• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Puny Monkey gets to fight a God. Son Goku vs Thor Odinson (24-20-0). status: ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
DTG499 said:
The only way Thor can really win is via thermo blast. Energy absorption is useful but once goku sees him use it he'll counter accordingly. How often does he use the thermo blast?
Pretty rarely, that's a pretty big attack after all and he need to brace himself while using it on all the scans of it i'v seen, which would leave him wide open if Goku dodge or IT IMO.

Sorry if paranoid, but your account was made just today and this is the first thread you commented on. I don't know if I can trust it.

That's completely understandable. I've been using this wiki for a couple years I just haven't made an account until recently. There's no proof for that but I guess you'll just have to trust me on that front. I made an account specifically because of this thread.

@Sazh

HMMMMMMM, keeping my eye on you, mister. ovo

Nah, no worries. I literally did the same when I started on the wiki. Couple years later, and here I am. ovo

Eganergo said:
DB vs Marvel always has the most vote and actual debate lol.
Both are I believe the top pages on the wiki, makes sense. But at least we have actual debates. With a bump here or there, but I think we are showing great progress in the community by the fact we have remained respectful of each other.

Both are I believe the top pages on the wiki, makes sense. But at least we have actual debates. With a bump here or there, but I think we are showing great progress in the community by the fact we have remained respectful of each other.

Yeah. I've seen things get WAYYYY out of hand on topics like these before. This one isn't bad, considering.

I completely agree with @AwkguyDB's reasons. Goku is an absolute prodigy. And let's not overlook his analytical prediction, because again it's potent enough to counter Time Stop lol.

That still makes no sense. Hit'd have hit him during the time stop, which means Goku would've had to block where Hit would throw his punches beforehand. Why would Hit just throw his blows where Goku's hands were and instead just punch him somewhere else?

SazhFromFF13 said:
Yeah. I've seen things get WAYYYY out of hand on topics like these before. This one isn't bad, considering.
Lol basically Comicvine where DB vs any verse is almost banned XD

The real cal howard said:
That still makes no sense. Hit'd have hit him during the time stop, which means Goku would've had to block where Hit would throw his punches beforehand. Why would Hit just throw his blows where Goku's hands were and instead just punch him somewhere else? </div>
Because Goku's that good and they had forgotten at the point that Hit was attacking DURING his time skip, that's why the very next episode has Hit ultra combo-ing Goku in time stop to course correct that **** up.

That still makes no sense. Hit'd have hit him during the time stop, which means Goku would've had to block where Hit would throw his punches beforehand. Why would Hit just throw his blows where Goku's hands were and instead just punch him somewhere else? </div>
7005532-4086495626-e9e50
527e740308983d3b21571f572c759dc3b2443a19 hq
Maybe this can explain it?

You people are completely overestimating Goku's skill in comparison to the thousands-of-years experienced Thor. Thor has, in all likelihood, fought enemies with Goku's exact abilities, and more. Saying he's less skilled than Goku is a bad joke.

And Goku fough people with Thor's exact abilities and more, that argument isn't a valid advantage for Thor and having thousands of years of mostly being a bratty braggard who stomped on fodders and got drunks often until his dad taught him a lesson isn't a good argument to say Thor is skilled IMO.

That whole skill arguments had been brought up like 3 or 4 times already.

Malomtek said:
You people are completely overestimating Goku's skill in comparison to the thousands-of-years experienced Thor. Thor has, in all likelihood, fought enemies with Goku's exact abilities, and more. Saying he's less skilled than Goku is a bad joke.
Thor's thousands of years of experience mean nothing when Goku has eclipsed people with millions of years of experience in terms of skill. The "experience" argument is moot and null unless you provide scans that show exactly How Thor eclipses or even matches Goku in skill.

There's also this Gem

TBF, I get where people are coming from with Thor's thousands of years of experience.

One problem: what does that mean? It'd be one thing if Thor was constantly fighting and/or besting people of his own calibur or higher, constantly improving himself. Thing is, Thor's history isn't filled with such examples. Yes, he's fought all kinds of monsters, beings and even other gods. He's had a crazy superhero career on top of this. But these have always been about his power and effectiveness as a fighter. They're good examples of what he's capable of but that's it.

