again otherwise

Secundus 1 looks over the board game and listens to Meretrix.

"Does it not become meaningless when our minds can compute every possible outcome for this board game?" He asks.

Secundus 2 continues staring at the body, analyzing it further, its nature and what it is connected to.

Secundus 3 continues doing what he was doing.

"Probably find a way to kill it. You want to pull it out?"

"I mean, if you don't want to, there is another board game that we can play."

She than picks another bag out of nowhere, but this time, she doesn't lay everything onto the ground, but rather picks the box where supposedly the game and its components are. The box is made out of cardboard.

In the box, there is a fine looking gentleman with a round head and with a white mustache, with a hand gesture as if he was inaugurating something, next to him where some silver figures, like a car, dog, duck, a topper, and some other figures. They were in a blueish white catwalk, around them where some green houses, with money apparently raining from the sky, with a big name written there, "MONOPOLY".

"This is also a favorite of mine, the rules for this one are quite big, so i don't want to tell ya, but here is the manual!"

Meretrix says as she gives Secundus a piece of paper with some information there, problaby the rules of said board game.

"So, what do you tell me? Wanna play?"

"Something like that," I exclaim creating a psychic floor under the feet of Abarim and Crunkledunk. Then through my telekinesis I move the sea water, creating a huge crater to better see what is at the bottom of it.

Solomon doesn't see anything else of interest, with the exit to the room somehow leading back to the main area. After a moment, he finds a large, door-shaped hole in at the end of a hallway.

The body appears to be connected to the vast majority of the complex through the metal tendrils that make up the room, likely being the voice that conversed with the group earlier. After a moment, a distinct sigh comes from all around Samson, Puppen, and Secundus. "I'm honestly not sure why I didn't anticipate this, considering how you people are." says the voice from before.

As Silas moves through the warehouse, things become more and more strange. The cars slowly transition to something more similar to military amphibious vehicles, still full of corpses fused to the upholstery, along with larger and larger sections of the vehicles themselves missing entirely. Eventually, he finds a large, metal hatch that has seemingly been welded shut.

The dark masses appear to have been several highly mutated fish, which are now slightly red water due to John's telekinesis. Oddly, the seafloor itself appears to be rhythmically pulsing.

Seriously. This is all so messed up. The monsters, the elements, all of this seems so chaotic. Did an Outer God come and **** up the planet?

I ponder as I stand over the hatch.

Well, just got to roll with the punches I guess.

I make a magicule excavator to try and scoop up the hatch from the ground.

Solomon takes a mental note of the fact that yet again, space is convoluted in every building they enter. He then heads through the door shaped hole to see where it leads.

"... Is the sea floor actually a sea creature, now?"

Back