• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't they just get Vision's corpse and reverse time, like Thanos did, but by 5 five years.

Probably but that would kinda be a cop out and a betrayal to the theme of sacrifice that infinity war and Endgame had

Yeh I guess. I just wished his character got more time do develop. Same with Natasha, but she's getting her solo movie, and we got a small hint about her past in the Vormir scene.

What about the handful of Marvel street characters? Are they decimated for 2 years until Disney is allow to reuse them according to the contract with Netflix?

A bit sad to see Daredevil the Netflix series died to the 2018 Titans as Daredevil died to Nightwing in Death Battle.

The part where he talked to his mom brought the character back for me. I mean cut the dude some slack, he's the only Avenger to have lost his mom, lost his girlfriend, lost his dad, had to kill his sister, lost his home, lost half his people, lost his brother, and then be the reason half the universe got poofed.

Feeling like shit seems like the most human outcome. But he still presses on and that's why I love him so much. However, nerfing him was something I wish they didn't do.

Honestly I think if he like, healed back to his swole state after grabbing Mjolnir, that would have been best

But, oh well, we have beer belly thor.

I can see why people don´t like where they went with Thor, but honetly after all the crap he had to endure in Ragnarok and Infinity war, the death of all his familly, most of his people and failling to stop Thanos.....Yeah it makes sense for him to reach rock bottom.

I just wished Captain Marvel had a reason for us to like her, since she's apparently replacing Thor as strongest Avenger.

Don't mind what happened to Thor being honest, it got a laugh out of me, made me empathise with him even more than I already did and him wielding both Storm breaker and Mjolnir was badass no matter his physical shape.

That aside since the MCU has reached this point, anyone have any particular hero they'd love to see introduced?

I'd love Nova, either Alexander or Rider.

Considering Adam Warlock is confirmed to be in GoTG 3, I presume things will probably go south pretty quickly, so It's very likely Thor will either be back to his prime or get a power-up.

I think her wanting to help the Skrulls at the end of her movie and her interactions with Fury were a good start, I also like how confident and no nonsense she is.

I still wished Stan Lee was alive. I wanted him to have been The One Above All so badly.

Other than him, I'd love to see spiderverse characters introduced into the MCU, like Noir, 2099, etc.

Or maybe even Red Hulk, since Ross is considered canon to the MCU.

I would love to see the silver surfer, he was always one of my favorite characters. I also would like to see Nova as well.

I liked Thor in End Game: he lost all hope after being unable to defeat Thanos, and he lost every member of his family and Heimdall. It was sad to see him depressed, but it made sense.

Carol on the other hands, is the most unlikable character in the damn movie: she always unnecessarily cocky, rude and really wants to tell the audience AND the other characters "I am the strongest Avenger, so do whatever I say!". Not only that, but she doesn't give to f*cks about any of the characters around her suffering, she just wants to kill Thanos as quick as possible and go home, problem solved.

Man, Thanos beating her with the Power Stone felt good though.

Nova is probably going to be in the next set of movies now that the guardians are sort of back together, as theyre probably going to be doing some stuff with Cosmo and Knowhere in the next movie, which would be a decent intro for Nova if not his own standalone

SS will probbaly be introduced as the tie in for the Fantastic 4 as a herald for Galactus being the next big bad of the series

Sir Ovens said:
I mean cut the dude some slack, he's the only Avenger to have lost his mom, lost his girlfriend, lost his dad, had to kill his sister, lost his home, lost half his people, lost his brother, and then be the reason half the universe got poofed.
Everything prior to the poofing happened before Infinity War, where he was far less of an incompetent goof.

You can pull off a character being broken inside without turning them into what was in my opinion poor comic relief.

boi i was like...ugh...and what she said made me rolled my eyes or do. At least getting gut punched was amazing and her roll is well...at least it was not even close to significant

She was hyped up to being the one who beats thanos but instead she just acted arrogant for her 10 minutes of screentime and then acts as a failed attempt at a mary sue

I kinda stopped hating on Carol/Brie. I was just thinking, maybe internet bandwagoning made me hate her more than she was justified. She's probably not that bad if you ignore everything the internet tells you about her.

Davidsteel1 said:
I'm not particularly fond of bashing on characters but yeah Carol so far kinda sucks.
I didn't dislike her in Captain Marvel, but in End Game it's like the purposely wanted to make her unlikable:

She is never really sympathetic towards anyone, nor makes funny jokes. Whenever she acts like the most powerful thing ever, it gets really on the nose.

And no, I haven't really read anything about Brie Larson on the internet, so that didn't have an impact on my opinion at all.

Also Nova being introduced in or around Guardians 3 would be a fitting point for them to introduce Adam Warlock

WeeklyBattles said:
@Davia I mean...she's an accurate portrayal of herself in the comics ngl
Makes me glad I don't read any of her stuff tbh, the only thing she's in that I read is the most recent Avengers launch and even there she sometimes comes across as irritating.

The real cal howard said:
I was just thinking, maybe internet bandwagoning made me hate her more than she was justified. She's probably not that bad if you ignore everything the internet tells you about her.
She's not a bad character, she's just a bland character.

Which when you're the MCU and have some of the best-written and acted characters in film, sticks out like a sore thumb.

The real cal howard said:
I kinda stopped hating on Carol/Brie...
I know next to nothing on Larson except that she apparently has some political opinions or something and your right when the internet latches on stuff like that they tend to bloat it till it's out of proportion. So I don't pay attention to that stuff thankfully.

My issue was more with the character and her arrogance in the movie, I'm kinda glad Rhodey called her out on it but it would have been gr8 to see that actually go somewhere.

I'll admit to knowing next to nothing about Captain Marvel besides her movie and from that she just seems to be bland. Like, maybe that whole thing with Rhodey might give her some character depth later. Have her learn some humbleness or something.

Does anyone know why Marvel is suddenly pushing Captain Marvel to the front despite people evidently not liking her?

I am not sure, in one hand I feel like bringing him back would diminish Tony´s sacrifice, on the other hand they are going to introduce Walrock, and it would be a missoportunity for them to not interact at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back