• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, so in the recent calc for Shiba, he was bumped at the level of supersonic, making both Tsukishiro and Ayanokouji supersonic too.

But the question which I would like to see your views about is, "Should the WR students be supersonic too?"

Why Ichika should be supersonic?
  • Was able to be FTE for a normal eye even in her crippled state, meaning that she should be far above that in a healthy state. Horikita (Suzune) even mentioned that when she performed the feat, she was on the verge of getting done, but still took both Ibuki and Horikita (Suzune) with ease.
  • Is easily more trained than any normal student in ANHS.
  • Punched Kushida so hard that she couldn't even process Ichika's movement.
  • Was stated to be able to defeat Shiba, who himself performed this feat. This was stated by Takuya. He also added that the only reason why Ichika resisted would have been because of the aftermaths of Shiba's influence.
  • Broke the sound barrier while smacking Kushida? (The calc for this is here, but it isn't evaluated, but I can say for sure that she did break the sound barrier)

Why Yagami should be supersonic?
  • Blitzed Ichika who was in a healthy state. Ichika was scared when she was around him, she even didn't blink and had her guard up all the time, but still got blitzed.
  • Ayanokouji himself stated that Yagami is 30, Ichika is 20, meaning that Ayanokouji also believes that Yagami is superior to Ichika.
  • Tsukishiro made him barely any inferior to the ANHS key Ayanokouji, even though we know that ANHS key Ayanokouji is stronger than Tsukishiro and should be stronger than Yagami because of him having Level 10 and beta curriculum experience under the belt, we can't possibly deny that Yagami should be at least comparable to Tsukishiro, if not superior.

What would happen if WR students are supersonic?
- The verse would have its highest tier, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, as someone who is hypersonic. Let me show you why:

The previous calc by W1bba^2 in which he calculated the speed of Ayanokouji to be 172.4 m/s (subsonic+) used the reaction time as 0.029 seconds which is subsonic as Ichika was scaled at subsonic before. But as soon as Ichika becomes supersonic, the feat calc would use 0.00265 seconds as the reaction times which is supersonic. So, the new calc where Ayanokouji blitzes Ichika at the speed of 5 meters, would have the final result to be 5/0.00265 = 1886.79245 m/s (hypersonic).

Personally, I think both Ichika and Yagami should be supersonic. Not only that, but Yagami should be supersonic at the very least, while Ichika can possibly be argued to be around transonic at the very least, and baseline supersonic if we consider some other possibilities.

To keep it short, I would like you to use this format:

Ichika:
The speed I think she should be:
Reason (optional):

Yagami:
The speed I think he should be:
Reason (optional):

Read this comment on this thread for information (it is important ngl, and has scans from the LN itself): https://vsbattles.com/threads/white...mp-classroom-of-the-elite.153071/post-5741647

Agree (9): @RoggerReggor (With both becoming supersonic), @Clout5560 (With both becoming supersonic), @Idc.violet (With both becoming supersonic), @DrasticallyExemplified (With both becoming supersonic), @Emirccan (With both becoming supersonic), @DeltaStriker22 (With both becoming supersonic), @Shyster (With both becoming supersonic) @Second22 (With both becoming supersonic), @Viott (With both becoming supersonic)
Disagree (0):
Inconclusive (0):
Staff Input (1): @Mr._Bambu (With both becoming supersonic)

Last edited:
I ain't reading three pages, and since it seems largely uncontroversial amongst those who have responded, I will assume this is a safe instance of corner-cutting on my behalf.

I will state my general analysis immediately: you cannot become Supersonic in rating without performing some Supersonic feat, which as far as I can tell has not been done.

Speaking on the specific arguments:

* "Was able to be FTE for a normal eye even in her crippled state, meaning that she should be far above that in a healthy state. Horikita (Suzune) even mentioned that when she performed the feat, she was on the verge of getting done, but still took both Ibuki and Horikita (Suzune) with ease." This is upscaling, not an outright Supersonic feat.

