• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Second22

They/Them

Ibuki kicked elevator

In Calc uses 100% steel, which generally elevator wall have different wall thicknesses and type.
  • The thickness of steel used for elevator car walls can vary depending on the specific elevator design and building codes and regulations.
    • Stainless Steel Designer Sheets for Elevators, Thickness: 1-5 mm
    • Wall panels are the largest part of the elevator cab. They come in a variety of shapes, finishes and arrangements and are applied to your cab wall. Popular materials for panels include patterned stainless steel, mirror, or plastic laminate. Stainless steel is often used in elevator panels because it is exceptionally durable, easy to clean, and versatile. Besides, it also enhances lighting effects. (source)
    • Elevator cab interior materials comprise stone, glass, wood, treated metal, especially stainless steel, or laminate. (source) It might not even be made of steel.
    • Etched Stainless Steel Sheet for Elevator Cab Thickness: 0.4mm - 3.0mm
  • Use Yield strength of Stainless Steel (215 MPa) for lower values
  • Excessive guesswork The impact is as high as 100000 joules. The hole may be small or not very deep. 100000 joules is too much for an elevator dent.
  • Elevator walls are not just steel. The outer cladding, The fireproofing layer, The insulation layer, The inner cladding. The energy varies according to the structure.

Ayanokouji Speed blitzes Ichika

This may or may not be a downgrade as I haven't been following Classroom of the elite in Novel.
  • "Ichika is a white roomer, meaning she was trained from birth and she should atleast be subsonic by blitzing martial artists and seen as a "blurr"." Where are the references?
  • Is this "No way" really speed blitzed? I haven't seen any context that actually blitzed.
  • The average human perception is 0.2 - 0.13. I don't understand why subsonic perception is used. Can a character's movement count as perception?
Agree: cloudyagami (With Ap, still believed subsonic but not calc), PartialPriority54 (With Ap), mastrad1234, Shiroyashaaa (With Ap), Doggo (With Ap), StorytellingDemonKing (With Ap and With speed is not subsonic), Fikriskps, DrasticallyExemplified (with AP), ShionAH, 1st_Virtue_of_Pure_Void, ShionAH

Disagree: Shiroyashaaa (With speed), Doggo (With speed), DrasticallyExemplified (With speed)

Last edited:
For the elevator calc, those are the least of your problems. Biggest problem here is assuming the shape of the indent above all else. That's all I have left to contribute to this calc which is already riddled with low-quality scans.

For the elevator calc, those are the least of your problems. Biggest problem here is assuming the shape of the indent above all else. That's all I have left to contribute to this calc which is already riddled with low-quality scans.
Ah yes, I typed about the depth or size of the hole, but you're right.

Ibuki kicked elevator

In Calc uses 100% steel, which generally elevator wall have different wall thicknesses and type.
  • The thickness of steel used for elevator car walls can vary depending on the specific elevator design and building codes and regulations.
    • Stainless Steel Designer Sheets for Elevators, Thickness: 1-5 mm
    • Wall panels are the largest part of the elevator cab. They come in a variety of shapes, finishes and arrangements and are applied to your cab wall. Popular materials for panels include patterned stainless steel, mirror, or plastic laminate. Stainless steel is often used in elevator panels because it is exceptionally durable, easy to clean, and versatile. Besides, it also enhances lighting effects. (source)
    • Elevator cab interior materials comprise stone, glass, wood, treated metal, especially stainless steel, or laminate. (source) It might not even be made of steel.
    • Etched Stainless Steel Sheet for Elevator Cab Thickness: 0.4mm - 3.0mm
  • Use Yield strength of Stainless Steel (215 MPa) for lower values
  • Excessive guesswork The impact is as high as 100000 joules. The hole may be small or not very deep. 100000 joules is too much for an elevator dent.
  • Elevator walls are not just steel. The outer cladding, The fireproofing layer, The insulation layer, The inner cladding. The energy varies according to the structure.
I agree 100% with this. I never agreed with the scale i even commented on it if I remember correct

Ayanokouji Speed blitzes Ichika

This may or may not be a downgrade as I haven't been following Classroom of the elite in Novel.
  • "Ichika is a white roomer, meaning she was trained from birth and she should atleast be subsonic by blitzing martial artists and seen as a "blurr"." Where are the references?
  • Is this "No way" really speed blitzed? I haven't seen any context that actually blitzed.
  • The average human perception is 0.2 - 0.13. I don't understand why subsonic perception is used. Can a character's movement count as perception?
Agreed with this as well

As for Speed? You have a contribute acceptance of Subsonic+ speed. what do you think about downgrade

I was under the assumption that the people she was blitzing weren't ordinary fighters.
She's not an ordinary fighter. but that's the reason That gave she subsonic perception too?

