• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

Solomon sees Samson, Puppen, and Secundus looking around a room seemingly made of metal wires, with some sort of corpse suspended from the ceiling in the back of the room.

"Things tend to unnaturally align themselves for you people, Everymen, I believe." the voice responds.

Meretrix, Puppen, Jakovich [if PK is available], Solomon, Sieg, and Samson feel an immense number of vaguely humanoid creatures approaching the city. Sieg is also done replicating Gungnir, although it seems to take significantly more energy to manifest than his normal weapons.

Silas' magicule scoop effortlessly removes the hatch, revealing a long tunnel leading downwards. It smells a lot like something that he can only conceptualize as death.

"Wow! There are an immense number of vaguely humanoid creatures approaching the city!" Jakovich is back!

"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"

Meretrix says in a boredom tone as she notices people coming next to the city, wich will problaby lead to a fight

"Eh, pretty sure that the other peeps will be fine against them, so, what do you say about Monopoly Secundus?"

With every further moment of this my regret increases to a level I didn't think was possible.

I strengthen my barrier and start floating down the tunnel hole.

"It appears there is something of greater importance at the moment." Secundus 1 replies to Meretrix, before moving to analyze the approaching creatures.

"It seems something is approaching the city. Is our aid needed?" Secundus 2 asks the voice.

Secundus 3 remains doing what he was doing previously, near where Secundus 1 previously was.

Just in time

Sieg returns to the main room's cneter from the corner he had kneel on, Gugnir in hand.

@Drite

"Our numbers are down by 3, so it's not the time to just sit on your arse."

Sieg stenrly comments.

"Fiiiiine, i just wanted to play some board games, you know, have some fun. Can we at least play after we deal with them?"

Everyone who can sense the telltale sign of the mines exploding, seemingly not affecting the creatures. According to Secundus' analysis, they have a relatively humanoid frame, but they appear to be made of a singular, even mass of white magicules with only openings for eyes, which themselves are empty. Additionally, each possesses various trailing, bladed appendages.

"Uhhhhh." the voice is quiet for a moment, eventually responding with "They're listed in my records as the 'Angelos', with the note 'resilient little *******'."

As Silas descends down the tunnel, the walls slowly become covered in a layer of something organic, which eventually transitions to a luminescent, pulsing mass of dark green material, with various eyes and bone-like projections floating around within it.

As far as John can tell, the seafloor appears to be a sort of hyper-specialized mold. Its "breathing" is and indication of its respiration, which notably releases a dark liquid into the surrounding water.

"Welp, let's see if can hurt those fellas"

Meretrix says as she tries to see if they are sentient beings with minds, or that are pure magicules that are being controlled

"Mmm ... interesting", I murmur to then create psychic threads from my fingers and touch some points of that mold, using my psychometry to analyze it and trying to find out if it is dangerous, what it is made of and if it is necessary for local ecosystem.

Jakovich ponders the thought. Obviously, the mines aren't doing anything, and these guys are far from human. So...

Jakovich attempted a longer ranged modification, imbuing the exploding mines with immense, magicule power - if they were mage of magicules, then magicules were doubtlessly the tool to hurt them. With any luck, their numbers would be cut down before they arrived.

That must be the source. Better see if I can quarantine it.

I try making a barrier around the mass to separate it from its surroundings.

Secundus 1 readies Ruinous Wind, preparing it for the moment the creatures breach the field of mines. He also gives the mass in his body the order of: "attack when the enemies approach"

Secundus 2 looks at the body. "We will eliminate them then." He answers calmly, before moving to rejoin his other bodies.

Secundus 3 remains working on what he was doing previously for now.

" ... Angelos ... "Angels" ,,,"

Sieg thinks out loud,

The artifact user calls upon the Three Sacred Treasures and summon his army of thousands of phantasmal samurais, which exist from the building room and go confront the Angelos with their katanas.

Sieg doesn't expect them to emerge victorious, but this will give a reference point of the strenght of the enemies.

The creatures appear to be operating on pure instinct rather than any active intelligence, although even these unconscious actions may be controlled. Jakovich's amplified mine goes off, only not destroying the "city" due to Puppen's barriers, but annihilating the vast majority of the creatures. However, the dissolute remains of the destroyed Angelos appear to reconvene into a vastly larger specimen that beings to casually rip apart Puppen's barrier, allowing the weaker instances past the field of mines.

Despite this, the combined Angelos is far smaller than the overall combined mass would've been, indicating that most of them were completely erased, and they're still fairly far away from Sieg and his warriors, although a distinct hunger appears within their eyes as they spot him. Sieg also a sees a far more humanoid figure staring at the sky a few dozen meters away from him.

Immediately, the mass emits a woman-like shriek while meekly flailing itself around, although it puts up no real resistance to Silas' removal and doesn't seem to even realize he's there.

John finds that the mold is harmless, at least to Everymen, being a vastly mutated form of Cordiceps fungi. Additionally, the substance it releases is primarily composed of nitrogen and iron, providing a vast quantity of resources to the surrounding area that would otherwise be practically nonexistent.

