• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if any of what I say has already been discussed. In which case you can ignore this.
Ok, so I looked through the OP again and at some of the arguments, and I just reread Gaiden.
  • Naruto is rusty, and Sasuke isn't at total capacity till the final showdown.
  • Naruto and Sasuke were weary of Shin because a random child having a dojutsu of a clan singled out to 1 person and a potential second one, Sarada, would be worrying. And Naruto further emphasizes that he has to be even more careful as he has a Mangekyo Sharingan.
  • The first feat used to scale Shin is him tanking Sasuke's lightning style, which could be argued as Sasuke simply trying to subdue him as he wants information.
  • This trend of Sasuke holding back continues as Sasuke switches positions with kid Shin to get both of them together, then uses fire style and states he would have them "reveal their secrets" as that single move would be enough to down them both.
  • Another point for them holding back is that Sakura had a perfect opportunity to take down all the Shins in their home base but chose not to as she knew Sasuke wanted information.
I will mention that Shin's MS ability, while not spectacular, is powerful.
It was able to make his blades tear through Kurama's cloak and stab Sasuke, and made Sasuke's sword pierce straight through Naruto.

I don't see any problem with putting her at that level for the Sakura thing.
She has multiple statements and narratives backing her up to put her at KCM tier just from getting her Byakugou Mark. The 4th Databook has an entire page dedicated to telling us she isn't weak and is relative to the two, and The Last databook reiterates the same.
You may think that's inconsistent, but the feats she does solidify it:
  1. She believes she can supply Obito with more chakra than what he thought a clone of Naruto could give him, and she goes on to do just that.
  2. Sakura having that much chakra is significant because her whole fighting style utilizes her maximum amount of chakra in each punch.
    • So if she can produce as much chakra as Naruto while having some to spare (seeing as the mark did not disappear), she should logically be able to attack with the same strength. And the next feat shows just that.
  3. After that, she punches Kaguya hard enough to leave a bruise and break off one of her horns.
  4. She can react briefly to Bunny Kaguya's arms that Naruto explicitly calls fast and warns Sasuke about.
  5. In The Last, Sakura can refill Naruto's chakra reserves after pumping chakra into him for 3 days straight.
I believe Sakura should very much scale to Naruto and Sasuke, at least in their teenage forms. She has way too much proof to refute it simply because she doesn't jump into every conflict (She's primarily a doctor, and if both her and Sasuke die, Sarada would be an orphan, lol)
šŸ

Apologies if any of what I say has already been discussed. In which case you can ignore this.
Ok, so I looked through the OP again and at some of the arguments, and I just reread Gaiden.
  • Naruto is rusty, and Sasuke isn't at total capacity till the final showdown.
  • Naruto and Sasuke were weary of Shin because a random child having a dojutsu of a clan singled out to 1 person and a potential second one, Sarada, would be worrying. And Naruto further emphasizes that he has to be even more careful as he has a Mangekyo Sharingan.
  • The first feat used to scale Shin is him tanking Sasuke's lightning style, which could be argued as Sasuke simply trying to subdue him as he wants information.
  • This trend of Sasuke holding back continues as Sasuke switches positions with kid Shin to get both of them together, then uses fire style and states he would have them "reveal their secrets" as that single move would be enough to down them both.
  • Another point for them holding back is that Sakura had a perfect opportunity to take down all the Shins in their home base but chose not to as she knew Sasuke wanted information.
I will mention that Shin's MS ability, while not spectacular, is powerful.
It was able to make his blades tear through Kurama's cloak and stab Sasuke, and made Sasuke's sword pierce straight through Naruto.

I don't see any problem with putting her at that level for the Sakura thing.
She has multiple statements and narratives backing her up to put her at KCM tier just from getting her Byakugou Mark. The 4th Databook has an entire page dedicated to telling us she isn't weak and is relative to the two, and The Last databook reiterates the same.
You may think that's inconsistent, but the feats she does solidify it:
  1. She believes she can supply Obito with more chakra than what he thought a clone of Naruto could give him, and she goes on to do just that.
  2. Sakura having that much chakra is significant because her whole fighting style utilizes her maximum amount of chakra in each punch.
    • So if she can produce as much chakra as Naruto while having some to spare (seeing as the mark did not disappear), she should logically be able to attack with the same strength. And the next feat shows just that.
  3. After that, she punches Kaguya hard enough to leave a bruise and break off one of her horns.
  4. She can react briefly to Bunny Kaguya's arms that Naruto explicitly calls fast and warns Sasuke about.
  5. In The Last, Sakura can refill Naruto's chakra reserves after pumping chakra into him for 3 days straight.
I believe Sakura should very much scale to Naruto and Sasuke, at least in their teenage forms. She has way too much proof to refute it simply because she doesn't jump into every conflict (She's primarily a doctor, and if both her and Sasuke die, Sarada would be an orphan, lol)
GoatkuKid

How not? unless you're not seeing the 3 scans, Literally it says in the first scan that he's at the level of an ordinary human, and it's also said that Kurama's chakra passed through his tubes without him wanting to.
I missed that part about the general public. But it doesn't say passes through without him wanting to. It says quite the opposite actually. It reads the Nine-Tails chakra only intentionally flows into his body when he lets it. It does mention a small amount always being present, but not that it's always passing through. It's more like Naruto's system is just permenatnly tainted then forever having a leak.