For example, The average person can generate kicks that travel at 60-mph (26.8224 m/s). So normal humans also have 0.037 s perception?, Even if they actually move at FTE speed, they also have FTE perception?

Also I believe Ayanokoji speed blitzing is still viable. He wasn’t trying to knock her out, rather constrain her. When he burst forward, he released Ichikas grip from Kushida and had his hands on ichika. Only then does she respond with the no way and instinctively tries to defend herself and Ayanokoji finishes the job on constraining her.

All n all i always believed Ayanokouji is low Wall level and "Subsonic, possibly higher" speed since he definitely has FTE statements along with Yagami and Ichika also

I understand their FTE movement now, but there's a perception issue, they might be downgraded to subsonic.

Hm, I agree with Ibuki downgrade.
But Amasawa has subsonic combat speed and assuming the max distance she needed to move at least 1 meter to break Kushida's arm the calc would be:
(34.3/1) * 5 = 171.5 m/s (Subsonic+)

I've seen this plenty of times when large groups of people are blitzed, only 1m per person is assumed, but yea not sure.
So, not sure what to say about the Ayanokouji downgrade.

Hm, I agree with Ibuki downgrade.
But Amasawa has subsonic combat speed and assuming the max distance she needed to move at least 1 meter to break Kushida's arm the calc would be:
(34.3/1) * 5 = 171.5 m/s (Subsonic+)

I've seen this plenty of times when large groups of people are blitzed, only 1m per person is assumed, but yea not sure.
So, not sure what to say about the Ayanokouji downgrade.
Amasawa Biltzed Kushida. And then Ayanokouji continued Biltzed Amasawa?

Is there any indication that Amasawa was actually moving at FTE speed while breaking Kushida's arm?

Is there a Context Subsonic of Amasawa too? I haven't read the novel yet. I don't know who is who. or who is doing what

Amasawa Biltzed Kushida. And then Ayanokouji continued Biltzed Amasawa?

Is there any indication that Amasawa was actually moving at FTE speed while breaking Kushida's arm?
She was trying to compete with Ayanokouji to see if he can save Kushida before she breaks her arm, so she had to be going at a high speed. And we know that ichika can reach subsonic combat speed casually from blitzing Horiktia whilst holding back. Horiktia herself said that Amasawa was just "playing" with her the whole time, she'd at least be somewhat serious when testing Ayanokouji (a fellow whiteroomer like her).

So, Amasawa is already subsonic and assuming she had to move 1 meter to break Kushida's arm (although, if anything it'd be a lot lower since she already had Kushida in a hold but let's go along with it anyway)
Time taken for Amasawa to break Kushida's arm: Distance/Speed = 1 (assumed)/34.3 (Ichika's combat speed) = ~0.0291s

Considering Ayanokouji restrained Amasawa before this happened, the timeframe should be slightly lower than the ~0.0291s (which in the calc is shortnened down to 0.029s). Hence time taken for Ayanokouji to restrain Amasawa would downscale from 0.0291s.
Distance is 5 meters (as stated in the LN)
Ayanokouji's speed: 5/0.0291 or 5/0.029= ~171.8 m/s or ~172.4 m/s (subsonic+).

So, yea, I don't think the speed result would change all that much as the only other way to calc this feat would be t0 assume a distance of 1 meter or less.

But well, there's a lot of "what if" in this argument, so I'm neutral overall on the removal of subsonic+ for Kouji.

I agree, however, with your wall level claim.

