• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day Numero Dos (Game Thread 4)

"No. We're just here."

A short ways into the desert, a large structure, seemingly a sort of wall, becomes visible in the distance. Moreover, there appears to be someone standing in front of it.

"Gives a whole new meaning to "mental block""

Sieg comments as he continues walking foward, towards the structure, while using his Eye of Ra to try analyze it's guardian..

Abarim walks forward, while focusing yet again to see if this is the target.

"That's something not directly translatable to your sense. Yet. Just wait a bit and it should work eventually."

The man in front of the gate is sleeping on a small chair which, along with the wall, appears to be made of an esoteric form of sandstone that lacks any detectable components, simply appearing as itself regardless of how closely it is viewed. The man himself is quite tanned, wearing nothing but foot-pads, some sort of purple, embroidered cloth around his waist, and a vaguely golden earring. The noise caused by multiple people stepping towards him causes him to wake up, sounding startled before clearing his throat and speaking. It initially sounds like gibberish, but is near-instantly translated.

"Who may you all be, and what is your business here?" he asks in a rather demanding tone.

"Well, I am excited to see you guys in person! You guys should help us rebuilding Earth, it is qutie the mess here, i mean, if you want to, it would be nice help, you can't have enough of that"

Meretrix says to the sub particles

"Well, we are Everymen and we are here to fix some things, but more importantly, who are you?"

"We came here to eliminate the source of the threat in this place. Who and what are you?" Secundus calmly explains, while the other Secundus in the distance seems on guard and has readied its cannon.

Since the other Everyman already answered to the man, Sieg uses The Eye of Ra to try scan him and learn the following pieces of information about him: Health, Mana/Ki/Other Supernatural Energies, Power Level, Main Power, Most Dangerous Power, Weaknesses, structural composition, specie, archetype, favorite joke and general liking and dislikings,

The man gives the group a confused and rather annoyed look.

"I am Wepwawet, the opener of ways, you disrespectful children. There is no threat here in New Thebes due to the work of our great lord Set-Amun. You must be all be some sort of sorcerer, am I mistaken?"

Sieg sees that the man is a physiologically average human but with a noticeably larger brain and vastly enhanced strength, although any of you could kill him with a light touch. He doesnt appear to possess any supernatural energy source, but his main power appears to be giving undeniable orders to reality itself, with his most dangerous use of this being "Close The Way." He is also very arrogant and doesn't seem to be the joking sort, disliking dirty tactics and acts.

"Sorcery and polytheism is not our strength. We use Magicules, and I follow the one true God."

Abarim obviously recognizes this man is Egyptian, or some strange imitation of such a culture. Interesting enough, but, they aren't what we are looking for. Abarim calls for guidance again, trying to get another trail.

Sieg bumb in

"Please ignore my dim-witted companion, he's not really what you'd call "intelligent""

"To aswer your question, were's not quite mages, but close enought."

He responds.

"Though, you are mistaken on another thing, we haven't come in this layer of existance because of a native threat, but because of an outside one, an invader is coming here from outside reality."

The everyman explains.

"Mmm ... maybe this is a time pocket that leads to a different reality, a timeline or a different era", I say telepathically to the group.

"Well, you can keep following lies, we're just here to solve a problem, what could we do to enter this gate?"

Meretrix says, as she tries to read the guy's mind

Abarim considers for a moment telling Sieg that he, in essence, repeated his "dim witted companion"'s response, but opts to keep silent for now.

"Who knows. This is supposed to be a mental plane of existence, right? Perhaps it's just an alternative set of possibilities manifested. Or, it's indeed another reality containing a similar Nexus to our own, that we've simply stumbled upon in our travels. It's strange either way."

The man only appears more confused.

"I... I have no idea what you people are talking about. Are you sure you are not currently under the effects of any hallucinatory substances? Our great lord Set-Amun is more than strong enough to ward off any outer threats, so you should not worry about that."

Abarim sees a trail moving past the large gate in front of him. Meretrix sees that the man is 100% serious and not lying.

"You'll find that my faith is sword, shield and armor all at once, and my allies are just as resilient. On the other hand, our enemy appears to be in this very city. You may wish to ask Set-Amun about that. Or perhaps you can ask my God, whatever suits you."

With the gate still blocking the trail, Abarim lifts both his arms and commands a great windstorm to blow it open.

"We are not under hallucinogenic substances ... and our abilities are more than suitable to solve any problem if necessary", I say to the man and then open my hand.

Sand begins to swirl over it, forming a statuette that starts to heat up, becoming glass.

"A gift for you, I have ... the custom of giving small gifts to those who host me and my companions", I say while I create an invisible psychic thread around the statuette.

"If Set-Amun is as almighty as you say, there shouldn't be any problems to us entering the city."

Sieg comments.

"So, could you open us the gate ?"

The man utters something more recognizable as the act of "floating" than any word, causing the statuette the slowly float out of John's hand. He quickly turns to look at Abarim causing the gates to violently fly open, yelling something at him. Abarim feels his bones begin to writhe as small sections turn into maggots, but the desert seems to just stop directly past the gate, leaving nothing but the normal mental realm itself. Oddly, he has a distinct sense that something is still there, that it's merely out of reach, something he can likely fix.

"Ugh, you people are trouble. Ignorant, too. You cannot merely enter this place, otherwise it would not be nearly as secure as it is. Anyways, as I am understanding, I see that the actions of your friend do not reflect the rest of you, so I will offer you the chance to enter if you so wish. If you do, leave all weapons on the ground here. Your friend will receive proper punishment for his transgression."

Halfway through his speech, he looks back at Abarim and appears more than a little concerned about how Abarim doesn't appear affected much by his ability.

Abarim uses physics manipulation to completely nullify any of the forces that allow the maggots to move around on their own, before stretching a bit to recover.

"Well, your security could use a few upgrades. Take some guidance."

Abarim summons and throws a complete set of scriptures at him.

"I will be in and out."

Abarim simply walks forth, and starts to reach out for whatever's there.

A single Secundus follows Abarim, while the rest remain where they are, trying to discern what is going on here and where the enemy is.

"Thanksies~" Meretrix says as she waves back to the guy as she passes through the gate

"If you want something to compensate, i can invite you to a UNO match later!"

The man just exasperatedly watches everyone walk through, mentally remarking that he isn't paid enough for this. A larger, more stocky man of similar appearance seems to walk out of the sandstone and listen to the man speak for a moment, before following the groups from a decent way back.

Abarim manages to pull something that only theoretically exists into physicality in front of him, ending up as another, but much smaller, desert, after a few kilometers of which several buildings, seemingly composed of the same material as the gate. Secundus can tell that this new area existed more as a field of possibilities, what could be rather than what is, until Abarim forced it into certainty, something that the gatekeeper would have done himself.

Now, to follow the trail and find whatever we're hunting.

Sieg continues walking too, though as he uses his Eye of Ra's clairvoyance to scout the surronding kilometer for clues, while keeping a metaphorical eye on the big sandstone man.

The Secundus' reunite with one another, each of them then spreading out around the area to look for the target and analyze the location.

Solomon follows into the newly made desert, heading towards the buildings and analyzing the area along the way.

Wepwawet ignores Meretrix, humming tunelessly to himself.

Sieg, Solomon, and Secundus see that this appears to be an outer housing district, as most houses are occupied by several people. The nearest one, however, has two people sitting opposite the door and waving in their direction.

As the Secundus' split and head further in, the buildings appear to be more "built up" compared to the outer ones, as well as more comfortably furnished.

Abarim sees a trail head straight past the houses and much further in.

Back