Again zero chakra naruto isnt depicted in any other material as "average human"

he wasnt vaporized by the moon hole blast, and even with pierced chakra recievers, which block chakra production, he can take hits that would kill average humans
It is not said in the last that he lost all chakra.

The tubes prevent production, but the chakra they have in the nets while they are pierced can still be used, see Hashirama's example, he used chakra even pierced, and only ran out after spending everything, he himself says he couldn't produce more, but still used what he had already produced.

I missed that part about the general public. But it doesn't say passes through without him wanting to. It says quite the opposite actually. It reads the Nine-Tails chakra only intentionally flows into his body when he lets it. It does mention a small amount always being present, but not that it's always passing through. It's more like Naruto's system is just permenatnly tainted then forever having a leak.
Yes, but this part of Kurama is not very relevant, I only mentioned it because it is the reason for the disease.

I'll summarize what I said here:

In the Retsuden series, which is a compound of 3 novels, it is mentioned that Naruto has a disease that prevents him from filling the chakra tubes, the way this happens is that every time he puts chakra into the tubes, he feels tremendous pain. So he spends almost all of the novel without using chakra, the tubes
become empty, which is why he is at the level of the average human as he has no chakra in the tubes. The novel literally shows that ninjas don't naturally have chakra in the tubes, as Naruto felt pain when he had them in the tubes, but he spent most of the time without having these pains (when the tubes were empty), simple.

If there were any other times he was reportedly at 0 chakra in the tubes and he had above-average human feats, it was PIS. Because they were isolated works that contradict an official plot, canon and reviewed by the author, the entire series of novels revolves around this plot. Kishimoto reviewed and approved it, so that's right.

Yes, but this part of Kurama is not very relevant, I only mentioned it because it is the reason for the disease.

I'll summarize what I said here:

In the Retsuden series, which is a compound of 3 novels, it is mentioned that Naruto has a disease that prevents him from filling the chakra tubes, the way this happens is that every time he puts chakra into the tubes, he feels tremendous pain. So he spends almost all of the novel without using chakra, the tubes
become empty, which is why he is at the level of the average human as he has no chakra in the tubes. The novel literally shows that ninjas don't naturally have chakra in the tubes, as Naruto felt pain when he had them in the tubes, but he spent most of the time without having these pains (when the tubes were empty), simple.
The thing about the disease was actually that it was preventing his chakra period, he was potentially going to lose it forever. Not only is it a disease, but it's a condition unique to Naruto. We shouldn't really extrapolate this out to other people, except for the Jinchuriki maybe, and Naruto even when he's running low on chakra cause he isn't sick with the disease at that point.

If there were any other times he was reportedly at 0 chakra in the tubes and he had above-average human feats, it was PIS. Because they were isolated works that contradict an official plot, canon and reviewed by the author, the entire series of novels revolves around this plot. Kishimoto reviewed and approved it, so that's right.
Unless average humans in Naruto are stronger than irl humans.

Momoshikiā€™s chakra >>>>>>>> Borutoā€™s
Momoshiki's Chakra at full >??????> Momoshiki's Chakra at empty

I actually donā€™t have an issue with Sakura scaling necessarily; just not via Shin

I always wondered why we didnā€™t downscale her from Kaguya
Was considered an outlier. Kaguya can tank Naruto's punches and Rasenshuriken.
JDNc71r_d.webp
oWXCcJu_d.webp
ji3Bcro_d.webp

YC1rU4p_d.webp
NqHPjL8_d.webp
MxCUyW9_d.webp

If we don't consider it an outlier, then Sakura has a significantly higher AP than Naruto or Sasuke.
And the whole bravado about catching up is undermined by a dreadful performance against Jubbidara (seriously, she is too nervous to crush a detached eyeball despite Obito begging her to do so? Isn't she supposed to be a medic?)
Su2Bsfz_d.webp

Momoshiki's Chakra at full >??????> Momoshiki's Chakra at empty

Was considered an outlier. Kaguya can tank Naruto's punches and Rasenshuriken.
JDNc71r_d.webp
oWXCcJu_d.webp
ji3Bcro_d.webp