Last edited:
various human movements, postures arm swing Resulting in high speed But anyway, broken arm? Didn't Kushida try to resist at all? Catching exertion, I think the speed acted on that lock. Not as fast as the speed of swinging the arm because of different movement postures

Also, Ayano lunged in before Amasawa was about to change her stance to twitch her arm. So the distance was probably under 5 meters because Amasawa didn't immediately react to Ayano's charge. Speed is based on her reaction speed. Before moving, the slower she reacts, the slower that speed is.

looks too predictable, even if not Downgrade anyway, put Possibly will look better.

various human movements, postures arm swing Resulting in high speed But anyway, broken arm? Didn't Kushida try to resist at all? Catching exertion, I think the speed acted on that lock. Not as fast as the speed of swinging the arm because of different movement postures

Also, Ayano lunged in before Amasawa was about to change her stance to twitch her arm. So the distance was probably under 5 meters because Amasawa didn't immediately react to Ayano's charge. Speed is based on her reaction speed. Before moving, the slower she reacts, the slower that speed is.

looks too predictable, even if not Downgrade anyway, put Possibly will look better.
She didn’t react immediately because Ayanokoji stopped her before she had to chance to break Kushidas arm. This is Amasawa we’re talking about. She was raised in the whiteroom to be merciless. After she was stopped by Ayanokoji, she became flustered and reacted instinctively. Once she moved to attack Ayanokoji, he finished the job by putting her in the same arm lock that she had put Kushida in. Ayanokoji then tells her the reasons why he never sought out the other whiteroom student was because he never considered them a threat.

Under 5 meters? I think it is quite the opposite; 5 meters was only the distance between Ichika and Koji. Koji then had to move an additional distance in order to grab Ichika's arm and free Kushida. And from what I've understood, Koji lunged in as Amasawa changed her stance, meaning it was at the same time not before.

Under 5 meters? I think it is quite the opposite; 5 meters was only the distance between Ichika and Koji. Koji then had to move an additional distance in order to grab Ichika's arm and free Kushida. And from what I've understood, Koji lunged in as Amasawa changed her stance, meaning it was at the same time not before.
Unrelated. The two are already close to each other. The speed is based on Amasawa's speed response. So there's probably a 0.2 to 0.013 time for her to react to Koji's dash because she'll break Ichika arm when the Koji dashes towards her. It wasn't that she broke Ichika arm before Koji lunged. This caused Koji to lunge first. and the distance is less than 5 meters.

So Koji's speed will depend on Amasawa's Perceptions speed, not her Combat speed.

Unrelated. The two are already close to each other. The speed is based on Amasawa's speed response. So there's probably a 0.2 to 0.013 time for her to react to Koji's dash because she'll break Ichika arm when the Koji dashes towards her. It wasn't that she broke Ichika arm before Koji lunged. This caused Koji to lunge first. and the distance is less than 5 meters.
That is not my point. I am not arguing what perception time should be used for this feat. I'll leave it to the experts to decide that. My premise is that the distance is not lower than 5 meters as you claim. In fact, I believe there is more than 6 meters of total movement so this is actually a lowball.

Your reasoning for the distance being less than 5 meters away was that Koji dashed before Ichika set in motion. However, I disagreed to that because it is clearly stated "as" proving that Ichika set in motion at the same time as Koji started to dash. Most of the things you said are non-sequitur and is legit hard to follow.

Even if you disregard that, Koji moving additional distance should probably make up for the distance you claim that he already travelled before Ichika set motion (not that I agree with it).

Disagree with the speed downgrade but I agree with the AP downgrade for now. I'll wait for more input.

Last edited:
Your reasoning for the distance being less than 5 meters away was that Koji dashed before Ichika set in motion. However, I disagreed to that because it is clearly stated "as" proving that Ichika set in motion at the same time as Koji started to dash. Like most of the things you said are non-sequitur and is legit hard to follow.
If Koji wants to lunge at Amasawa, it is likely that she will react when Koji charges at her. Reaction time refers to the amount of time it takes for an individual to respond to a stimulus, and in this case, the stimulus would be Koji charging towards Amasawa. Depending on the specifics of the situation.

