• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cognito Ergo Sum: Falling Action (Game Thread 2)

"I mean, there is no beast to threat us now, like, even if it is the Calm before the storm, it is am instant where we are not in danger so we can talk to eachother"

"...We won!"

Man, I'm awesome.

He floated over to Kelpie-Arm. "So what's all the fuss abo- woah, what is that?"

"See what? A boring person is all i am seeing"

Meretrix says, still Sulky about Secundus' indiference

"I am a weapon, not a person. There is no combat at the moment, so now I am analyzing the surroundings and myself to understand the situation."

Secundus finds that at least some of his brain died for whatever reason, as he's paralyzed by the waist down and can't smell anything. Silas' Kelpie makes a slight rumbling noise.

A humanoid figure appears from the ground behind John, bearing a malevolent grin and appearing to be "boil" somewhat.

"Correct!"

With a lazy motion, it strikes him hard enough to visibly dent his entire back and sends him flying dozens of meters away. Silas' Kelpie instantly splits down the middle, revealing a mass of disjointed flesh and human organs in the vague shape of what it used to be, although it appears to have disconnected from him. Immediately afterwards, immensely powerful jets of blood shoot from the flesh-Kelpie at everyone.

I grab the jet of blood shot at me with my other arm and crystallize it mid-air into a spear that I chuck at the abdomen of the figure that smacked John.

Secundus just looks around surprised, he doesn't move as he is still in Megrez, allowing his body to regenerate from the attacks. Secundus continues analyzing his state, trying to discern why the harm he has sustained has not yet been regenerated and what is causing the red vision.

Abarim punches the stream, and then tests to see if magicules can exit his body now by altering the viscosity of the blood to the point of being completely unable to flow

"JOHN!"

Meretrix screams as she uses her telekinesis to stop his movement and quickly heal him from his injuries as she summons the barriers around everyone once more, as she tries to read the mind of the mysterious man, immediately knowing about its strongest technique.

Oh my ******* non existant god, we can't just take a break, can we?!

@Pheenie

Meretrix than notices Secundus still in the same place and not moving an inch

"Hey, i don't want to sound rude, but shouldn't you do something to help us here Secundus?"

Meretrix says, in a sligthly panic tone

"I appear to be paralyzed from the waist down." Secundus calmly replies, he tries to use what power he can to displace space, twisting the attacks back towards the attacker.

"Well, this is really ******* great"

Meretrix tries to analyze what is happening to Secundus, while trying to heal him

"Protect the others." Secundus replies upon seeing that Meretrix is trying to heal him.

"Megrez is not repairing this damage for some reason, so it is unlikely you will be able to either."

"Argh, fine, but if it is something with your mind, i can try to fix it."

Meretrix says as she stops healing Secundus and focus on the other Everymen

"Just make sure to warn me if you need my assistance Secundus"

"Trixie? What shattered my back? And above all ... it has one to which I can repay the kindness of the gesture!?", I ask in a very pissed tone as I try to suppress the pain.

@Faruel

"Focus on your well being! You may want to do that, but i don't think that you'll do well if you engage him on physical combat"

Meretrix answers, in a desperate tone

Solomon intensifies the heat aura and uses it along with magicules to stop the blood attack. He then plants the blade into the ground, causing a pillar of flames to emerge from the ground under the humanoid attacker of John

"It's just one thing after another today."

Sieg switches his bow for the Exacalibur.

"Excalbur !"

He shouts while swinging the holy weapon downward, realeasing a giant blast of light against the blood jet of the flesh-Kelpie and it itself, which because of light having heat based-capabilities should be able to affect it past the invulnerability if it has it like the normal one.

Meanwhile, he uses the Eye of Horus to try analyze the humanoid being.

"You sure must hate our guts to do all of this mess just to kill us."

The artifact user comment to it.

"-Ack!"

He rose his cane quickly as a response, firing a shot to his side and blasting himself away from the burst of blood.

Meanwhile, he directs energy into healing and restoring John back to reasonable health, improving his physical state.

Secundus finds a mass of something that replaced a decent chunk of his brain and nerves throughout his body, but he can't put a description or name to it. Despite this, he can tell that the masses aren't doing anything and that his abilities aren't recognizing it as something to remove.

Silas' blood spear causes the mid-section of the figure to disappear in mangle of intestine-like structures, but quickly regenerates. Meretrix is unable to find anything but a list of pre-prepared insults before she feels as though some force is crushing her head from all directions, which is visibly folding around the minute creases of her skull. Puppen's dolls cause large holes to appear within the figure, and although it is rapidly regenerating, they are able to maintain the damage.