* "Is easily more trained than any normal student in ANHS." More trained does not necessarily mean faster, certainly not to such an insane extent.

* "Punched Kushida so hard that she couldn't even process Ichika's movement." That's... what? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Punching so hard implies that they just... dazed them?

* "Was stated to be able to defeat Shiba, who himself performed this feat. This was stated by Takuya. He also added that the only reason why Ichika resisted would have been because of the aftermaths of Shiba's influence." What is "this feat"? The FTE thing?

* "Broke the sound barrier while smacking Kushida? (The calc for this is here, but it isn't evaluated, but I can say for sure that she did break the sound barrier)" This has a good argument going for it, definitely, but it is not evaluated.

* "Blitzed Ichika who was in a healthy state. Ichika was scared when she was around him, she even didn't blink and had her guard up all the time, but still got blitzed." FTE feat, not inherently Supersonic and we don't upscale that sort of thing to any extent that would achieve Supersonic.

* "Ayanokouji himself stated that Yagami is 30, Ichika is 20, meaning that Ayanokouji also believes that Yagami is superior to Ichika." I don't understand this at all, I'm assuming I'm missing context.

* "Tsukishiro made him barely any inferior to the ANHS key Ayanokouji, even though we know that ANHS key Ayanokouji is stronger than Tsukishiro and should be stronger than Yagami because of him having Level 10 and beta curriculum experience under the belt, we can't possibly deny that Yagami should be at least comparable to Tsukishiro, if not superior." Are any of these individuals considered Supersonic at present?

* "What would happen if WR students are supersonic?
- The verse would have its highest tier, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka, as someone who is hypersonic. Let me show you why:

The previous calc by W1bba^2 in which he calculated the speed of Ayanokouji to be 172.4 m/s (subsonic+) used the reaction time as 0.029 seconds which is subsonic as Ichika was scaled at subsonic before. But as soon as Ichika becomes supersonic, the feat calc would use 0.00265 seconds as the reaction times which is supersonic. So, the new calc where Ayanokouji blitzes Ichika at the speed of 5 meters, would have the final result to be 5/0.00265 = 1886.79245 m/s (hypersonic).

Personally, I think both Ichika and Yagami should be supersonic. Not only that, but Yagami should be supersonic at the very least, while Ichika can possibly be argued to be around transonic at the very least, and baseline supersonic if we consider some other possibilities."
I believe this is calc stacking and is totally unacceptable on this wiki. 'pologies.

If the "breaking the sound barrier with a punch" calc is deemed to be legit, then I would agree with this rating based on that alone. A lot of the points in this thread are... questionable, and others are just downright indecipherable (if you'd like to give me some context on those, I'd appreciate it).

I ain't reading three pages, and since it seems largely uncontroversial amongst those who have responded, I will assume this is a safe instance of corner-cutting on my behalf.

I will state my general analysis immediately: you cannot become Supersonic in rating without performing some Supersonic feat, which as far as I can tell has not been done.

* "Was able to be FTE for a normal eye even in her crippled state, meaning that she should be far above that in a healthy state. Horikita (Suzune) even mentioned that when she performed the feat, she was on the verge of getting done, but still took both Ibuki and Horikita (Suzune) with ease." This is upscaling, not an outright Supersonic feat.

* "Is easily more trained than any normal student in ANHS." More trained does not necessarily mean faster, certainly not to such an insane extent.

* "Punched Kushida so hard that she couldn't even process Ichika's movement." That's... what? I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Punching so hard implies that they just... dazed them?

* "Was stated to be able to defeat Shiba, who himself performed this feat. This was stated by Takuya. He also added that the only reason why Ichika resisted would have been because of the aftermaths of Shiba's influence." What is "this feat"? The FTE thing?

* "Broke the sound barrier while smacking Kushida? (The calc for this is here, but it isn't evaluated, but I can say for sure that she did break the sound barrier)" This has a good argument going for it, definitely, but it is not evaluated.

