• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else bummed that Hulk didn't get any good feats this movie? I was really hoping we'd see him getting revenge on Thanos for that ass whooping he got back in IW, or at least a more in depth explains to why Hulk didn't want to show up.

But nah, we only got like a 10 second explanation and a bunch of Professor Hulk gags.

His best feats are surving the Infinity Gauntlet and being able to hold up the Avengers Compound with one arm while injured.

I'm PISSED

Yeah Hulk kinda got shafted here

I'd have preferred if we actually see Banner accepting the hulk as a person then becoming professor hulk in the final fight of the movie. Just generally get more time with him in particular

I feel like th reason why Hulk and Bruce seem so underdeveloped is because they haven't had their own movie since like 2008. From then on they've basically had to squeeze in screen time inbetween Avengers movies or some other characters movie.

Like they squeezed in the Planet Hulk storyline into Ragnorak, even though it's one of Hulk's biggest and most important story arcs in like the last decade.

Yeah Hulk generally doesn't have room to do much despite how easy it is to make an entertaining movie with just hulk

Yet the studio just can't for some reason. I mean, it's a guy who turns green when he gets angry and smashes stuff. That alone should get you a decent flick, let alone all the other stuff Hulk's got in his lore. But nope, they keep dropping the ball and have to squeeze him into Ragnarok instead.

Was anyone else upset when Thor murdered Thanos? Thanos lost everything, his children, his daughters betrayed him, even having to sacrifice one, he feels constant pain in his left side, he even destroyed the stones because of temptation. Thanos just wanted nothing but peace living by himself on his farm to mourn what he lost. All of his sacrifices just to get decapitated, for no reason and changing nothing.

I felt really bad for Thanos.

Also, I just realized, holy shit, Hulk hasn't had a stand alone film in literally 11 years. Over a decade later and Hulk has had to make do with starring in Avengers and Thor films.

How can they do my boi like this?

Another messed up thought I had:

HUGE SPOILER WARNING FOR ENDGAME

Most of the original MCU Avengers (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye) are either dead or retired:

Iron Man: Dead

Captain America: Retired due to old age

Black Widow: Dead

Hawkeye: Likely retired so he can be with his family

The only two that are left are Hulk and Thor. Good thing they have a bunch of fresh recruits.

Thor is with the guardians now

That said, Falcon getting the shield was awesome and perfectly executed the whole thing.

Still, it's just such a big change. Like several years of buildup just came to a climactic finale. We've been growing up with these movies and characters for years and now it's finally over.

Just now realizing the scope of all this.

What a wild ride. And it's not even over yet.

So, is Stormbreaker still gonna be 5-A or is that an outlier? Seems to me like it might be, sense Thanos was able to hold it back a couple of times and take a few hits, while it beating the Infinity Gauntlet in Infinity War us the only 5-A feat it has. On the other hand, it could just be Thor being weaker than he used to be.

Well, Thanos mostly just had to avoid getting hit by stormbreaker, and just overpowered thor liftingstrength wise at one point to try to kill him with his own weapon. Stormbreaker overpowering the infinity gauntlet doesn't seem to be contradicted.

Yeah, I suppose that's more a skill feat for Thanos then. Especially sense he did this while fighting Thor, Tony, and Steve all at once.

Thanos was literally being hit and he also deflected it once.

Seems like a outliner to me, or just Thor getting fat made Stormbreaker weaker too.

I don't actually remember him being directly hit with stormbreaker

Maybe it hit his weapon but I don't remember he himself actually taking a blow from it

RadicalMrR said:
Oh yeah, 3-A Thanos and IM if u take Thanos' quote about remaking the universe with the IG as true.
we need to get a key for im as he created the red gauntlet and he was able to wield it without much groaning and pain. he only dies after the snap and even then, his armor was still mostly undamaged similar to before. just tony.

we need to get a key for im as he created the red gauntlet and he was able to wield it without much groaning and pain. he only dies after the snap and even then, his armor was still mostly undamaged similar to before. just tony.

No, Tony didn't "wield it without much groaning", his suit was taking the massive brunt of it, and it was slowly approaching towards his human body, which would have certainly killed him.