Crunkle's homunculi detects Silas exiting a hole carved into a nearby building shortly before also sensing the mass reenter the atmosphere.

"OOOOPEN FIRE~!" Puppen's cheers out, all her Military-doll's get behind cover and open fire on the remaining creatures.

As he is still on his Odin state, Solomon decides to send his Einherjar to confront the Angelos, to see what they are capable of before going out himself. The melee oriented soldiers charge in, unafraid of dying while the archers fire from a distance with great precision, trying to take down the creatures.

These things certainly believe in strength in numbers

Solomon himself doesn't charge in with the soldiers, instead observing what happens from near the others.

Secundus 1 releases the prepared Ruinous Wind upon the creatures, utilizing what he learned about compressing magicules to target exactly them, additionally he orders the mass of flesh to attack.

Secundus 2, standing alongside Secundus 3, observe the situation for now.

I didn't expect it to start making noise.

I use magicules to amplify my eyesight and look at the atomical makeup of the mass to see if I find anything unusual.

"Welp, i am going to try something"

Meretrix than teleports near the entrance of the city and decides to steal the minds of everyone of them

@Dmua

"Mh ... let's go, this mutant mold is harmless and now it is part of this ecosystem, we have nothing to do here", I say and then go up to the surface with Abarim and close the hole.

"So, do we have to go find out why the continents are breaking away?"

... I think i already seen that thing before

Sieg mentally comments upon spotting the humanoid staring at the sky, sending one samurai to it to see what's it up to.

The rest Phantasmal Samurai charge alongside Solomon's Einherjar, as the Artifact user uses Failnaught to send an immense volley of sounds arrows against the larger angelos, while using the Eye of Horus to analyze them to try find their power level and weaknesses.

[BTW, current items are: Eye of Horus, Failnaught and Three Sacred Treasures, while still baving the Gognir from Solomon.]

Well, for one, that explosive sure as heck did it's worth.

Jakovich noted the Secundus' Ruinous Wind, and attempted to add his own explosive flare, amplifying the strike with magicule-fissionary properties, easily unstable and set to destabilize other magicules into a self-combusting mess. Perfect, for this creature that seemed to be entirely made of them.

Puppen's dolls are able to blow apart several of the Angelos seemingly beyond their ability to regenerate, but most eventually pull themselves back together. Just as Solomon's Einherjar engage the Angelos before the melee-oriented ones and a decent chunk of Sieg's samurai are almost immediately absorbed into them, Sieg sees that the Angelos aren't particularly physically strong but are highly adaptable and can become far stronger by combining together. However, the ranged Einherjar and the sound arrows are able to keep them from advancing especially quickly before they are all incapacitate by Meretrix.

At the same time, Samson's explosion destroys most of the remaining Angelos with Secundus' amplified Ruinous Wind completely wiping away even the intent of all the normal-sized ones and most of the combined one's body, engulfing the rest in a translucent fire. Oddly, the larger one rapidly regrows itself into a more human-like appearance, catching the fleshy mass within Secundus as it attempts to skewer it and violently yanking on it, effectively tearing out all of Secundus' bones and veins. This doesn't actually stop the mass from attacking it, instead allowing it to rapidly stab at the Angelos.

The mass doesn't appear to abide by normal atomic physics, instead being a vague soup of particles rather than any definable atoms or molecules.

Meretrix notices Secundus getting hit by the angelo

If this was another person i would be rushing towards them, but since Secundus said that he would be alright, i guess that he doesn't need my aid, however, that big boy is a problem

Meretrix than attempts to mind control the beast, trying to at least make it not move for the others to nuke him with attacks

I was hoping I could find something in there that would give me a hint on how to fix this.

"Hello?"

I try seeing if verbal communication with the mass is possible.

Puppen's spins. "MORE DAKA~!" Her dolls continue to fire at will while she looks for something to turn into a doll.

Secundus 1 attempts to reform utilizing Megrez's ability, while ordering the mass to continue its attack until the target is eliminated, then return.

Secundus 2 fires off another Runious Wind, compressed into a smaller area to increase its damage, on the larger creature.

Secundus 3 remains observing.

Jakovich grimaced as the mass continued it's charge forward. Well, it really didn't want to die, now didn't it?

How incredibly lame.

Jakovich decided to utilize his favorite technique, raising his gun-cane and firing but a single bullet up and into the air, aimed at the human-sized figure's face.

And then...

And...

Thousands of snakes burst from the bullet, raining down upon the human, each snake made of magicules and having been improved from the bullet! A writhing mass, to distract and weigh down the beast under snakes.

"Okay, we've waited long enough," I exclaim,to then wrap my body and that of Abarim with a barrier and teleport both of us to the stratosphere to see the current situation on the continents and find out if others are breaking away.

Solomon switches to his Ymir form, the soldiers all disappearing as he left the Odin form. He then attempts to flash freeze the large creature.

Realizing the big guy is still around, trying to kill Secundus, i make my way towards him and put my hand on the Grand Angelo, overheating everything in front of me to the point where it becomes quark soup.

Back