* "Blitzed Ichika who was in a healthy state. Ichika was scared when she was around him, she even didn't blink and had her guard up all the time, but still got blitzed." FTE feat, not inherently Supersonic and we don't upscale that sort of thing to any extent that would achieve Supersonic.

* "Ayanokouji himself stated that Yagami is 30, Ichika is 20, meaning that Ayanokouji also believes that Yagami is superior to Ichika." I don't understand this at all, I'm assuming I'm missing context.

* "Tsukishiro made him barely any inferior to the ANHS key Ayanokouji, even though we know that ANHS key Ayanokouji is stronger than Tsukishiro and should be stronger than Yagami because of him having Level 10 and beta curriculum experience under the belt, we can't possibly deny that Yagami should be at least comparable to Tsukishiro, if not superior." Are any of these individuals considered Supersonic at present?

Personally, I think both Ichika and Yagami should be supersonic. Not only that, but Yagami should be supersonic at the very least, while Ichika can possibly be argued to be around transonic at the very least, and baseline supersonic if we consider some other possibilities."
I believe this is calc stacking and is totally unacceptable on this wiki. 'pologies.

If the "breaking the sound barrier with a punch" calc is deemed to be legit, then I would agree with this rating based on that alone. A lot of the points in this thread are... questionable, and others are just downright indecipherable (if you'd like to give me some context on those, I'd appreciate it).

In assessing the contentiousness of this thread, it is important to note that it has generally been met with widespread acceptance, making it less controversial in some cases. To provide the necessary context, let's consider the following points:

Firstly, it is observed that Kushida was unable to keep up with Ichika due to her exceptional speed. Additionally, there is a statement suggesting that Ichika wisely chose not to engage in a confrontation with Shiba, as resisting would have resulted in a significantly worse outcome. This implies that Ichika possesses the capability to hold her own against Shiba, but succumbing to his attack would have severe consequences.

While there is no explicit evaluation of Ichika's feat of breaking the sound barrier, there is a considerable consensus supporting this notion due to its consistent portrayal. Furthermore, the fact that she is able to engage in combat with Shiba appears to strengthen this argument. It’s also important for you as a calc group member to check it out. You said it has a good argument. So recheck it and please give us your input.

Ayanokouji has stated that the whiteroom students, including himself, possess cognitive processing speeds in their twenties and thirties, far surpassing Ichika's level. This claim is reasonably consistent with the narrative, as Ayanokouji effortlessly blitzed Ichika. Which means he’s 5x faster bare minimum.

At present, characters such as Shiba and Tsukishiro are regarded as Supersonic, and based on this assessment, it is believed that Ichika and Yagami also possess supersonic abilities, enabling them to confront these formidable opponents.

The methodology employed in presenting these arguments can be considered as 'calc stacking.' Alternatively, a more reliable approach could involve utilizing a baseline transonic perception or a speed of 343.

Using a calculation of 1/308, we derive a value of 0.0032. When multiplying this value by 5, we arrive at 1540.0000032 (Supersonic+).

Similarly, employing a calculation of 1/343 yields a value of 0.00291. Multiplying this value by 5 results in 1715

Last edited:
In assessing the contentiousness of this thread, it is important to note that it has generally been met with widespread acceptance, making it less controversial in some cases. To provide the necessary context, let's consider the following points:

Firstly, it is observed that Kushida was unable to keep up with Ichika due to her exceptional speed. Additionally, there is a statement suggesting that Ichika wisely chose not to engage in a confrontation with Shiba, as resisting would have resulted in a significantly worse outcome. This implies that Ichika possesses the capability to hold her own against Shiba, but succumbing to his attack would have severe consequences.

While there is no explicit evaluation of Ichika's feat of breaking the sound barrier, there is a considerable consensus supporting this notion due to its consistent portrayal. Furthermore, the fact that she is able to engage in combat with Shiba appears to strengthen this argument. It’s also important for you as a calc group member to check it out. You said it has a good argument. So recheck it and please give us your input.

