• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku fights the God of Thunder (12-16-0).

Halfway through Black arc Chou Goku with access up to SSJ3 vs. Thor (Marvel Comics). So both are 4-B.

Speed is equalized for obvious reasons, if this I a stomp I can change it to a stronger version of Goku.
Goku super saiyan 3
Classic Thor
Goku: 12 (UchihaSlayer96, XSOULOFCINDERX, Dragomer, Remy the wolf, Nitro90, Mister6ame6, Akreious, LordTracer, Migue79, AwkguyDB, Lord JJJ, DeathNoodles

Thor: 16 (Sir sun man, Adem Warlock69, Zark2099, Stalker Maggot, DizzyMW3, Jackythejack, Dante Demon Killah, Cal, Schnee One, Blue, Soupywolf5, NotoriouSoda, Drite77, The Wright Way, EmperorRorepme, BrazilianDeadpool

Incon:

I dunno, Goku has a massively big scaling chain.

Base Goku (Current) >> Base Goku (ToP) >> Base Goku (post Black) >>> SSJ3 Goku (pre Black arc) >>> SSJ Goku (pre Black arc) >>> SSJ Goku (BoG) >> SSJ3 Goku (Buu Saga) >>> SSJ2 Goku = 2 KiloFoe. All of this because Black arc SSJ2 Vegeta was > Initial SSJ2 Black who was said to surpass SSJ3 Goku in BASE Form.

Black arc SSJ2 Vegeta is already more than 100x stronger than SSJ3 Goku in the Buu Saga and post Black arc SSJ2/3 Goku would slap the hell out of him, let alone Current Goku.

Goku should already break the 600 KiloFoe range, and that is the range that Thor scales to.

Oh, I forgot that base Goku is 4B after Beerus Saga in Chou

Well Goku seems to have an advantage in AP

Yeah but Thor seems more versatile. I think I finally found a fair match between Marvel and DB lol

The battle is very close, Goku is stronger, but Thor is more versatile, both very skilled fighters, Goku can vaporize with his ki blast while Thor can atomize with his attacks, Goku has an instantaneous transition and Thor has a portal creation, so I think the fight will end up being a Stamina fight. And, since Thor apparently owns a greater Stamina, I suspect that he will eventually win hardly

Entirely depends on your interpretations. But SSJ2 Goku at the Buu arc is accepted as 2 KiloFoe (via being > SSJ2 Kid Gohan who with 50% is equal to SPC/1 KiloFoe). SSJ3 Goku far outclasses SSJ2, So I reckon 4 KiloFoe as a downplay.

SSJ Goku at BoG already surpasses his previous SSJ3 by a good margin but let's say 4 KiloFoe.

Goku gets much stronger in the RoF and U6 tournament arcs so his SSJ could pretty much be 8 KiloFoe, while SSJ3 would be at 32 KiloFoe.

This is where the crazy stuff comes in, Base Goku at the ToP surpassed his previous SSJ3 self, considering he is stronger than Black arc Base Vegeta. Vegeta at the Black arc with SSJ2 beat the hell out of SSJ Black who in Base was stronger than U6 arc SSJ3 Goku. This means Base Goku is at the very least 32 KiloFoe.

SSJ Goku is 32*40, so he would be almost 1.3k KiloFoe. With SSJ3 he'll go a bit above 5k KiloFoe (assuming SSJ2 is SSJ x2 and SSJ3 is SSJ2 x2). And this is being conservative nonetheless, idk if such gains are accepted but tbh I haven't wanked anything and I used facts and logic from the same series, lol.

But Thor can still amplify his power ten fold (he's above 400 KiloFoe initially).

Ionliosite said:
I really don't think you can just apply such multipliers to the kilofoe value of a character...
I've asked multiple staff members before, and apparently the SSJ multipliers are accepted, but not applied on the profiles as to not cause stats inflation.

The problem by not being able to use them is that we will be ignoring any gains Goku has made since Z, and the fact that he wouldn't be able to fight people in the single, double or neither triple digit KiloFoe due to the values being "unquantifiable" which is dumb. Base Goku would already be double digit KiloFoe and SSJ3 is like over a 100x multiplier.

Yeah, I think we should just estimate AP values for characters that scale massively above a certain feat. Lol.

TheMonsterOfTheAbyss said:
Huh? So they are accepted for threads but not for the profiles? That is kind of weird.
It doesn't make sense, but is the accepted way until someone makes a CRT. A lot of staff agree with this as well.

well thor is a better fighter then goku and has many abilities that would already put goku on his back leg such as time manipulation and reality warping

not to mention the fact that thors stamina is so far above gokus that he could very well just out endure goku

and even if thor is pushed far enough he would enter warriors madness and punch a whole through goku

goku here has 1 advantage and its bearly noticable and if thor is pushed he simply erases that advantege

Tl;DR goku has the AP and nothing else and even then thor can get stronger

I'm voting Goku, while through his history Thor has probably developed more verstality than Goku, the actual powerset he use 99.9999999% of the time is inferior and less flexible than Goku's and i doubt he'd diverge from it soon enough for it to matter in this fight.

