• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

There's a slight pause, after which the following text appears on-screen:

"Ah yes, I was waiting for you all. Let me just find..."

A stairwell leading underground opens up to the left of the terminal. It doesn't appear to be possible to guess how far it goes.

"...goddamn mind readers."

Jakovich huffed. "Who goes first?" The fearless leader inquired.

Sieg desummons the loaf of bread, while summoning back the Eye of Horus, and goes downstairs as swell.

"Let's hope it's not a trap."

Meretrix also goes downstairs

"It wouldn't surprise me if we all die on the next couple of seconds, give our luck"

Just before anyone enters the stairwell, several bands of light soar over from somewhere above, flowing into everyone. Oddly, one appears to "sputter out" and land somewhere further inland.

[Everyone has gained 2 stat points. The cap has been raised to 5]

As everyone goes down the stairs, the normal concrete and dirt is slowly replaced with a faintly luminescent, metallic substance. Eventually, it opens into a large room that resembles a server farm, although the exact dimensions of both the room itself and the spires within appear inconsistent.

A low-pitched, screeching sound that seems to be coming from all directions then appears, but somehow words are heard through the chaotic noise.

"I imagine that I have some explaining to do, but first: would you like to actually see me, or not?"

"I mean, why wouldn't you show yoursefl? We are used to ugly people" Meretrix says as she looks to Jakovich, she also starts to scan the area around them

"We should probably know what you are before you show yourself, don't you think?"

There's a short moment of silence.

"W-well, uh......lets just make it simple and say that I'm not human, physically anyways..." there's another short pause, "...ok that's......not a lie, but not true either. I'm not even sure the exact specifics of what I am anymore, but a good comparison is to an Artificial Intelligence. I still have some parts of a human body, I was asking because its not exactly a pretty sight-"

There's a distinct, harsh beep from nearby.

"What now?"

[meanwhile...] Crunkle finds himself floating on a lake. Oddly, the ground in the distance appears to be rapidly approaching the sky.

"Just make yourself comfortable and keep talking."

Meretrix gives a big sigh, clearly being tired of just fighting over and over

"What happened? Someone is attacking someone and we need to go there and kill them?" Meretrix asks in a bored tone, clearly not wanting to deal with another fight

Sensing Trixie's state, I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry, you don't have to fight if you don't want to," I say telepathically.

"I mean, seeing that some of you got something similar to my main offensive power, i guess that i don't mind staying and chatting with mister non human here if you people don't mind, but i guess that i can provide some shields for you"

Meretrix said, albeit there was no hope in her tone since she expects the others, to not let her be out of the fight, if there is one

"Well this is an odd situation to say the least" Crunkledunk says to himself as he manifests homunculi and puts his intelligence to use to try and identify the divide s of where he is and what the hell is going on around him.

[@Triforce there's a couple of reasons for it being Cognito over Cogito if you want to know]

"Well, the Juan de Fuca Tectonic Plate is now a meteor, but it isn't going to hit us or really anywhere near here, and the North American Plate just became 10% smaller. Anyways, I had detected that The Third Eye's combined bunker had disappeared, and I was a few months ago that I should be expecting 'some very important people.'"

Crunkle's Homunculi and deductions show him that he's in the middle of an inland sea, sitting directly in the middle of North America. The tilting appears to be several very large chunks of the North America Tectonic Plate being forcibly moved and shifted, with the one he's on even being pushed down into the upper mantle of the earth. He also sees a very large rock flying up into space a few thousand kilometers away.

"Well, we are those very important people, what do you want?"

Meretrix rudely asks the non human being

Solomon silently listens to the discussion, content in letting the others talk to the inhuman being for now

He thinks back to the increase of power they just got from the bands of light, it reminds him of the one he got inside his personal reality that upped his apitutde, and wonders if there was some way to help increase the apitutde of the others that weren't in their personal realities

Solomon does the big think to find out how to raise everyone's stuff ovo

"Wait, go back... America is getting smaller? Is it being suddenly ripped apart now?"

"I appear to be having minor bodily issues. Damn century puberty. It is an unfortunate situation to say the very least- but hey there is nothing I can do, unless.." Crunkledunk points his finger up and summons a homunculi who flies to outer space and starts transmitting radio frequencies that can be tuned into across the planet.

"I feel like we should wait before blowing shit up."

I say while wondering how the motocycle helmet i have is still intact, or how i even got one in the early 1900s.

"In regards to my relation to The Third Eye, I don't really have much of one, simply that I was indirectly created by them and permitted to operate independent of them. A western part of the North American plate is being shattered into various pieces and forced around, but it shouldn't be a real issue, since any actual damage is happening in the opposite direction of us. Regardless, I was actually expecting twelve people. Would you happen to know what happened to the other two?"

Solomon finds that he can simply raise others to his level with a thought.

The homunculus is able to manifest and transmit the radio waves, but they are seemingly "sucked" into a large, black cloud that was floating over Africa. Immediately afterwards, several tendrils, spines, and natural weapons of an odd coloration, almost as though it doesn't exist within the conventional spectrum, are launched at the homunculus at extreme speeds.

"We haven't seen them since the base was destroyed."

"That sounds like a real issue to me. As far as i am aware and care, we should be stopping any major damage, or at least as much as we can... how did this even happen anyway?"

Back