• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Puny Monkey gets to fight a God. Son Goku vs Thor Odinson (24-20-0). status: ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Emperor

He didn't kill Frieza and let him power up because he wanted to break his spirit. He wanted to humiliate and humble him. But when Frieza refused to stand down, he immediately powered up to full and one shotted.

Heck, if Goku shows his competitive nature to Thor, wouldn't he showcase sportsmanship in return?

Nitro90 said:
Oh so out of character doesn't matter. Solar flare to SSJ3. Ok Goku doesn't even need to use he's Ki attacks to one-shot. He can just shockwave eye blast.
Solar Flare fails against someone who can literally walk in suns without going blind, SSJ3 Goku gets his head kicked off. GG.

Solar Flare fails against someone who can literally walk in suns without going blind, SSJ3 Goku gets his head kicked off. GG.

How hard is it to understand that Goku has the AP advantage? Like c'mon man...

EmperorRorepme said:
Ok, but what about Goku's mindset? It's not like he's going to go for the kill either and he always holds back against weaker opponents. Even against Freiza he didn't kill him and saved him after everything he did. It's like IF Goku beats Thor up, which I still don't believe he'll have the skill to do, he'll just say "Nice sparring session, makes sure you come back next week".
This fight isn't over until Thor/Goku either incaps or kills the other, Nobility will of course be taken account but the goal here is to put the other character down until they are no longer a threat. Goku is likely to suprise Thor with the AP gap of SSJ3, The swiftness of IT and the power and versitility of the Kamehameha before Thor thinks about getting off a Thermal Blast which thanks to IT has a less chance of success. Goku has done this before so it's not out of character.

Goku just treated the fight as a friendly spar and refused to kill Freiza, a guy who came to Earth just to annihilate him, his family and his friends.

No, he immediately one-shot Freiza because he realised his stupidity after being caught off-guard.

If both show competitive spirit and Thor doesn't just try to blow up the planet to kill Goku then Goku would definitely not try to kill.

Except Goku has already faced absorber and has tanked his own kamehameha, unless he put everything he has in one kamehameha he throw recklessly, it won't win Thor the fight, especialy since Goku can just dodge or IT, Thor wouldn't even absorb Goku's kamehameha or ki blast the first few times anyway, which is a pretty big window for Goku to win to begin with.

Hell, it's perfectly in character for Goku to trick Thor on that with a warp kamehameha.

And then Thor manipulates Goku's memory so he doesn't remember how to breath, let alone Kamehameha. GG.

Same can be said about Thor, he litteraly treated getting stabbed by Loki as a friendly childhood greeting (wrong version, i know but stuff like that happened in the comics)

Unless Goku's trying to genocide Asgard or Earth, Thor isn't going to kill him either.

But that's why we have SBA, to make them at least willing to kill, otherwise most death match wouldn't work.

Also if we turn it into incap match, we're basicaly removing Thor's wincon with the Thermo-Blast since that's a killing shot.

When Goku is willing to kill, he actually goes all out, btw. See his fight against Kid Buu. He went immediately to Ssj3 in order to beat him as fast as possible because of his now discovered time limit.

The problem was, Kid Buu learned mid-fight, and through actual combat ability (this one is for you, Cal ovo) managed to stave off any finishing blow.

Except Goku has already faced absorber and has tanked his own kamehameha, unless he put everything he has in one kamehameha he throw recklessly, it won't win Thor the fight, especialy since Goku can just dodge or IT, Thor wouldn't even absorb Goku's kamehameha or ki blast the first few times anyway, which is a pretty big window for Goku to win to begin with.

Hell, it's perfectly in character for Goku to trick Thor on that with a warp kamehameha.

And then Thor manipulates Goku's memory so he doesn't remember how to breath, let alone Kamehameha. GG.

Which he won't do. Because it's out if character.

EmperorRorepme said:
Goku just treated the fight as a friendly spar and refused to kill Freiza, a guy who came to Earth just to annihilate him, his family and his friends.

No, he immediately one-shot Freiza because he realised his stupidity after being caught off-guard.
That proves right there you don't know about Goku.

