• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not true at all. There's a reason why certain attacks don't scale to the welders durability. Even in reality as well. Me killing an Elephant with a gun doesn't mean my AP or durability scales to the Elephant's. That's also why Kaguya's ETSO doesn't upscale Kaguya.
Comparing a gun to this is really a poor comparison. A gun does not take hits from someone who rip apart kilometers of land with air pressure of his swings. Sasuke's sword can.

Anyways the weaponry point is becoming a derail at this point

Piercing damage only goes so far. It’s not durability negation, you’re not gonna pierce a 5-B character with a 9-C sword.

Not to mention Naruto having tanked piercing attacks in the past, like others have brought up.
People also forget to mention that a literal nobody with a 9-C sword isn't gonna be able to cut people in half as easily as they think they could, you need a tremendous amount of strength to do so (Maybe if you had a big as blade with enough cutting edge you could do it but then you'd have to compensate for the blade being heavy which again brings us back to the wielder being mandated to be strong enough to handle the blade).

In essence, you can only wank a weapon so much before it literally becomes dependent on your own strength to be able to cut shit, if anything, actual applications show that blades only help you spread your own power more efficiently, it can't egregiously amp what you already got, unless of course it's made of a fictional supermetal that is near indestructible and can cut through anything (Wolverine's adamantium claws being one of them), realistically your own blade may shatter because of your own power.

Comparing a gun to this is really a poor comparison. A gun does not take hits from someone who rip apart kilometers of land with air pressure of his swings. Sasuke's sword can.

Anyways the weaponry point is becoming a derail at this point
Doesn't really apply to melee weaponry if no super-metals are involved or any case of weapon-amping is involved. Case in point, Blade of Olympus.

Yes, Damage, I am well aware of that. I have to tell people this all the time. Gaara’s sand being equal in AP and durability is an accepted mechanic that is on his profile.
Tbf, I don't rlly think that is the case, as Gaara's shield could withstand Kimimaro's strongest attack but he couldn't damage him with his strongest attacks.
Minato has far more anti feats than either of those other characters
Tbf, it's easy to argue that Minato got stronger as he battled against Black Zetsu Obito for several chapters offscreen, being able to keep up in base later despite not being able to take BZ Obito down in KCM which is a massive amp.

main-qimg-e2481d4523dd7b794f61aaf931251297-pjlq

Sasuke's sword depends on his power, it's literally the same sword he got from the beginning of Shippuden and it's effectiveness depended on how strong Sasuke was in relation to his opponents.

Considering Sasuke can clash with planetary beings with his sword id imagine it isn’t normal
That or he could be amping his weapons to a certain extent.

Not really that different from Kratos draining his godly powers into the Blade of Olympus and then taking it back again by the end of GOW2 and stacking it on top of his already-egregiously-powerful Titan amps that he used to shitcan the Sisters of Fate (Who are straight up stated multiple times by Cory Barlog himself to be the strongest beings in the Greek Pantheon save for Zeus), in order to take on Zeus (Which also doesn't work as Kratos is forced to take in Zeus's powers too and still loses the fight, requiring backhanded attempts to take him out, but even when Zeus forcibly took the blade temporarily, Kratos with the Titan Power amps was able to faze out BoO Zeus). But at that point Kratos no longer even needs the Blade of Olympus to take on the gods based on his performance with the Sisters of Fate and after being yeeted into the River Styx, the blade's original purpose was always to filter out the powers of its wielders.

Last edited:
That or he could be amping his weapons to a certain extent.

Not really that different from Kratos draining his godly powers into the Blade of Olympus and then taking it back again by the end of GOW2 and stacking it on top of his already-egregiously-powerful Titan amps that he used to shitcan the Sisters of Fate (Who are straight up stated to be the strongest beings in the Greek Pantheon save for Zeus), in order to take on Zeus (Which also doesn't work as Kratos is forced to take in Zeus's powers too and still loses the fight, requiring backhanded attempts to take him out). But at that point Kratos no longer even needs the Blade of Olympus to take on the gods based on his performance with the Sisters of Fate and after being yeeted into the River Styx.
Shin can also be affecting the sword with his MS in that same vein.

In that case. Momoshiki tank it from Sasuke's Katana and yet Fused Momo who dodge a multiple shuriken when Sasuke release seal scroll and throw it at his opponent in Anime and Manga. He could no sold against multiple shuriken but whatever.

This is IRRELEVANT, I quoted information that is not in the topic.

Oh, that's interesting, mind getting the scan of that from the novel.

your first paragraph describes the thing as exclusive to naruto, no reason to assume sasuke works the same. Naruto had all of his chakra ripped out in the last and survived a blast that made a hole in the moon.