Also another reminder 3-A either shouldn't be on the profiles or is a massively vague possibly.

The Infinity Gauntlet should definitely be 3-A. Thanos did state he would destroy then recreate the universe. While he didn't have any of the stones yet, keep in mind he never had practice during Infinity War. He used them without practice. Hell even when he was fighting Captain Marvel, he knew how to use them, and this was his past self. The IG should be 3-A but wouldn't scale to durability for obvious reasons. It would also give them universal range. This should scale to Hulk since he knew how to use them and Tony. While it does kill him, it can work as a kamikaze.

Probably not

Him ending the Universe could just as easily mean taking his plan to the extreme and, you know, killing everyone then making entirely new life.

The whole reason he made that statement was that killing half the population and leaving them to grieve for the world they lost doesn't work

Did he?

Well either way, considering he takes a lot of effort just throwing moon debris and creating planetary shockwaves, it's definitely not a 100% consistent statement, and it's especially not reliable when the guy speaking hasn't even used the artifacts

Just want to point out that the feat Tony performs with the IG is infinitesimal compared to what Thanos and Hulk did. Both big guys killed off and brought back half of all the sentient life in the universe and doing this ended up hurting both. But Tony dusted Thanos' army- a fair portion of which had already been flattened by earths mightiest and yet died. Just something I feel should be kept in mind.

DMUA said:
Did he?
Well either way, considering he takes a lot of effort just throwing moon debris and creating planetary shockwaves, it's definitely not a 100% consistent statement, and it's especially not reliable when the guy speaking hasn't even used the artifacts
Keep in mind he only used a one of the stones for the feat. And they were calced at Large Planet level. He also didn't have all stones. I've also already talked about this. Thanos has had no practice at all when he used the other stones. He already knew how to use the space stone and time stone on the first try. And when he got the gauntlet, his past self already knew how to use it as he was going to snap his fingers and even used the power stone. So the argument that Thanos never used the stones before cannot be used.

Dante Demon Killah said:
Revan Laha said:
No he said he would shred the universe down to its last atom
Which implies only on 3-A since he's going to destroy only what is inside the Universe
For the last time, this was Past!Thanos, who had never used the stones prior to this statement.

Which contradicts when the stones are actually used, taking effort in performing far lesser feats.

DatOneWeeb said:
Keep in mind he only used a one of the stones for the feat. And they were calced at Large Planet level. He also didn't have all stones. I've also already talked about this. Thanos has had no practice at all when he used the other stones. He already knew how to use the space stone and time stone on the first try. And when he got the gauntlet, his past self already knew how to use it as he was going to snap his fingers and even used the power stone. So the argument that Thanos never used the stones before cannot be used.
No, he used both the power and space stones, actually. Nor was that feat particularly casual.

Nor does your conclusion particularly follow the premise either. You're saying Thanos has no experience with the stones ergo him not using the stones isn't an argument, which doesn't make sense. If he has little experience with the stones how does that make his word on their capabilities somehow better?

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Jumping in here after I saw the movie. Why is past thanos seemingly much stronger than Present thanos?
Retired Thanos was nearly killed twice by the stones and was practically crippled, if that's what you're talking about.

@Dargoo

Nope, I am talking about past thanos taking on Cap (with the hammer), Thor, and Iron Man, when present thanos basically took a single axe blow to the stomache from thor and would have gotten one shotted had thor gone for the head. Past thanos was also destroying Cap's shield with mid effort. more than just that as well

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@Dargoo
Nope, I am talking about past thanos taking on Cap (with the hammer), Thor, and Iron Man, when present thanos basically took a single axe blow to the stomache from thor and would have gotten one shotted had thor gone for the head
The only person of note in there is Thor w/Stormbreaker, who was pretty clearly weaker than Thor w/Stormbreaker in IW.

That and Stormbreaker never directly hit him if I recall, he just wrestled around with it.

Cap with the hammer should be of note as well. The hammer itself if nothing else.

He was hit with both hammer and axe multiple times, I am pretty sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back