It was unlikely that the two could actually move at the same time since Amasawa was waiting for Koji's move.
That is not my point. I am not arguing what perception time should be used for this feat. I'll leave it to the experts to decide that. My premise is that the distance is not lower than 5 meters as you claim. In fact, I believe there is more than 6 meters of total movement so this is actually a lowball.
Even if you disregard that, Koji moving additional distance should probably make up for the distance you claim that he already travelled before Ichika set motion (not that I agree with it).
That won't help get 5 or 6 meters if the Koji is dashing first. I never said that the 2 distances initially were less than 5 meters, but I meant that Koji moved first causing her reaction distance used for calculations to be under 5 meters.

Also, that's Koji's estimate distance. It's true that the two are next to each other, so 6 meters can't be used when Amasawa is close to the 5 meter estimate. Calculating perception, even if it was 6 or 5 meters, the speed would not be much different. But it couldn't take what Koji charged first. Makes the distance increase to only 1 meter that can be compensate

If Koji wants to lunge at Amasawa, it is likely that she will react when Koji charges at her. Reaction time refers to the amount of time it takes for an individual to respond to a stimulus, and in this case, the stimulus would be Koji charging towards Amasawa. Depending on the specifics of the situation.

It was unlikely that the two could actually move at the same time since Amasawa was waiting for Koji's move.
How does this apply here? The whole point of this calculation was that she could not react to Koji...Ichika isn't reacting to any stimulus.

Actually it is the other way around; it is Koji that was waiting for Ichika to move. The whole point of him blitzing Ichika was to save Kushida. Koji wouldn't necessarily have to make a move first because he would need to see Ichika actually trying to break Kushida's arm. It also clearly says "as". I don't see the point of arguing this when it is apparent in the scan. Could you provide evidence that he actually moved first because nowhere in that scan states this.

That won't help get 5 or 6 meters if the Koji is dashing first. I never said that the 2 distances initially were less than 5 meters, but I meant that Koji moved first causing her reaction distance used for calculations to be under 5 meters.

Also, that's Koji's estimate distance. It's true that the two are next to each other, so 6 meters can't be used when Amasawa is close to the 5 meter estimate. Calculating perception, even if it was 6 or 5 meters, the speed would not be much different. But it couldn't take what Koji charged first. Makes the distance increase to only 1 meter that can be compensate
You should try to ask a calc member about what perception time should be used. I actually want this thread to proceed. Then you can discuss the distance.

How does this apply here? The whole point of this calculation was that she could not react to Koji...Ichika isn't reacting to any stimulus.

Actually it is the other way around; it is Koji that was waiting for Ichika to move. The whole point of him blitzing Ichika was to save Kushida. Koji wouldn't necessarily have to make a move first because he would need to see Ichika actually trying to break Kushida's arm. It also clearly says "as". I don't see the point of arguing this when it is apparent in the scan. Could you provide evidence that he actually moved first because nowhere in that scan states this.
I'm talking about some situations. which of course it is possible Furthermore, this will be up to the Calc member to make decisions. I'm just offering another way to downgrade Koji's speed. In the OP, I typed May be or May be not.

You should try to ask a calc member about what perception time should be used. I actually want this thread to proceed. Then you can discuss the distance.
I've tried sending this thread to another Calc member, so wait for them to respond to this.

would this put the verse back to 9-C or is there any other calcs?
I don't follow Novel at all like I said. So I don't know at that point. But

“She kicked the same place again. The elevator wobbled slightly, but showed no sign of actually moving.”

This feat will probably bring Calc, but I'm not sure how much energy it gives since the elevator just wobbled slightly.

I don't follow Novel at all like I said. So I don't know at that point. But

“She kicked the same place again. The elevator wobbled slightly, but showed no sign of actually moving.”

This feat will probably bring Calc, but I'm not sure how much energy it gives since the elevator just wobbled slightly.
Honestly the fact she made the entire elevator shake makes me think the calc is a bit more valid, because an elevator ranges from 2,100 to 6,000 pounds (about 454 to 2,722 kg). The elevator’s floor dimensions, material, and support structure all plays a role in this figure. For her to not only dent, but also shake the entire elevator there had to he some real power behind the kick. When Kouji said "but shows no signs of actually moving" i think he's referring to the elevator actually having power again and moving from the kick, but didnt work like she planned.

Back