Ayanokouji has stated that the whiteroom students, including himself, possess cognitive processing speeds in their twenties and thirties, far surpassing Ichika's level. This claim is reasonably consistent with the narrative, as Ayanokouji effortlessly blitzed Ichika. Which means he’s 5x faster bare minimum.

At present, characters such as Shiba and Tsukishiro are regarded as Supersonic, and based on this assessment, it is believed that Ichika and Yagami also possess supersonic abilities, enabling them to confront these formidable opponents.

The methodology employed in presenting these arguments can be considered as 'calc stacking.' Alternatively, a more reliable approach could involve utilizing a baseline transonic perception or a speed of 343.

Using a calculation of 1/308, we derive a value of 0.0032. When multiplying this value by 5, we arrive at 1540.0000032 (Supersonic+).

Similarly, employing a calculation of 1/343 yields a value of 0.00291. Multiplying this value by 5 results in 1715
Are you Shiro on discord?

I was actually saying that it was not contentious. It has been met, insofar as I can tell, with general approval.

You mention a "consistent portrayal" of breaking the sound barrier, could you provide some evidence of this claims? This is an anime, yes? Are there clips? More explicit written bits, maybe? That said, as a calc group member I can indeed evaluate calculations- however, I am under no actual requirement to do so to every calculation I come across. I may, I may not. I try to ration my time on here sparingly.

Again, I need elaboration on what "20s and 30s" means. Is this a ranking system? A unit of speed? Regardless, we do not give specific higher ratings for "blitzing", afaik, it's just vaguely higher than what speed rating is otherwise achievable via calculation or standard feat. The fact that these characters are known for blitzing others of similar stature but did not blitz Ichika is also an oddity.

yes, but in general the issue is that a few characters take scale from supersonic characters. feats have been made in this regard because there is already an accepted supersonic calc, and 5 characters stand supersonic
Mr._Bambu said:

Kushida said that she literally heard the sound a little later, and as she fell to the ground and watched the sky, she said, "Did I just get punched?" she questioned himself
Mr._Bambu said:
"this feat" - Shiba's supersonic calc has been accepted. Tsukishiro and Shiba are currently considered Supersonic. Yagami is superior to Shiba, and Ichika is at least equal to him. another reason is that they need to be able to defeat Shiba so that they can get a mission from the white room and come to ANHS. Because it was stated in WR that getting the best result out of everything is the minimum expectation, and if they give a failed result, they are kicked out of WR. Also, Ichika stated that he could deal with Ayanokoji for Yagami in a 1-on-1 fight with him. However, Tsukishiro had no chance against Ayanokoji. Even the fact that Ayanokoji asked Kiryuin to stall Shiba for only 1-2 seconds shows that he is confident that he can defeat Tsukishiro very quickly.
Mr._Bambu said:
This is the overall score of the white room students' abilities out of 100: he himself stated that it was 100. Ichika is 20 and Yagami is 30.
Mr._Bambu said:
Tsukishiro and Shiba are considered supersonic

In addition, people who are not from the white room, such as Manabu and Kiryuuin, are also considered supersonic. It must be said that Yagami and Ichika are faster than them. even the two of them don't even have a chance against them

Alright, definitely some useful information in there, thank you.

I have just one more question at the moment, I think: you say some of these things as if they are basically a given- for example, "It must be said that Yagami and Ichika are faster than them. even the two of them don't even have a chance against them". Why is it, then, that a CRT is needed to make it so, if this is self-evident somehow?

I have just one more question at the moment, I think: you say some of these things as if they are basically a given- for example, "It must be said that Yagami and Ichika are faster than them. even the two of them don't even have a chance against them". Why is it, then, that a CRT is needed to make it so, if this is self-evident somehow?
actually, characters like kiryuuin are still not finalized.
Kiryuuin managed to keep the shiba, whose speed was at least Supersonic, for 1-2 minutes. and was able to follow the fight or moves before getting involved in the fight. Manabu attacked close enough to cause Ayanokouji to say "close call".

