• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Iapitus The Impaler said:
He was hit with both hammer and axe multiple times, I am pretty sure
I would need a link to when he's directly hit by Stormbreaker. I don't remember him tanking anything from it other than grabbing it and blocking it in places other than the blade.

@Dragoo My argument was Thanos not having experience with the stones doesn't mean we can't take his word. He said with a snap of his finger, he can destroy half of the population and this was before he obtained all stones. What happened when he snapped his finger? The exact same thing he just said.

DatOneWeeb said:
@Dragoo My argument was Thanos not having experience with the stones doesn't mean we can't take his word. He said with a snap of his finger, he can destroy half of the population and this was before he obtained all stones. What happened when he snapped his finger? The exact same thing he just said.
Thanos not having experience with the stones makes his word less valid.

... while also massively straining the stones, gauntlet, and himself. I don't see your point there.

I've said before I'm fine with a "possibly", but to consider it as anything but such ignores times when the IG was actually used.

No it doesn't. It outright proves he knows how the stones work and what they can do. Hence how he is able to use them with zero experience.

That doesn't change the fact that his statement was true. He stated he could wipe out half of humanity and he did it. So him making the statement that he can use the gauntlet to destroy and recreate the universe should not be discarded. Him damaging himself while using it is irrelevant. The stones can be used several times even after undoing Thanos' snap.

DatOneWeeb said:
No it doesn't. It outright proves he knows how the stones work and what they can do. Hence how he is able to use them with zero experience.
That doesn't change the fact that his statement was true. He stated he could wipe out half of humanity and he did it. So him making the statement that he can use the gauntlet to destroy and recreate the universe should not be discarded. Him damaging himself while using it is irrelevant. The stones can be used several times even after undoing Thanos' snap.
Other people use the stones with no experience either, I'm not sure what your point is there. Nothing is being proven other than you just need to know what effect is desired to use the gauntlet for it.

Yet it took a toll on the stones and gauntlet, and for a feat that is immesurably less than the one he's describing. Clearly there's a contradiction, and we shouldn't just accept the statement at face value.

And I'm not saying to discard the statement. Just mark it as a possibly.

Only two people did and they basically did what Thanos did.

Actually when I think about it, the stones weren't messed up, only the gauntlet. This is proven by the stones still being used after the gauntlet is screwed up.

Regardless of this, I'm fine with a "possibly 3-A" rating.

I think possibly low 2-C. Not only did Thanos say he would shred it to it's last atom, but with 3 stones he could control all of time, space, and reality.

I'm against 3-A/Low 2-C Thanis for reasons already stated.

It took a huge amount of effort to do feats far below that level and it was said by someone who hadn't used the gauntlet before.

There is no "at least 3-A" since the gap between High 3-A and Low 2-C is infinite

And yeah, if we take this statement as enough proof for a AP, it would be 3-A, even the statement itself implies this

Can we use this statement though? He never used the power of the gauntlet prior to that statement, as I remember.

I think just a solid 3-A is enought. No need for it to be higher since he was just talking about the physical matter.

3-A still seems really iffy, it's a statement way above anything the gauntlet has shown and it was said by a guy who who hadn't wielded it yet. Possibly 3-A might be the best we can realistically do. Regardless. how would the Universal Tier revision effect this?

Not much, methinks. Thanos just flat-out states basic universal destruction down to the last atom.

Thinking about it, didn´t the ancient one said that something along the lines of the 6 gems being able to "control the flow of time/ allow this reality to exist" at one point? That could actually justify a Low 2-C ranting. Asuming I am remembering correctly of course.

I think Matthew brought this up and it was said that if the stones don't aren't returned, new realities would be made. I think.

One thing doesnt change the other tho, they "control the flow of time/ allow this reality to exist" and not returning them creates more timelines. At least that its the impresion I got.