Now, compare that to Goku's career which has always been about surpassing his opponents and, more importantly, himself. Goku's entire career is this and has resulted in one of the most powerful and skilled figthers in the multiverse who can fight with the best of them. He can decode techniques and styles just from observation alone.

To give an unrelated example: the reason that Kharn the Betrayer is held in such high regards for his skill is due to not only how long he's been fighting virtually non-stop (10,000+ years) but also because he consistently treats other highly skilled fighters as chumps while not even taking them seriously on top of the fact that he's fought virtually every kind of opponent possible in his verse and has always won. Kharn's history has shown him to be a superlative warrior on top of the time he's been active.

Simply put, having a long career doesn't mean automatically translate in skill. You can have a character whose far younger and less experienced but more skilled.

Dude is the son of Odin and trained under him. Odin. The omniscient.

Also are we forgetting the myriad of things Thor and Asgardians have done in the myths alone, let alone Marvel comics?

The myths in the marvel universe are treated as 'a bunch of drunk monkey-humans hybrid vaguely saw asgardian stuff from afar once, missunderstood it and develop a bulshit tradition around it'.

The Odin the omniscient who doesn't really practice martial art and barely even taught Thor about his power for most of his existence even after teaching him a lesson in humility ? Thor litteraly find stuff about himself, what he can do and how thing works that Odin never told him every 10 issue and that's without counting all the Mjolnir retcons.

Also the Elder Kaioshin the universe almost constantly so i don't see how general knowledge of space stuff correspond to teaching martial art to someone.

^Tis Be Truth

Odin didn't mentor Thor or teach him about his powers and abilities until after his humility lesson. Pretty much Thor Vol 1 159

Gods of Destruction are hundreds of millions of years old and yet only one has been able to achieve a merely novice level of ultra instinct. Yet goku ,the 50 year old mortal, was able to MASTER it after a couple years of training from whis. I know we aren't using his UI form but I'm sure you get the point. Goku completely out classes Thor in combative skill.

Goku masters it via the plot convenience to end all plot conveniences. Somehow surviving the reflected Spirit Bomb unlocked Ultra Instinct.

Goku masters it via the plot convenience to end all plot conveniences. Somehow surviving the reflected Spirit Bomb unlocked Ultra Instinct.
No, Goku being thrown into an ultimate 'do or die' situation is what unlocked ultra instinct, either he was / got that good or he died and as usual, he made it.

Using the Genkidama to replenish his energy was plot convenience though.

Wouldn't that give Goku energy absorption BTW ?

Yet he did it lol. And after unlocking it, he eventually mastered it in minutes Lmao, while Beerus couldn't master his Incomplete UI in years(possibly millions of years).

UI is treated as a transformation for Goku not a skill. Either way Goku just has accelerated development.

Still don't get why we're treated GoDs as some beings of godly skill when they have nothing to their names except age.

EmperorRorepme said:
UI is treated as a transformation for Goku not a skill. Either way Goku just has accelerated development.
Still don't get why we're treated GoDs as some beings of godly skill when they have nothing to their names except age.
UI is treated as a state of being by just being that good in martial art, that's not a new concept, that's still skill.

Because that's how they are presented and they litteraly pass their entier career as GoD being trained by Angels in martial art, Whis himself state he train Beerus in martial art in addition to being his attendant IIRC.

Anyway C2, Goku repeatedly surpasses his opponents in power (which correlates to all physical stats) and skill is rarely a factor outside of original DB.

"UI is a state of being" Lmao. No, it's just another colour change in which Goku gets a cool little gimmick, instinctive reaction. So why are we treating it as some "godly" and "ultimate" skill. It's nothing except a new ability which 100s of characters have.

EmperorRorepme said:
"UI is a state of being" Lmao. No, it's just another colour change in which Goku gets a cool little gimmick, instinctive reaction. So why are we treating it as some "godly" and "ultimate" skill. It's nothing except a new ability which 100s of characters have.
It is treated as a skill in the verse. All the Angels have it and all the GoDs are striving to achieve it. You not finding it impressive is irrelevant to how it's perceived in Universe.

And btw it is based on real life martial arts principles and pop culture, so there's basis for it being a skill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back