YC1rU4p_d.webp
NqHPjL8_d.webp
MxCUyW9_d.webp

If we don't consider it an outlier, then Sakura has a significantly higher AP than Naruto or Sasuke.
And the whole bravado about catching up is undermined by a dreadful performance against Jubbidara (seriously, she is too nervous to crush a detached eyeball despite Obito begging her to do so? Isn't she supposed to be a medic?)
Su2Bsfz_d.webp
To be fair to Sakura, not being able to destroy an eye isn't something for her AP. And Sakura never hit him. She couldn't do to his moveset just being a great keep away tool against her

The thing about the disease was actually that it was preventing his chakra period, he was potentially going to lose it forever. Not only is it a disease, but it's a condition unique to Naruto. We shouldn't really extrapolate this out to other people, except for the Jinchuriki maybe, and Naruto even when he's running low on chakra cause he isn't sick with the disease at that point.
But the disease just prevents him from putting chakra into the tubes, it causes pain, you see, he still has the ability to shape chakra, and he succeeds, but when he does that, he feels pain, so just in case he was told not to shape chakra. And the entire novel was without chakra in the tubes. The average human's level is thanks to the fact that he doesn't put chakra into the tubes, nothing more. It simply means that without chakra in the tubes, shinobi are at the level of an ordinary human. What proves my point is that he only found out about the disease when he tried to randomly make a seal 1 month before the novel's plot. Basically, he was normal as usual, and tried to use a jutsu, but the moment he molded chakra and the chakra went into the tubes, he felt the pain, which means that moments before he felt the pain he had 0 chakra in his tubes.

Sakura could have stopped the war if she wanted to man, why didn't she go there and slap Juubito right away?

Maybe it's because she didn't have Senjutsu.
Or maybe she took her role as a medical ninja and started healing people and stopping more casualties.
Physical attacks work on juubi jins, And if she is quick to evade an attack that even six paths Naruto called quick and Kaguya being in a stronger form and she would have no problem destroying the obito

Or she got a Mental Amp. You know, those things that exist that can drastically change how powerful fighters are?
You wouldnā€™t be able to prove it was permanent at that time also this gets negged by equal interpretation, I can posit that Kaguya simply didnā€™t bother guarding against Sakura as she had been ignoring her from the start.

This thread is insane. Although I agree with most of what's outlined here but I'll point out what I think shouldn't be added. I'll start with the bonus characters, then work my way up.

This shouldn't be a surprise as Urashiki is the most inconsistent character I've ever seen in fiction or inverse.

Urashiki can and should be waived from this list. Even after eating his eyeballs and gaining a seemingly huge powerup, Kid Naruto and Boruto were able to trade hands with him, Jiraya could hurt him and a seemingly unimpressive father son Rasengan finished him off. The main reason why we've had him at unknown was specifically because anti feats existed, what you're proposing here is to ignore all anti feats and focus on the ones that make him look good.

You put him in bonus for a reason. He isn't an remotely reliable character to scale to or scale off of. The reasons for him scaling are inadmissible.

This shouldn't even be in here, all there is for him is speculations that he scales off Koji in that clip when the reverse can be said that Koji is simply holding back.

The fact is you're proposing a High 7A character to be upscaled to a 5B character because the 5B character didn't outright finish him, and the narrative that he held his own against Koji can also be reversed to that Koji didn't want to outright finish him, I've seen the episode, one short confrontation shouldn't be nearly enough to push for 5B

This.
"However, in the anime, which states Naruto had half his chakra drained, meaning heā€™d be at half power in his battle against Fused Momoshiki. All this means is Narutoā€™s full power and in base would be doubled what the manga suggests it is."

This is a popular misconception for the last 5 years, one with no reasonable explanation on why Naruto would get weaker, because of a certain volume of his chakra is gone. The War Arc speaks for itself, Naruto even after wielding Kurama's chakra for a long period of time, not even once was he weakened, he was always at 100% capacity until he hit the bottom of his reserves as shown when the Hokages arrived in the manga.

Lemme use THE perfect analogy for you here, imagine Kurama as the battery for a phone, because it went from 100% down to 50% hell maybe even 30% doesn't impede the capabilities of the phone, what it does is reduce how long it can go on for. And that's exactly how we saw with Naruto.

Throughout the war from the beginning, he only stopped going at his best until his chakra ran out, this means even at half of Kurama's volume, Naruto can still operate at a 100%. Unless ofc there's anything that contradicts this, which would mean Naruto is constantly using all of Kurama's chakra in a fight which we all know isn't feasible.