The Wright Way said:
Which he won't do. Because it's out if character.
I don't even think Thor's memory manipulation extent to that TBH, it's a bit more limited.

@Emperor

I have explained Goku's mentality.

But I believe I may be misunderstanding your point. You are referring to Super's fight against Frieza, correct?

Ah sorry about that!

The Super fight is showcase of Goku's overconfidence (plot point of the movie as brought by Wiss during their training) that is 100% true.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
Ah sorry about that!
The Super fight is showcase of Goku's overconfidence (plot point of the movie as brought by Wiss during their training) that is 100% true.
Goku was overconfident but he knew Frieza's stamina would decline before he manages to kill him so idk

And yeah, I agree that is indeed a possible scenario where Thor legitimately wins. Is just, I don't think is as likely as Goku winning the others.

Edit: I should actually elaborate, lol. Basically, Goku id overconfident, yes, but only against opponents he actually knows. He knew Frieza beforehand, so he didn't think it was a big deal (obvious mistake). However, in this fight, he is going in blind. So it isn't that likely that he will fall to his own arrogance (specially after Beerus humbled him).

That was less overconfidence and more assuming that because Freezer had finaly got off his ass and trained with superbe result, he was less of a sneaky shitbag, that and forgetting Freezer had minions still dumb enough to follow him after he killed most of them.

To those people saying that Thor is more skilled at combat. He has no listings of master martial artist, analytical prediction nor reactive power level. Being older doesn't mean you are better at combat, Hit is 1000 years old and goku is way more skilled than him.

DTG499 said:
To those people saying that Thor is more skilled at combat. He has no listings of master martial artist, analytical prediction nor reactive power level. Being older doesn't mean you are better at combat, Hit is 1000 years old and goku is way more skilled than him.
Voting for Goku then ? or neutral ?

DTG499 said:
I been saying this lol

I've read this entire forum, and the previous one, and I think the winner is pretty clear if you look at it from a neutral view. Thor has potential win cons, but I think Goku just outclasses Thor. He has way more win cons than Thor, and warriors madness, the only thing Thor really has going for him, is a debuff if anything. Goku wins I think. And this is coming from a fanboy of both sides, maybe even more in the marvel area. If I can see some more Thor reasons I might change my mind, but all I'm seeing are blind Thor votes.

The only way Thor can really win is via thermo blast. Energy absorption is useful but once goku sees him use it he'll counter accordingly. How often does he use the thermo blast?

SazhFromFF13 said:
I've read this entire forum, and the previous one, and I think the winner is pretty clear if you look at it from a neutral view. Thor has potential win cons, but I think Goku just outclasses Thor. He has way more win cons than Thor, and warriors madness, the only thing Thor really has going for him, is a debuff if anything. Goku wins I think. And this is coming from a fanboy of both sides, maybe even more in the marvel area. If I can see some more Thor reasons I might change my mind, but all I'm seeing are blind Thor votes.
Sorry if paranoid, but your account was made just today and this is the first thread you commented on. I don't know if I can trust it.

^This Goku is not stupidly overconfident if he is not aware of a clear victory I'll give you an example. His Manga fight with Frost.

Goku basically tells Frost that he has to use his full power or else he would end the battle quickly Frost gradually was increasing his power but not enough to satisfy Goku, in response Goku goes SSJ and Frost, not wanting to get his butt handed to him badly, went Final Form. Goku now understanding this is what Frost had to offer, absolutely mopped the floor with Frost and felt bad for the man and his reputation that he didn't want to vibe check him in front of his team and Goku's friends and family. Frost being salty introduced a weapon in a fight that Goku really had no need of worrying about. Goku knowing Frost's power instinctually blocked his weak attack not realizing the poison barb frost just attached to his fist.

I tell you Goku is a combat genius

He'd understand that at some point during Thor and Goku's hand to hand that he could over power him using SSJ3. If Thor used Thermo on SSJ3 Goku could still tank and hit him with a warp Kamehameha to catch Thor off guard and either Incap him or kill him, literally not Thor's first time XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back