More importantly characters have been impaled by receivers which block the bodies ability to Knead chakra, and survived hits after taht would kill average humans
The disease just prevents him from putting chakra into the tubes, it happened like Rikudō too, both were at the Human's level, simply due to the ausency of chakra. It's not something unique to them, it's just the effects of the ausency of chakra in the tubes.

I think at this point, the weaponry argument has grown redudant so I do ask that we move past that. Is there any other issues others have with the scaling to discuss?
I think Damage is sleeping, but I have a proposal that might satiate him on the Sakura Shin stuff.

I think at this point, the weaponry argument has grown redudant so I do ask that we move past that. Is there any other issues others have with the scaling to discuss?
Well, the weaponry thing started as part of the Sakura and Shin argument. One of the arguments in favor of Shin scaling was that he could stab Naruto with his MS ability, and then that turned into an argument about piercing damage, which then spiraled into the weaponry argument.

The difference is 2%, Code fight Borushiki has 2% more Momo downloaded into him. And Borushiki that fights Code physically overpowers him anyway, jutsu doesn’t matter here.
There is also difference in Chakra. Let's say we have two Borushiki with the same percentage downloaded, and one's Chakra tank is full while the other is virtually empty. What is the difference in physical power can they output; are you asserting that it is the same?

Weren't you just scaling based on Jigen being weakened due to lack of Chakra?
0038-038.png
0043-040.png

There is also difference in Chakra. Let's say we have two Borushiki with the same percentage downloaded, and one's Chakra tank is full while the other is virtually empty. What is the difference in physical power can they output; are you asserting that it is the same?

Weren't you just scaling based on Jigen being weakened due to lack of Chakra?
0038-038.png
0043-040.png
Borushiki’s chakra amount vs Sasuke vs vs Code shouldn’t be that different. Momoshiki’s chakra is far superior to Boruto’s. Plus no indication he was low vs Sasuke either.

That part of Sasuke's fight with Borushiki is kind of irrelevant now. I literally sent the reasons why Sasuke from gaiden was Inferior to Sasuke without rinnegan.

It won't get you anywhere to argue about Shin and Sakura, they both have no contradictory effect, I don't agree with either of them myself, but the only thing I can apply here is that it doesn't make sense, and that's far from enough to go against the proposed.

I can say that Sakura couldn't reach that level via having the greatest work ever recorded in her combat history with Kido, an anbu amplified by an immensely lower amount of chakra than Naruto, but it's possible that this just scales Kido to the same level as Sakura.

EDIT: Sorry, miss click

Feel free to have it written up and sent whenever you see fit.
This is IRRELEVANT, I quoted information that is not in the topic.

The disease just prevents him from putting chakra into the tubes, it happened like Rikudō too, both were at the Human's level, simply due to the ausency of chakra. It's not something unique to them, it's just the effects of the ausency of chakra in the tubes.

I'm not sure if that actually supports your reasoning. Not only is Naruto suffering a unique disease it seems, but it also never mentions him being at the level of a normal human from what I read. It even specifies that Naruto's fighting style relies on him drawing chakra from Kurama, and not that he draws it in automatically.

That part of Sasuke's fight with Borushiki is kind of irrelevant now. I literally sent the reasons why Sasuke from gaiden was Inferior to Sasuke without rinnegan.
I already explained why that doesn't line up.

There are numerous other counter examples to the novel thing you provided which I already mentioned

I'm not sure if that actually supports your reasoning. Not only is Naruto suffering a unique disease it seems, but it also never mentions him being at the level of a normal human from what I read. It even specifies that Naruto's fighting style relies on him drawing chakra from Kurama, and not that he draws it in automatically.
How not? unless you're not seeing the 3 scans, Literally it says in the first scan that he's at the level of an ordinary human, and it's also said that Kurama's chakra passed through his tubes without him wanting to.

I already explained why that doesn't line up.

There are numerous other counter examples to the novel thing you provided which I already mentioned
Where? in the topic you sent there is nothing that contradicts what the novel says. It is a fan analysis and interpretation vs Explanation and plot of an official novel reviewed by Kishimoto.

Borushiki’s chakra amount vs Sasuke vs vs Code shouldn’t be that different. Momoshiki’s chakra is far superior to Boruto’s. Plus no indication he was low vs Sasuke either.
Seriously?
Borushiki couldn't take in a tiny amount of Chakra without Boruto awakening, and the reason Borushiki was able to take control in the first place is that Boruto's Chakra was low.

Against Code, Boruto was voluntarily drawing upon Momoshiki's power until the drugs used to suppress Momoshiki's takeover failed. It wasn't a Chakra level issue.

Might as well scale Koji to full power Jigen.

