• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Puny Monkey gets to fight a God. Son Goku vs Thor Odinson (24-20-0). status: ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehnkr2beboh said:
I'm super late. If I say Goku FRA will it still be counted, or is it too late/Grace will be longer. I'm new to debating.

If I can vote, Goku FRA.
Tbh I'm not sure either.

Yeah, I guessed as much. It doesn't change anything anyways, so whatever. So Omega, what controversial match will you do next?

We need to find a match for Sentry lol

unfortunately the only DB Characters with enough hax resistance to fight him are the Heroes 2-Bs Lmao

I mean, DB characters getting resistance to stuff like matter manipulation is just a question of few clarification that we don't have (and probably never will because DB doesn't really do that whole 'come back to an old thing and explain it in greater detail' most of the time), there are a few abilities that could be seen as matter manipulation.

Omegas03 said:
DB never cared much about haxes, but if they introduce absolutely OP hax in a villain the cast is just going to resist it via raw strength ovo
That's litteraly what happened with Demigra in DBX and pretty much all of DBH.

The real cal howard said:
Honestly, why even give them those abilities if they're just going to be a non-factor.
Same reason any other verse has them, for cool visuals, DB just bother to make the character resist them instead of them just never being brough up again or not used on the protagonist.

Honestly, why even give them those abilities if they're just going to be a non-factor.
Because God forbid they actually give Goku any hax of his own Lmao.

Most other verses have them to matter to the plot. Most I win buttons are treated as "avoid this at all costs" or "think of a way around it" (unless it's the unbeatable kind which is a whole other can of worms I can rant about). Lolresist is the worst way to handle it, as you just turned a potentially interesting fight into yet another numbers battle.

No, they don't, most verse with hax make them 'monster of the week', show up once from nowhere (or as a mook from the great big bad who just punch hard) and forgotten forever afterwards.

'lolhax' isn't an interesting fight, it's gimmicky most of the time IMO.

Oh I agree. Lolhax sucks. Gimmicky is an understatement. I don't need a hundredth rant about how hax sucks, so take my word for it that I agree with you. But when it does show up, characters have to think around it. Take most Jojo fights. Someone normally has a hax, but with enough mind games, the protagonists figure out a way around that.

Goku's just power through it.

I'd say my favorites to have done it right are JoJo and HxH imo. Best power systems hands down.

Though I agree with you guys about hax being gimmicky and annoying most of the time. Look at bleach lol, and how disappointing Yhwach's defeat was.

I just find it fun to see a character like Goku just go 'lol nope' at all those abilities i'v spent my childhood watching turn episodes of low budget 'monster of the week' show into a pain in the ass, like when Ranma was being clowned on by a random ass kid with precog and i was screaming 'i saw you do 300 punches in a second, knock that ****** out' TBH (it count under low budget since i'm pretty sure it was filler, those were always basicaly bad 'Buffy' episodes.)

Jojo does it well, i agree on that but so many show do it badly, it's annoying honestly.

Oh I agree. Lolhax sucks. Gimmicky is an understatement. I don't need a hundredth rant about how hax sucks, so take my word for it that I agree with you. But when it does show up, characters have to think around it. Take most Jojo fights. Someone normally has a hax, but with enough mind games, the protagonists figure out a way around that.
Goku's just power through it.
I wasn't even aware there were hax rants on this website, given how it's the focus of most discussion on this website TBH.

Oh buddy, just look at my wall greeting and you'll see how...passionate I am on the subject. Half the staff would shoot me on sight if I mentioned hax in a negative light again.

Make me think we should have rant threads for people to rant about stuff, that would be funny if that's not already a thing.

Half the staff would shoot me on sight if I mentioned hax in a negative light again.
I definitely won't ovo

Ehnkr2beboh said:
Just like with the Goku vs Superman thread, the pressure for if they'll actually add it is killing me.
Goku's loss to Bruce Banner was added today, so I think they're working their way to adding this. It's probably just admins being busy or something.

Ehnkr2beboh said:
I didn't even know there was a Goku vs Hulk thread. Did Omega do that thread too?
I don't remember but I don't think so. I also missed the thread and only found out about it after it's conclusion unfortunately.

I skimmed over it after its conclusion and it seemed pretty one sided tbh.

Yeah Goku vs Bruce and Luigi Vs Vegeta aren't that interesting and the last few Goku battles were draining so I didn't wanna debate on them

Nitro90 said:
I skimmed over it after its conclusion and it seemed pretty one sided tbh.
Yeah Goku vs Bruce and Luigi Vs Vegeta aren't that interesting and the last few Goku battles were draining so I didn't wanna debate on them
Pretty much the same for me, Captain Marvel vs Vegeta was draining too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back