Ichika could have resisted the Supersonic shiba as Yagami pointed out, but she didn't even try. moreover, even though there is no evaluation yet, he has a success against kushida.

Although generally everyone agreed, we thought it would be better to get staff approval as we wanted this to be finalized and not go down again after the upgrade.

it must be for approval. if you ask 100 people who has read the novel, all of them can say that Yagami and Ichika are faster than Kiryuuin. One is a physically gifted high school student, the other two are the product of an institution that has been providing education beyond human limits physically and mentally since the moment they were born. People just expect evidence like "Yagami is faster than Kiryuuin" or Shiba or Tsukishiro, but this is already obvious in the eyes of the series. in any case, Ichika did not respond to Shiba to avoid punishment. And there are arguments that Yagami is also above Shiba. Despite this, Kiryuuin got quite tired even while holding Shiba for 1-2 minutes

Thanks for the long-written comment and giving this thread its first staff input after a time-being. 🙏

The specific arguments you are talking about have most of them for the purposes of making people understand. This thread at first, was hard to believe because I didn't have much scans for Ichika but only Yagami, that's why most of the arguments can be also useless. I will put a "(useless)" before answering for each, and then, I will just put a reason for why I put that argument at first.

Yes, this thread was made a long time ago. I had a few discussions with my friends, and they said that I should mention stuff which she was able to do while being in a near crippled state too, so that, people could gain ideas that she could be upscaled higher than that.
(most likely useless) The verse is based on two stuff, if we were talking about .
1. Training
2. Genius

The character we are talking about possesses both Training and Genius, there are many characters who are able to do stuff like lifting 80 kg heavy man with purely being genius in the physical. And yes, this verse has the concept of the "insane extent", while the character whose upgrade is the most important and has really physical strength (lifting strength) not up to the verse standards, her AP and Speed is mid-high or possibly high tier. Characters with genius can do stuff like give tennis serves at bullet/cannonball speeds (specifying both bullets and cannonballs because of different translations), dodge attacks which are calculated to be subsonic of more than 100 m/s with ease, so Ichika should be much higher than that. The verse has the concept of training > genius, training + genius > training > genius. The white room, the facility itself is said to polish students so much, that even a person who isn't genius can likely surpass human limits. (terminating this here...)
No, Kushida was punched very hard that she didn't even realize that she was smacked until she started feeling pain. All she heard was a dry, out-of-place sound which echoed through the forest and thought that it was because of wind, wind here should much likely be overpressure which is generated in sonic booms while the sound should be the boom. In the next page, she said, "I only registered the sound of something being struck a little afterward.", which likely confirms it.
No, Shiba is the guy who is supersonic and this thread is all because of him, I forgot to link "this feat", sorry for that, it is this one. Basically, it is a supersonic feat evaluated by both Flashlight237 and KLOL506 and applied to the verse as well after a CRT. Yagami is the other guy who can be upgraded through this thread, and he knows how strong he is, while this thing can have various interpretations, Yagami did say that Ichika could fight back against Shiba. The verse has White Room characters as the fighters who can dodge attacks based on mere instincts, and it has been shown a few times by the White Room characters, Shiba should much likely be like that, and even hitting him once should be a big feat. Characters like Ayanokouji can play "untouchable" and be never attacked.

Shiba is supersonic due to "The sound of his fists, balanced with a slight delay, reaches out to my ears dryly." statement, Ichika has a "I only registered the sound of something being struck a little afterward.". While "a little afterward" grammatically seems like more than "a slight delay" I would say that even keeping both has equals will give Ichika a supersonic speed.
Yes, it was just then that this thread started getting a lot of backlash on platforms such as Discord and some YT comments, Clout5560 helped me with finding scans for this statement, so yeah.

And I already explained this in my reply to the previous argument.
(unneeded) Possibly. Ichika was very scared against him and had her guard up all the time. It's even mentioned here:
"Amasawa, who was being vigilant with the intention of avoiding it at all costs, didn't let her guard down, but she still couldn't react."