Meanwhile, Abarim finds that his magicules are behaving oddly, but is able to effectively stop the blood jet that was targeting him, with a rather loud sizzling coming from Samson and Solomon's barrier. Solomon's flames appear below the figure, instantly burning it to a crisp, but it continues its movement and maintains its form regardless. Sieg's attack causes what appears to be the head of the flesh-Kelpie to be cleanly removed, by a short instant later a massive amount of brownish-orange flesh and various organs explode upwards in a collumn that extends past the horizon and creates a "BOOM" loud enough to cause serious internal damage to everyone except for Samson and Abarim.

Jakovich's healing allows John to return to peak health almost instantly.

Meanwhile, the figure doesn't directly attack, merely remarking that Meretrix "talks too damn much" and chuckling to itself. The flesh-Kelpie starts throwing massive, tens of kilometer-wide spines, blades, and jets of various bodily fluids all over the surrounding area from well above the cloud layer, with the storm that encompassed the area turning a deep shade of red and smelling of old rust.

"Kelpie what are you doing, calm down!"

I try using the blood that went into the figure's body when I attacked him with the spear and he regenerated as a weapon. I attempt to put the magicules into a loop of constantly forming spikes in order to continuously injure him despite his recuperative abilities.

Secundus attempts to test if these masses have had any unique effects on his body or senses.

Secundus moves his bodies by generating magicules that push him, before unleashing Ruinous Wind at the figure from body 1 and body 2, and generating buds, launching them to attack the figure, from body 3.

As the blood stops, Abarim sees Meretrix's head being crushed, and runs over to nullify the force, saving her from the damage.

"It's starting to look like your powers are more effective against you than whatever you actually use it against."

Abarim cracks a small smile, before using an inverse square cancelling punch against the figure.

Feeling better, I get up in the air while looking around, my mood is always bad.

I cover myself and my companions with ten layers of psychic barriers before trying something extremely damaging.

Then I take a deep breath, beginning to create microscopic telekinetic barriers of the size of an atom.

I create enough to fill an area of one kilometer, except for the points where the others are.

"Psychic Armageddon!", I exclaim, making the bubbles expand with a dismantling effect.

I punch away at the projectiles throw by the Kelpie 2. Using my magicules, i perform a pseudo flight towards the Kelpie, throwing an explosive punch towards the nearest portion of it i can find.

@DMUA

"You know, i am starting to see that it really is the case"

Meretrix says as she naturally heals herself from the damage, while providing healing for eveyone affected by the internal damage.

While she tries the same attack that she used on the beast, making a giant ball of purple energy that is launched at the enemy, while the phsyical damage is minimal, the attacks focus on attacking and destroying the mind of targets

Jakovich took a leap forward and modified the air around the Kelpie, forming a barrier around it of magicule-modified air to compress and hold in all the blood and gore, before suddenly shrinking and attempting to crush it, just before the many other attacks landed.

"...is this a daily occurance, men? Since I've only been awake for an hour, and this seems very excessive!"

Sieg coughts up blood

"I'll .. take that as a yes."

The artifact user switches the Eye of Horus, which failed yet again, to the The Three Sacred Treasures, using the power of the items to summon an army of thousands of phantom samurais, which start shotting arrows against the projectiles of the Kelpie.

Meanwhile, the white haired man switches back his weapon to the Failnaught, firing sounds "arrows" towards the humanoid being at a machine gun rate, while mixing in a few blood greatarrows formed from that still on the ground, which are infused with an intense voltaic charge with magicoule control.

Solomon winces slightly from the internal damage

The figure is pretty resilient, maybe the horse should be the main priority for now.

Raising the sword to the sky, flames fire into the air from the sword, all the way up through the clouds. Solomon then swings the blade down, the massive gout of flames that protruded from the sword slicing down through the clouds, and proceeding into the horizon.

Silas' blood spikes hinder the figure's movement for a second before it seemingly disassembles itself around them and continuing to move as what resembles a grotesquely enlarged nervous system. The flesh-Kelpie makes a sort of groaning noise, exploding into scorching mist well before any attacks even hit it and seemingly in spite of Jakovich's barrier.

The figure continues to tank and regenerate through the various attacks thrown at it, with John's Psychic Armageddon actually destroying most of its form momentarily and the multiple Ruinous Winds pushing it backwards somewhat, but it suddenly looks towards Silas, appearing interested in something behind him. Secundus finds himself unable to make real progress.

Out of nowhere, the warping of the surrounding environment is rapidly undone and actually overcorrected somewhat, requiring it to be moved back. Behind him, Silas feels a familiar presence put his hand on his shoulder. It was Everet, and within everyone's minds he speaks:

"You all need to leave. This thing doesn't even want to fight you, it was simply looking for me. Head for New York City, you'll find allies there."

Around his head is what appears to be an ornate crown of black light, radiating a feeling of transcendent power.

Back