• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The most controversial debate continues... Son Goku vs Superman (7-20-16).

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
You mean actual debate or those matches in which someone has to keep bumping them since no one even discusses them
Actual debate.

Superman vs Zero and Goku vs Vegeta.

Zenkaibattery1 said:
The funny thing is, in characters and realistically, the two will fight to the end and end with a mutual respect and probably fight villains together
Probably true lol. They'll become BFFs and make Batman and Vegeta really jealous LOL

Omegas03 said:
That vote better be because you actually think it will end Incon, just saying.
Personally I think it's going in Goku's favor 7-6/10, but I do recognize some of the arguments for Supes as legit such as HV Dura negging. It's unfortunately a who will one shot battle, so objectively incon is the safest option.

LordUrien935 said:
Omegas03 said:
That vote better be because you actually think it will end Incon, just saying.
Agreed, don't vote incon just for the sake of it or for the lols.
I mean, that's still better than the partisan votes i usualy see in big threads and he already said he was hesitating before.

Personally I think it's going in Goku's favor 7-6/10, but I do recognize some of the arguments for Supes as legit such as HV Dura negging. It's unfortunately a who will one shot battle, so objectively incon is the safest option.

Fair enough.

Agreed, don't vote incon just for the sake of it or for the lols.

I've been leaning towards incon for a while now, and I already explained my reasons above.

the lols are just a bonus

I mean, if you think Goku has a better chance at winning, then vote Goku.

Dragomer said:
IMO if you think that the other's side argument are also fair, it's better to vote for inconclusive, otherwise you're voting for the character, not the argument.
Pretty much. I love Goku quite a bit more than superman, so it's hard to not be biased. But I do find the inconclusive arguments the most objective and logical imo.

I'd hate to be that guy, but you cannot officially vote on your own thread.

You can, however, give your genuine opinion on it and have other people vote off that, so go nuts.

Well, the OP has traditionally not voted on their own threads, as to make it more fair and doesn't seem biased.

LordUrien935 said:
Many people have said OP cannot vote on their own thread. If it isn't in the rules, it should be.
Lots of rules and standards pages are obselete TBH so i don't know if it was changed at some point and not put on the page for some reason or something but i haven't seen that OP can't vote in the rules.

One thing, I checked the vote count and Incon is actually at 16, not 17 so I f*** up that little detail.

I have never seen an OP vote on their own thread, or at least, their vote was never counted because they weren't supposed to.

Omegas03 said:
One thing, I checked the vote count and Incon is actually at 16, not 17 so I f*** up that little detail.
I'v been confused on the votes numbers for a while at this point.

There once was a thread with SSBE Vegeta and SSBKKx20 Goku. I am sure that one was at over 40 votes.

So guys, we did it. Not only did we conclude a Goku vs Superman match, but we shattered the record for most votes on a thread. Finally, something good in 2020

Okay, so we've passed 400 replies, and this could end up easily needing a third continuation thread.

But anyhow, it seems that a lot of the unresolved and of the disagreements came from arguing whether using durability-negating HV is in character, same with Goku transforming to certain forms at certain times and what not. And I'm not sure much progress is being made.

This might be impractical, but what if someone makes a separate specifically devoted to trying to settle whether these things are in character or not? And then go off of that. It might make the continuation of this far more organized and less cluttered and less all over the place. It's just a suggestion. if you think it's genuinely a bad idea, feel free to reject. But i personally think this could be helpful.

LordUrien935 said:
So guys, we did it. Not only did we conclude a Goku vs Superman match, but we shattered the record for most votes on a thread. Finally, something good in 2020
The match is concluded in like 12 hours though, what we concluded here is the second thread about it since we need a third.

MindControl116 said:
Okay, so we've passed 400 replies, and this could end up easily needing a third continuation thread.
But anyhow, it seems that a lot of the unresolved and of the disagreements came from arguing whether using durability-negating HV is in character, same with Goku transforming to certain forms at certain times and what not. And I'm not sure much progress is being made.

This might be impractical, but what if someone makes a separate specifically devoted to trying to settle whether these things are in character or not? And then go off of that. It might make the continuation of this far more organized and less cluttered and less all over the place. It's just a suggestion. if you think it's genuinely a bad idea, feel free to reject. But i personally think this could be helpful.
I think making a seperate thread wouldn't help, just deciding it's inconclusive due to the points brough up by both sides make more sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back