• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach - Passive Hax from Reiatsu

Amexim said:
I'm perfectly calm. What are you talking about? Did I hurt your feelings or something?
This is the opposite of calm. I will ask you to stop. I don't want this thread further derailed and turn into a mess.

How is this the opposite of calm though? Maybe you're reading my words different than I intended them? Because I don't recall insulting you. In fact, my language suggests that I was more interested in clarifying things rather than being agreessive. If anything, you using this term "gish galloping" is more agressive than me pressing you in a debate.

Randomly going "Did I hurt your feelings?" is needlessly confrontational and conveys someone who is angry and trying to start a fight. It serves no purpose. And your other posts have expressed a similar structure.

Gish Galloping is a fallacy. Pointing out that your argumentation is fallacious either through that or the cavalier disregard for Burden of Proof is not insulting, it is being direct. It focuses solely on the debate at hand and the arguments therein, not on your person or whatever feelings you might or might not feel.

If proving a negative means what I think it means, then, yeah you can.

I can, theoretically, search the entire planet for the existence of Dragons on the planet currently, down to the atom if I must, and everywhere simultaneously if need be, and I would have proof that Dragons aren't on our planet.

I could have you search my body for a weapon right down to everything you can think of, and I wouldn't have it.

You're trying to claim that Aizen is the only person who can do this, instead of saying "only Aizen has done this." It's not meaningless semantics. Saying "ghosts don't exist" is making a claim. Saying there is no evidence of ghosts is evaluating someone else's claim.

This is still ignoring the fact that you're forgoing a "common sense" interpretation of what Aizen said and taking your own idea out of what you see instead of the complete picture.

Um Amexim, no it isn't.

Claiming Aizen is the only one who can do it is a negative, not a positive.

A positive is when someone claims X can do something while a negative is claiming X cannot do something.

Gish Galloping must be an informal fallacy, because it sounds like some kind of Australian insult or something. My bad for reading it that way? It's hard to detect tone over texts, obviously.

That sounds wrong. Because when I plug in "Only Aizen" to the positive part, it fits. Look:

A positive is when someone claims "Only Aizen" can do something. I don't get your point.

Anyone got a summation around before this fighting gets out of hand so we don't have to start all over?

I assume the regular paralyzing/stunning Reiatsu Crush applies to anyone with a notable amount of Reiatsu like a Captain and up.

The disintegrating Reiatsu applies to Aizen and SK Yhwach who never interacted with anyone besides Aizen and Ichigo. Doesn't scale to Ichigo who didn't have full control yet. However Ichigo would be resistant to the effects of regular Reiatsu Crush and disintegration per his fight with Aizen and SK Yhwach.

Soul Destruction to Aizen (I think this applies to SK Yhwach, but he already has Soul Destruction via Quincy abilities).

Reikaku Sight for all (a 6th sense).

Resistance to Hax Shown / Power Null. I think this is still being discussed, unsure.

I think they're argung about wether people similar to Aizen in power has the same reiatsu aura as him where it can disintegrate lesser beings.

Well... there aren't that many people comparable to Aizen when he was disintegrating people... Like only two guys and one of them doesn't have as good Reiatsu control.

Well, I did not read the entire thread. I just checked Matthew's comments at the end, due to the thread being highlighted. Perhaps my caution was unnecessary. Sorry about that then.

@IMade

Ichigo has some control over his reiatsu, he even said in his fight with Yhwach, but this does not apply to him.lol

I don't understand something, why is Haki treated differently from Ki or Chakra?

In that same context Reiatsu should be the same, and shouldn't be equalized.

Reason: "Reiatsu (Ú£èÕ£º, Spiritual Pressure) is the physical force/pressure that a person's Reiryoku creates when released."

https://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Reiatsu

The Reiryoku is the Ki/chakra energy in Bleach. Reiatsu which is part of the energy is the one that possess those hax abilities.

Reishi should be considered equal to Haki, since shinigamis, quincys, hollows can handle this and concentrate reishi.

KazuiK said:
Reishi should be considered equal to Haki, since shinigamis, quincys, hollows can handle this and concentrate reishi.
Reishi is literally spirit particles.

KazuiK said:
@Apple

I do not recommend using the wiki, use better evidence from the manga.
As I commented earlier, my phone 4G is shitz. Can someone post them for me?

AppleLord said:
I don't understand something, why is Haki treated differently from Ki or Chakra?

In that same context Reiatsu should be the same, and shouldn't be equalized.

Reason: "Reiatsu (Ú£èÕ£º, Spiritual Pressure) is the physical force/pressure that a person's Reiryoku creates when released."

https://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Reiatsu

The Reiryoku is the Ki/chakra energy in Bleach. Reiatsu which is part of the energy is the one that possess those hax abilities.
^^ Bump. Reiatsu is not energy, but "pressure" should it be treated as Ki and Chakra? (Same with Reishi which is spiritual matter, not spiritual energy.)

Haki does is give precog and statics amp, and limited Empathic manipulation with Conquerors Haki. There's nothing really similar with Haki and Chi groups.

AppleLord said:
^^ Bump. Reiatsu is not energy, but "pressure" should it be treated as Ki and Chakra? (Same with Reishi which is spiritual matter, not spiritual energy.)
Reiryoku would be treated as ki and chakra. Reiatsu would be the pressure it would give off. And reishi should not be treated as either since it's as you said spiritual matter not energy.

Link Eternal said:
Something that confused me is that no energy is referred to as Reiryoku once outside anyone's body iirc. Always Reiatsu.
Is referred as spiritual energy on fan translations. Viz uses Reiryoku. Reiatsu is the pressure and where the hax on the OP comes from.

Reiryoku = Spiritual Energy - It's the energy inside that is comprised of your soul.

Reiatsu = Spiritual Pressure - It's what Reiryoku becomes when it exists the body and/or conciously leaked out of your body (the pressure being applied on others).

Exactly, Reiryoku becomes an actual physical presence once outside the body, whether it is focused into a purpose or not.

- It crushes, like high gravity(effect varies on difference)

- It flows, like liquid/gas

- Like the effect of high gravity on liquids, with enough power the consistency will resemble a solid, making it diffficult to breath, difficult to move, difficult to stand.

Those with comparable levels would be used to the effects of their own Reiatsu, and thus can power through an opponent's.

The reiatsu is something basic that can be used to surpass the adversary of all the forms. Aizen already possessed deeds to override physical, technical capabilities and even disintegrate matter.

Yamamoto was reproducing heat enough to disintegrate the Soul Society. These are basic things.

Back