Thanos should probably know how strong the infinity stones are if he were to make that statement he also knew the stones would allow him to erase half of the universes population

I think that in Wanda's page, the current explanation for the High 6-B should be "Single-handedly pushed back Thanos with an energy blast for a considerable amount of time while having a mental breakdown and destroying the Mind Stone at the same time, despite Thanos shielding himself with a barrier using the Space Stone."

I think the fact that Thanos was using the Blue/Space Stone to make the barrier and the fact she was having a breakdown should be mentioned, considered we saw what she Bloodlusted could do.

"undeniably 3-A" off of what is a statement that has issues with consistency and the speaker is rather off. As I've said and many others it's fine for a possibly 3-A at most.

Thanos knowing the capabilities of the individual stones says nothing of his knowledge of their power when brought together. No one else has done it in history, or heck, even used two stones in history. So there's little basis to assume he knows their full capacity.

Also atomizing all matter in the universe isn't even 3-A but that's besides the point.

Qawsedf234 said:
How do you even calculate atomizing the universe? 30,852.2 * 10^82?
iirc most stars already consist of diatomic elements held together by gravity so the combined GBE would probably be accurate. Unless I'm missing something, I'm no calc member.

Hold up now. If the IG is 3A, does that mean stormbreaker is 3A?

Off topic: Also, doesn't this statement undeniably prove that Thanos could have solved his resource problem another way? Going ballistic after you find out your plan to murder half the universe is going to fail should have insipred him in other ways before jumping to ctrl-alt-delete.

If the IG is that omnipotent Thanos would not be killed in the first place. Or Thanos would have thought of a plan the Avengers would help him instead of going against him. Doctor Strange with Time Stone alone can read through the one out of many options to lead towards the ultimate victory.

That being said IG is still meaningless against plot armor and plot induced stupidity.

Let's say we take Thanos' statement seriously, Stormbreaker shouldn't scale.

He was definitly not channeling 3-A levels of energy through it at Thor, as monumentally less energy causes him to nearly kill himself. He was likely using as much as he could without seriously injuring himself or the gauntlet.

Dargoo Faust said:
Let's say we take Thanos' statement seriously, Stormbreaker shouldn't scale.
He was definitly not channeling 3-A levels of energy through it at Thor, as monumentally less energy causes him to nearly kill himself. He was likely using as much as he could without seriously injuring himself or the gauntlet.
^Yeah, I pretty much agree on this.

In fact, I believe that that you specifically have to snap your fingers with the gaunlet to unleash its full power.

The timeline is still ****** because of Captain America staying in the past. However, its a good ****** timeline because now MCU can fully bring in X-Men, Deadpool, an Fantastic Four without any issues.

X-Men-Fantastic-Four-Disney-deal

Mr. Common Sense said:
The timeline is still ****** because of Captain America staying in the past. However, its a good ****** timeline because now MCU can fully bring in X-Men, Deadpool, an Fantastic Four without any issues.
With NTW, Yukio and DP (& Cable) timelines can be messed up as hard as the investors want.

Stormbreaker will likely be downgraded anyway. And I agree with 3-A if I didn't make it clear. I don't think it contradicts anything in the slightest.

The Gauntlet with all the I.S is very, very stupidly limited. While it has the power to erase who ever you want out of existence, and destroy and recreate the universe on a physical level, it can only be done if you... snap. It doesnt overall boost all stats. Captain marvel really proved that in this movie. If you cant close your fist, its basically useless.

Thanos has knowledge of what the stones can do together. If he knew he could wipe out 50% of all life in the universe with a snap, he would know it can destroy and recreate the physical universe. And after all, the gems have had universal statements before.

Ovrhide said:
Thanos has knowledge of what the stones can do together. If he knew he could wipe out 50% of all life in the universe with a snap, he would know it can destroy and recreate the physical universe. And after all, the gems have had universal statements before.
So does Thanos have the knowledge of what the gems cannot do? Like he cannot do time travelling or repair the infinity stones or create some anti-Stormbreaker device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back