• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach - Passive Hax from Reiatsu

Not to mention the attack reflection, the rest seems fine, since the negation of hax is something that should be discussed.

I still have absolutely 0 Idea how Ichigo getting hurt from trying to attack Kenpachi suddenly means its attack reflection. It was a simple case of one's Reiatsu being overpowered by the other greatly since at that point Ichigo's spiritual pressure was nothing compared to Kenpachi's, so of course Ichigo would get hurt by trying to clash with a far superior power. Matter of fact, because of the difference in Spiritual Pressures, Yachiru even said something like Ichigo's sword having no cut to it at all because it was so weak, hence why he couldnt cut Kenpachi.

I think Aizen vs. Ichigo is a good example of hax denial, Ichigo being superior to Aizen and destroying his kurohitsugi by hand, just after Aizen's evolution, he managed to hurt ichigo, and it was only superficial.

^ Not really hax denial.

I'd say everything but the paralysis and hax stuff is trope stuff (people getting scared by those far above them), and the hax stuff is debatable, we can't assume it applies to aaaaaalllllll hax, we can only judge it by what it's shown.

Things I have agreed so far:

• Stunning for Aizen (Doesn't seem to be passive from the example given)
  • Disintegration for Aizen (Doesn't seem to be fully passive either)
  • Reiatsu Sight
Being discussed:

• Attack Reflection
I reject:

• Hax NLF
  • Fear Stuff

Was Reiatsu sight ever in debate? I thought everyone accepted that.

Promestein said:
^ Not really hax denial.
I'd say everything but the paralysis and hax stuff is trope stuff (people getting scared by those far above them), and the hax stuff is debatable, we can't assume it applies to aaaaaalllllll hax, we can only judge it by what it's shown.
Yes, I agree with you. So this would not be a limited resistance?

Another example is also ichigo destroying pocket size of Yukio, after the use of his bankai, but I am still skeptical about it.

Some people say their is no such thing as reiatsu sight based off my time here..because Aizen said he controls 5 senses.

6423073-bleach-6232357

Paralysis/Stuning from Reiatsu isn't solely Aizen and it technically is passive, but characters restrain themselves. There are other examples of Captains doing it.

The disintegration is passive as well. Aizen restraining his Reiatsu still had the disintegration field.

Reiatsu Sight is basic stuff not limited solely on Reiatsu, it's called Reikaku too. Even pseudo-Shinigami Ichigo could do it in the first arc.

Attack Reflection is ehh, it doesn't reflect the attack. It's solely the impact is absorbed by the weaker side via Reiatsu mechanics.

Also what is the fear stuff? Like when Rukia was scared of Gin? I chalked that up to Reiatsu putting pressure on her to the point she was scared.

KazuiK said:
Another example is also ichigo destroying pocket size of Yukio, after the use of his bankai, but I am still skeptical about it.
This just means Ichigo's Reiatsu in Fullbring-Bankai could destroy an replica of Karakura Town.

The Reiatsu stuff I'd call Stunning more than Paralysis. Paralysis implies more like you being turn into stone, or literally being unable to move physically.

Pocket dimension destruction is not hax.

Matthew Schroeder said:
The Reiatsu stuff I'd call Stunning more than Paralysis. Paralysis implies more like you being turn into stone, or literally being unable to move physically.
Is not that petrification?

Matthew Schroeder said:
It's true that it doesn't actually paralyze, but at the same time it's more than stunning. It also fatigues the target as seen with Grimmjow. He was brought to his knees, couldn't move and had trouble breathing after it stopped.

I thought this is more like manipulating gravity, after all ichigo held on even after Byakuya exercised his reiatsu.

So, the Discussion Mods don't think that being literally crushed and/or disintegrated by the Reiatsu of a character far beyond you is a Verse Mechanic for Bleach?

Am I strawmanning? Because this is a large amount of scrutiny for such a simple aspect of the verse— and i'm talking about people being disintegrated by Reiatsu alone here, not sure about anything else. Why do you need fifty different examples of the same thing happening when it's clear that characters can accomplish what Aizen does if the gap in Reiatsu is great enough. It seems to me that you're trying to imply that there's some sort of special quality to Aizen's Reiatsu itself, instead of accepting the claim that this applies to the verse in general. While inconsistencies may break down this claim, it in no way proves that Aizen's Reiatsu is special and that this trait is exclusive to him, when we see Reiatsu do similar things in other scenarios without him being involved.

Am I wrong in this assessment?

Oof. I may have been ninja'd, because I might have gotten a further understanding of the positions presented after refreshing the page to see new stuff.

Literally vaporized? Certainly not, you would need to provide a lot more examples to get it accepted to people other than Aizen.

As for being stunned? Yeah that seems to be the case, but the Fear Stuff is just a Trope.

If Aizen is the only one that demonstrates something I won't apply it to anyone else. That is just common sense.

Aizen does have special immense Reiatsu, it's why he was one of the special war powers. No one's saying that being crushed by Reiatsu isn't a thing. We had just agreed on that and people were just talking semantics.

Reiatsu Crush is real. Saying that Reiatsu Crush literally vaporizes people is wholly incorrect. Aizen is the only one who's shown it and even then only against things ridiculously weaker.

KazuiK said:
Well, I actually believe this should also include other characters that use Reiatsu.
Why? Aizen's an outlier in terms of both quantity of Reiatsu and special powers. Him demonstrating an ability others don't have is hardly unprecedented.

Ichigo dangai reiatsu >> Aizen, should not this be applied to ichigo too? Aah, never mind, if that applies only to Aizen, then I will not disagree.

He's saying it'd be a stretch to say people who aren't Aizen can do it.

Back