• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Moving Day (Game Thread 3)

"Do you know if the impact of the tectonic plate will involve victims shortly after the crash or for a chain effect? You know ... it was not only the impact of a meteorite that killed the dinosaurs ... but also the effects it has caused, "I ask artificial intelligence.

"Well, we are supposed to be the last hope of humanity, so we should destroy the meteor. I know that, like, there is less than 1 million people left, but that is why we should care about other people, we need every one of them alive more than never"

Solomon uses the power of think to raise the apitude of the rest of the group that was with him up to his level

"We should likely handle the meteor problem, yes."

"I see, that's worrying. Also, the chunk of earth would've been reduced to an impact comparable to a nuclear armament or two by the time it actually lands, rather than a full-on Chicxulub. Even if it wasn't, any significant remaining human presence is far enough underground to not have to care."

Everyone feels a rush of something vaguely identifiable as power

Secundus remains quiet and listening. He tries to use his newly improved processing power to attempt to better identify the thing residing within his body.

"... We can't let the world just be torn apart more when we have the power to stop it. You're something like a robot, so you wouldn't understand, but, back in our day, humanity had a pride in their land. This world, given to us by God, was meant to be protected. Maybe more from ourselves than anything else back then, but, just because the enemy has changed doesn't mean we should give them an inch."

Abarim points to the ceiling, standing as straight as he can and towering over his allies.

"If we can help it, let's stop that meteor, and put America back together!"

Uh, the second power boost in a row, odd.

"Mind sharing with us your current objective and what you are tring to accompling right now ?"

Sieg asks the A.I..

"I mean, Secundus here problaby doesn't know or feel anything of what you said. Also, i don't think that God exists, and if he does, let me quote a movie here real quick, do you think that he lives in heaven because he fears what he has created?"

"Is something as simple as a religious debate going to stop you from stepping up? We all have reasons to be here on this Earth, and to not let something as small as a meteorite hit it."

@DMUA

"An event on the nuclear scale isn't really important when the world is already a complete wasteland."

Sieg comments.

There's a distinct thud, not unlike someone hitting their head on a desk.

"Fine. You people do whatever, just remember that the mines are back in place. I'm not entirely sure what caused it, but it appears to have been caused by some sort of light landing in the middle of the inland sea."

"Aaaaaanyways, my current goal is to remove as many abnormal creatures from earth as possible. Normal humans have zero defensive or offensive options against them, so this is one of the only solutions."

Secundus finds that whatever was inside of him appears to be composed of the same random assortments of flesh as the creature back at the base. Now that he's able to perceive it, it should be simple to remove.

"Okay, here's the plan ... I will stop the tectonic plate and create a containment field, after which we will destroy the large boulder safely"

"If we just let our world get pummeled like this, it's never going to get better. We should be pushing against the darkness, and refuse to let anything else stop us from putting everything back to how it used to be."

He hears the face desk, and the following response.

"... I suppose it does seem like a waste of time practically. Even so, after being unable to save Everett, or anyone at the base, I need to show to all that can see that we can fight, and we will."

"Well, me and whoever would be so kind as to join will be back soon. Can someone take care of the mines again?"

Now that Secundus can see it properly, he attempts to modify his physiology so that the thing inside of him does not impair his motor functions any longer, though he does not try eject it.

Another of his bodies approaches Meretrix. "What did Abarim mean by "pride in their land"?" He asks.

"Okay, let's go destroy that tectonic plate," I say placing a hand on Abarim's shoulder.

"But if you do another rant on patriotism or any divinity, I swear I throw you on the moon," I exclaim in an irritated tone.

Puppen's chuckles. "You sure he wouldn't do that to you instead, my fellow actor~?" She says with a grin before spinning away.

Having said that, I teleport with Abarim directly to the tectonic plate in flight.

With a simple gesture I stop it telekinetically while creating a psychic barrier three times the size of the plaque.

"So, did you destroy it from here or do you want me to throw you like a baseball?", I ask.

John finds that his teleportation only takes him just outside of the "city", nearly appearing directly on top of another mine.

Abarim takes a step back from the mine, careful not to accidentally step into another one.

"... We should have expected this."

Abarim crosses his arms and lets himself be lifted.

"Oh, I guess I never answered your question with the commotion. I think it would be more profound to destroy it from the ground."

Seeing through the homunculi's eyes Crunkledunk tries to examine what this strange cloud is and makes the homunculi start to move away- taking a better look at the occurrences of the planet as he does.

@Hl3

"Alright, makes sense."

"Though, how exactly were you accomplishing this ? You aren't what one could call mobile and we haven't seen any offensive armament either."

Sieg continues asking.

I stare at Abarim for a few seconds and then turn around.

"I go alone, follow the thread to return to the place where the others are", I exclaim creating a visible psychic thread.

Abarim lands on his feet and looks at John.

"... Everyone here is so jaded, aren't they. Well, if I plan on having an infectious spirit, I can't do it in one action. Very well."

Abarim takes in his surroundings. He has no idea where any of the mines are, but, a few alterations and that won't be a problem.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. By just altering things so the action goes into Abarim instead of whatever mines he makes contact with, none of them should set off. From there on, Abarim runs at full speed, onward onto the outskirts of the field.

I breathe a sigh and then fly and follow Abarim.

"Okay, you can destroy the plaque ... but only if you follow my plan," I say telepathically.

"I suggested this mission in the first place. Shouldn't that make me the leader?"

"No, leadership is obtained either by vote or by a combination of tactical and charismatic skills ... and we both lack one of those qualities"

"I don't do much, really. That minefield outside is enough to deter anything small enough to really care about the city, so mobile defenses aren't needed most of the time. I mostly spend my time brainstorming, as you would refer to it." the voice responds.

Abarim's attempt to circumvent the mines succeeds. Secundus is rather easily able to modify himself such that the mass isn't even an inconvenience.

As far as the homunculus can tell, the cloud is some sort of automated magicule construct as well as fast enough to only barely allow the homunculi to escape it's grasp, for now at least. Crunkle himself sees three figures fly by in the distance.

Silas sees the large chunk of earth falling in effectively slow-motion, as well as feeling significantly smaller than it should have been, only being a few dozen kilometers across.

"Well, an important part of getting things done in teamwork is taking initiative and moving things along, so, that's 2 on my end and 1 on yours."

As he eventually leaves the minefield way behind him, he slows down and looks to the sky.

"This spot should be good. Here's the plan I'm thinking of; you get a grip on it via your telekinesis, and when I punch it, make sure whatever's left doesn't cause any trouble for the planet."

Back