I actually got the idea of this from the line in the reactions and perceptions page which states - "If character A can blitz character B, A's movement speed may be scaled to B's reaction speed."

(needed) Also, Yagami is already stated to be much faster than Ichika, so there's no need to debate about it.
(unneeded) Basically, Ayanokouji made a power level in his own mind of what other white roomers' strengths can be:
Ayanokouji himself: 100
Yagami: 30
Ichika: 20

Basically, he implied that Yagami > Ichika himself.

Yes, Tsukishiro and Ayanokouji both.

Ok, I just took the stuff from the previous calc because Ayanokouji blitzed Ichika before she could even notice him, so usage of perception speed was done, no problem though.
I don't think there is any question of legitimacy in it, it is actually a stated feat, but still, I will explain it.

Pr69adC.png

Though a "dry, out-of-place sound" echoing through the forest can be said to be anything, the reason Kushida gave for it seems like it is a boom, and it is right after the "SMACK!!!" stuff which is, an attack. The reason she gave for what the sound could possibly come from says "an overbearing sound of wind". I don't think wind makes sound which are like that. The wind most probably feels like the overpressure caused by the sonic booms which can make even trees go berserk.

And now, this likely confirms it:
IZQQYOX.png

"I only registered the sound of something being struck a little afterward, and before I knew it, I was already on the ground looking up at the cloud, overcast sky."

The registering of sound after being struck is much like Shiba's feat in which he also made a slight delay between the sound and the strike.

I hope it was understandable. 🙏

it must be for approval. if you ask 100 people who has read the novel, all of them can say that Yagami and Ichika are faster than Kiryuuin. One is a physically gifted high school student, the other two are the product of an institution that has been providing education beyond human limits physically and mentally since the moment they were born. People just expect evidence like "Yagami is faster than Kiryuuin" or Shiba or Tsukishiro, but this is already obvious in the eyes of the series. in any case, Ichika did not respond to Shiba to avoid punishment. And there are arguments that Yagami is also above Shiba. Despite this, Kiryuuin got quite tired even while holding Shiba for 1-2 minutes
Generally speaking new profiles don't need a CRT for universally accepted ideas unless they are Tier 1 or something else outrageously high. Nevertheless, I appreciate y'all trying to do this as a formality, especially when it did not get a proper looking-at until now.

I think, based on everything I've been told and seen thus far, that the proposal for a Supersonic speed rating for these characters is very acceptable. You have my permission to apply such a speed rating when the character profiles get made, under the reasoning of upscaling from other Supersonic characters and from implicitly causing a sonic boom themselves with a punch.

Good luck.

Generally speaking new profiles don't need a CRT for universally accepted ideas unless they are Tier 1 or something else outrageously high. Nevertheless, I appreciate y'all trying to do this as a formality, especially when it did not get a proper looking-at until now.

I think, based on everything I've been told and seen thus far, that the proposal for a Supersonic speed rating for these characters is very acceptable. You have my permission to apply such a speed rating when the character profiles get made, under the reasoning of upscaling from other Supersonic characters and from implicitly causing a sonic boom themselves with a punch.

Good luck.
Thank You for the evaluation!

Good luck.
As it has been clearly stated in the light novel, do I need opinion of some other calculation group members? Or editing the profile would be alright?

Thanks for the evaluation. 🙏

Good luck.
As it has been clearly stated in the light novel, do I need opinion of some other calculation group members? Or editing the profile would be alright?

Thanks for the evaluation. 🙏
Also, if this seems fine, and the upgrades can be done, should the thread be closed, or it needs for staff input? If yes, and if 'Super Moderators' can close thread, please close this one, I don't think there's a further need for any kind of discussions.

Any moderator can do it, though "Super Mod" is just a slightly higher rank of Admin- an honorific of sorts.

The thread can be closed, and I will do so. Feel free to put through the upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back