You yourself said this and yes it applies to Naruto. His chakra volume and AP aren't 1:1. Lower volumes means lower timeframe, not lower AP
"as is well established, chakra amount and attack potency arenā€™t inherently 1:1 in every situation"

The only correct rebuttal to this is outlier, most especially for Shin. The arc mainly served as anti feats for Adult Nardo and Papasuke depending on one's interpretation. After rereading Gaiden, there's enough room for suggestion on Base Sakura scaling to Base Naruto but Shin scaling outright to Sakura just doesn't make sense. Call it arguement from incredulity, but this wiki main point is to be closest to accurate on how to scale the characters. Shin being that high isn't nowhere near accurate, it's a borderline joke.

There already is a perfect scaling chain for Sakura and that's 9 taiks Kido. At the very least it's more reliable than upscaling her and Shin above Shippuden God tiers

What part about Shin scaling above Hagoromo, Hamura, Night Guy, Toneri and Kaguya is even remotely accurate? He should be treated as an outlier as we do Urashiki

It's safe to assume this will be used for durability only, right? Because there's no indication his defense is as strong as his offense.

This isn't clear enough, are you proposing 5B for his AP or a 5B appropriate rating for his LS? Which would be anywhere from Class T to Class Z?

This thread is insane. Although I agree with most of what's outlined here but I'll point out what I think shouldn't be added. I'll start with the bonus characters, then work my way up.

This shouldn't be a surprise as Urashiki is the most inconsistent character I've ever seen in fiction or inverse.

Urashiki can and should be waived from this list. Even after eating his eyeballs and gaining a seemingly huge powerup, Kid Naruto and Boruto were able to trade hands with him, Jiraya could hurt him and a seemingly unimpressive father son Rasengan finished him off. The main reason why we've had him at unknown was specifically because anti feats existed, what you're proposing here is to ignore all anti feats and focus on the ones that make him look good.

You put him in bonus for a reason. He isn't an remotely reliable character to scale to or scale off of. The reasons for him scaling are inadmissible.

This shouldn't even be in here, all there is for him is speculations that he scales off Koji in that clip when the reverse can be said that Koji is simply holding back.

The fact is you're proposing a High 7A character to be upscaled to a 5B character because the 5B character didn't outright finish him, and the narrative that he held his own against Koji can also be reversed to that Koji didn't want to outright finish him, I've seen the episode, one short confrontation shouldn't be nearly enough to push for 5B

This.

This is a popular misconception for the last 5 years, one with no reasonable explanation on why Naruto would get weaker, because of a certain volume of his chakra is gone. The War Arc speaks for itself, Naruto even after wielding Kurama's chakra for a long period of time, not even once was he weakened, he was always at 100% capacity until he hit the bottom of his reserves as shown when the Hokages arrived in the manga.

Lemme use THE perfect analogy for you here, imagine Kurama as the battery for a phone, because it went from 100% down to 50% hell maybe even 30% doesn't impede the capabilities of the phone, what it does is reduce how long it can go on for. And that's exactly how we saw with Naruto.

Throughout the war from the beginning, he only stopped going at his best until his chakra ran out, this means even at half of Kurama's volume, Naruto can still operate at a 100%. Unless ofc there's anything that contradicts this, which would mean Naruto is constantly using all of Kurama's chakra in a fight which we all know isn't feasible.

You yourself said this and yes it applies to Naruto. His chakra volume and AP aren't 1:1. Lower volumes means lower timeframe, not lower AP

The only correct rebuttal to this is outlier, most especially for Shin. The arc mainly served as anti feats for Adult Nardo and Papasuke depending on one's interpretation. After rereading Gaiden, there's enough room for suggestion on Base Sakura scaling to Base Naruto but Shin scaling outright to Sakura just doesn't make sense. Call it arguement from incredulity, but this wiki main point is to be closest to accurate on how to scale the characters. Shin being that high isn't nowhere near accurate, it's a borderline joke.

There already is a perfect scaling chain for Sakura and that's 9 taiks Kido. At the very least it's more reliable than upscaling her and Shin above Shippuden God tiers

What part about Shin scaling above Hagoromo, Hamura, Night Guy, Toneri and Kaguya is even remotely accurate? He should be treated as an outlier as we do Urashiki

It's safe to assume this will be used for durability only, right? Because there's no indication his defense is as strong as his offense.

This isn't clear enough, are you proposing 5B for his AP or a 5B appropriate rating for his LS? Which would be anywhere from Class T to Class Z?
Iā€™m 99% sure we accept that if character A doubles their chakra they double their AP vice versa is true for halving. Youā€™d have to ask Slayer or Shadow or Tracer to confirm that.

i should note urashiki was nerfed from the time travel. this was stated earlier in the thread

shikamaru is scaling his shadows only

i have no cents on hokage kakashi
Actually he even regained some of his chakra by stealing it from Sasuke, he steals Sasuke's chakra when they are about to travel and it's not what he uses to make Karasuki open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back