Apologies if any of what I say has already been discussed. In which case you can ignore this.
Ok, so I looked through the OP again and at some of the arguments, and I just reread Gaiden.
  • Naruto is rusty, and Sasuke isn't at total capacity till the final showdown.
  • Naruto and Sasuke were weary of Shin because a random child having a dojutsu of a clan singled out to 1 person and a potential second one, Sarada, would be worrying. And Naruto further emphasizes that he has to be even more careful as he has a Mangekyo Sharingan.
  • The first feat used to scale Shin is him tanking Sasuke's lightning style, which could be argued as Sasuke simply trying to subdue him as he wants information.
  • This trend of Sasuke holding back continues as Sasuke switches positions with kid Shin to get both of them together, then uses fire style and states he would have them "reveal their secrets" as that single move would be enough to down them both.
  • Another point for them holding back is that Sakura had a perfect opportunity to take down all the Shins in their home base but chose not to as she knew Sasuke wanted information.
I will mention that Shin's MS ability, while not spectacular, is powerful.
It was able to make his blades tear through Kurama's cloak and stab Sasuke, and made Sasuke's sword pierce straight through Naruto.

I don't see any problem with putting Sakura at that level.
She has multiple statements and narratives backing her up to put her at KCM tier just from getting her Byakugou Mark. The 4th Databook has an entire page dedicated to telling us she isn't weak and is relative to the two, and The Last databook reiterates the same.
You may think that's inconsistent, but the feats she does solidify it:
  1. She believes she can supply Obito with more chakra than what he thought a clone of Naruto could give him, and she goes on to do just that.
  2. Sakura having that much chakra is significant because her whole fighting style utilizes her maximum amount of chakra in each punch.
    • So if she can produce as much chakra as Naruto while having some to spare (seeing as the mark did not disappear), she should logically be able to attack with the same strength. And the next feat shows just that.
  3. After that, she punches Kaguya hard enough to leave a bruise and break off one of her horns.
  4. She can react briefly to Bunny Kaguya's arms that Naruto explicitly calls fast and warns Sasuke about.
  5. In The Last, Sakura can refill Naruto's chakra reserves after pumping chakra into him for 3 days straight.
I believe Sakura should very much scale to Naruto and Sasuke, at least in their teenage forms. She has way too much proof to refute it simply because she doesn't jump into every conflict (She's primarily a doctor, and if both her and Sasuke die, Sarada would be an orphan, lol)

Last edited:
Apologies if any of what I say has already been discussed. In which case you can ignore this.
Ok, so I looked through the OP again and at some of the arguments, and I just reread Gaiden.
  • Naruto and Sasuke were weary of Shin because a random child having a dojutsu of a clan singled out to 1 person and a potential second one, Sarada, would be worrying. And Naruto further emphasizes that he has to be even more careful as he has a Mangekyo Sharingan.
  • The first feat used to scale Shin is him tanking Sasuke's lightning style, which could be argued as Sasuke simply trying to subdue him as he wants information.
  • This trend of Sasuke holding back continues as Sasuke switches positions with kid Shin to get both of them together, then uses fire style and states he would have them "reveal their secrets" as that single move would be enough to down them both.
  • Another point for them holding back is that Sakura had a perfect opportunity to take down all the Shins in their home base but chose not to as she knew Sasuke wanted information.
It was able to make his blades tear through Kurama's cloak and stab Sasuke, and made Sasuke's sword pierce straight through Naruto.

I don't see any problem with putting her at that level for the Sakura thing.
She has multiple statements and narratives backing her up to put her at KCM tier just from getting her Byakugou Mark. The 4th Databook has an entire page dedicated to telling us she isn't weak and is relative to the two, and The Last databook reiterates the same.
  1. She believes she can supply Obito with more chakra than what he thought a clone of Naruto could give him, and she goes on to do just that.
  2. Sakura having that much chakra is significant because her whole fighting style utilizes her maximum amount of chakra in each punch.
    • So if she can produce as much chakra as Naruto while having some to spare (seeing as the mark did not disappear), she should logically be able to attack with the same strength. And the next feat shows just that.
  3. After that, she punches Kaguya hard enough to leave a bruise and break off one of her horns.
  4. She can react briefly to Bunny Kaguya's arms that Naruto explicitly calls fast and warns Sasuke about.
  5. In The Last, Sakura can refill Naruto's chakra reserves after pumping chakra into him for 3 days straight.
I believe Sakura should very much scale to Naruto and Sasuke, at least in their teenage forms. She has way too much proof to refute it simply because she doesn't jump into every conflict (She's primarily a doctor, and if both her and Sasuke die, Sarada would be an orphan, lol)
THANK YOU!

I don't see any problem with putting her at that level for the Sakura thing.
this is like the best post so far regarding this topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back