• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ovrhide said:
The Gauntlet with all the I.S is very, very stupidly limited. While it has the power to erase who ever you want out of existence, and destroy and recreate the universe on a physical level, it can only be done if you... snap. It doesnt overall boost all stats. Captain marvel really proved that in this movie. If you cant close your fist, its basically useless.
Also note that Thanos in the comics only snapped because it shows that the task of eliminating half of all life is a trivial matter to him. He soon after accidentally destroyed most of the Milky Way without even knowing it and it didn't involve any special hand movements.

The others in Spino's revision thread also have no problem with Mjolnir/Stormbreaker Cap being High 6-B now.

Let's wait until we have a grip on all the revision issues before we add it bit by bit, methinks.

Just saw it. I really enjoyed it, but idk how I'm going to feel about it in the future.

Well, I just saw the movie. Loved how it played out and I'm almost sad the MCU will continue, but the movie itself is a scaling nightmare for our purposes.

Is Thanos with the IG really going to be [x tier]? He always does far lesser stuff with it, and the best he did was his first snap and destroying the stones, with both things having him badly damaged.

Channeling the power of the stones is still a feat. Even Tony said the stones "had enough power to light up a continent", and he barely knew their power.

The Complete IG doesn't scale to anyone but the Complete IG, so those feats would give him their own tier, and that would be 3-A.

Thanos would be the one who barely knows their power here, as this is before the snap, which took hours to disintegrate everyone in the universe, and destroying the stones, which emitted an amount of energy visually shown as equal. Why would the IG be 3-A based on Thanos' claim when it contradicts what's shown, with that being something he literally doesn't know about.

It doesn't contradict anything at all. "Taking hours to disintegrate everyone" is just a time delay. It was still done in one attack and contradicts nothing.

Also "why would the IG be 3-A based on Thanos' claim". Because Thanos knows about the stones. He has tracked and studied their power for years. He should know what they are capable of, especially when he puts on the Complete Gauntlet and doesn't go "oh man they aren't as strong as I thought! I can't remake the universe after all." The movie clearly portrays this as possible, and we have no reason not to believe him.

The bit about the stones being able to destroy each other does seem like a bit of a contradiction.

They can withstand the full blast of the Infinity Gauntlet/the Snap, which is powered by all the stones, and yet they can be used to destroy each other. Seems a bit weird. Can't decide if it's PIS, plot hole, or something else

>It doesn't contradict anything at all.

The IG being damaged by the lesser snap and Thanos being damaged by the lesser snap.

>"Taking hours to disintegrate everyone" is just a time delay.

Are we just going to make up a timeframe to something that will logically take even more hours? Who's to say it's over time?

>He should know what they are capable of, especially when he puts on the Complete Gauntlet and doesn't go "oh man they aren't as strong as I thought! I can't remake the universe after all." The movie clearly portrays this as possible, and we have no reason not to believe him.

The movie doesn't, Thanos does. Thanos' claim to be exact.

He was Gohan'd for the true super saiyan to shine. But when Thor talked to his mother, it reminded me why I love his character so much. Throughout his journey in the MCU, the has known nothing but loss. I think he might have lost the most out of everyone in the series. But he still presses on. He still overcomes. He's not the arrogant asshole we met in the first Thor movie. He's a character of depth and pain and I love how they made up for how much we didn't care about Thor's mother dying in The Dark World.

"The IG being damaged by the lesser snap and Thanos being damaged by the lesser snap."

Doesn't really matter. We're talking about the AP of the IG.

"Are we just going to make up a timeframe to something that will logically take even more hours? Who's to say it's over time?"

Time doesn't matter either. It could take a day to destroy the universe, but it's still 3-A.

It can't really be over time either since its basically the same as an explosion blast travelling to destroy stuff rather than the IG being constantly used to power the destruction of X bad thing.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
"The IG being damaged by the lesser snap and Thanos being damaged by the lesser snap."
Doesn't really matter. We're talking about the AP of the IG.
I'm pretty sure we were talking about a tier for Thanos with it. I could quote stuff about this but I don't see the point.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
"Are we just going to make up a timeframe to something that will logically take even more hours? Who's to say it's over time?"

Time doesn't matter either. It could take a day to destroy the universe, but it's still 3-A.
Well, from my experience I know a character named Shirley who was going to be 2-C via destroying 2 universes, it was rejected as he was going to do so in 2 days. So, needless to say I'm not so sure about destroying the universe in who knows how much time being 3-A.

Destroying the whole universe is obviously going to take far, far more than vaporizing half of its population. So, then again, are we just going to make up a timeframe from this?

You guys are talking about time, but even if thanos took a dozen hours to destroy and restore the universe, wouldnt that still count as 3-A? The universe is so huge that it would be the logical conclusion.

And the snap to wipe out half of civilization was random without his will to chose, so it makes sense it takes a long time.

It wouldn't afaik, and a dozen of hours is an extremely generous timeframe.

The other paragraph there holds no water.

If it took me years to destroy a house, does that make me building level?

The point stands. I can be galaxy level and as long as I destroy everything one galaxy at a time I will eventually destroy everything in the universe.

WeeklyBattles said:
Wasnt there something stating that they were created from the energy of the Big Bang? i feel like i read that somewhere...

Collector said it was energies released from the Big Bang that became ingots (Infinity Stones)

Maybe you should look up what a house is, and what a universe is.
The arrogance there is uncalled for. This also implies something about the house analogy that is quite wrong from where you look at.

Sir Ovens said:
Who else had their cinema erupt into celebration when Cap caught Mjolnir?
I couldn't tell because I was too busy having my thought process explode into explicatives and hype from it

Oh yeah, I mean, think about it. It's the best bro. It won't go with just anyone, it would rather stay with you. You can also count on it to come back to you if push comes to shove. Lastly, rather than drag you down, it pulls you up.

Best Avenger material right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back