I'm also 100% sure Goku is a way better fighter than Thor, you can say Thor has been fighter for longer but that's it IMO.

Voting Goku. Thor doesn't use majority of he's hax in character and with that being said Goku has the skill advantage to a great degree. Goku doesn't hold back as much Super Saiyan 3 because of the time limit

Warrior's madness is just 10x right? In SS3 Goku can reach 20k KiloFoe, so he'd still have the edge. I highly doubt Thor would be better than Goku as a fighter. He's an amazing warrior no doubt, but Goku at this point is a martial arts deity lol, so at best he'd be on par.

And correct me if I'm wrong but the modern version of Thor doesn't have time manipulation anymore, Not to mention Goku can counter Time Stop anyway.

Plus Goku has the Kamehameha which boosts his stats, and he can combine it with Teleportation. He has Analytical prediction, enhanced senses, Homing Attacks, barriers, he's a combat genius like Thor, and has the solar flare for whatever that's worth lol. So AP is just one aspect imo.

Thor has the Thermo-Blast, Megingjord (Which doubles his AP), Warrior's Madness (increases his strength tenfold), Also "Thor is a veteran warrior with thousands of years of experience using different weapons and fighting many different kinds of foes across the universe, and will exploit an enemy's weak points to his advantage in the midst of battle. When the situation calls for it, Thor can come up with plans that can fool even his most cunning foes, such as Loki or Malekith the Accursed." and can absorb the Kamehameha with Mjolnir, he also has a massive Stamina advantage, so I vote him

They were banned because both sides aggressively stonewalled and didn't accept any other argument so it derailed into a toxic spiral.

Needless to say, if this slightly strays towards that route I'll do the wiki a favour and close the match then and there.

Zark2099 said:
They were banned because both sides aggressively stonewalled and didn't accept any other argument so it derailed into a toxic spiral.

Needless to say, if this slightly strays towards that route I'll do the wiki a favour and close the match then and there.
Yea the Supes fight was allowed to proceed with the same caveat. Absolutely fair of course.

Keep it civil and we might prove to the other vs communities that we're civilized people.

We had Black Goku vs Superboy Prime twice and it went well for the most part. We can do it.

Adem Warlock69 said:
he also has a massive Stamina advantage
I'm sure this true but idk if massive is correct, according to Chou Post Freeza fight Goku balanced on a needle and meditated for 150 days straight. It may just be meditation but it still required immense focus and energy to align the mind and the body, assumed without food or water since they said he never left the needle.

While I won't say that this puts him at the level of Thors two years of constant combat, it should kind of be noted that it being post Freeza fight Goku matters because more energy = more stamina and he should have way more now then he did then and Goku at least on a technical level isnt exerting as much as Thor in this fight since he is just using Super Saiyan 3 at a time he knows Super Saiyan Blue. It's like if we imagined Goku as a battery he has way more juice then is needed for Super Saiyan 3 but is limited to that for the sake of the match so his total juice is gonna run out really slow compared to what he usually showed in the Manga busting out Perfected Blue and Power Stressed Forms all the time.

The Calaca said:
Keep it civil and we might prove to the other vs communities that we're civilized people.

We had Black Goku vs Superboy Prime twice and it went well for the most part. We can do it.
The Supes thread is going great if you ask me. And it's over 400 messages lol

Yea Goku's stamina is immense. But ultimately I don't think this will be a battle of attrition. It'll end pretty quickly one way or another imo.

I'll vote Thor, and FYI there is no "Modern Thor" yet, that's a completely different incarnation tiers higher, and Thor can simultaneously fight the Warrior Three without getting hit, who are folks with millennia of experience and well renowned for their teamwork and expertise, and knows tactics and strategies of hundreds of cultures across the galaxy, so it's not likely Goku is massively outskilling here.

Also the idea Thor doesn't use his hax in character is bullshit considering according to SBA Thor is willing to kill, so of course he'll use his abilities if he's getting pushed to his limits, he's not insane.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Yea Goku's stamina is immense. But ultimately I don't think this will be a battle of attrition. It'll end pretty quickly one way or another imo.
Yeah I think what I was kinda trying to imply is that from Goku's perspective SSJ3's max level isn't trying so he may start off going all out as possible with SSJ3 because that would be a warmup from his perspective since it isn't really taxing on him.

I think in comparison Thor won't go immediatly all out because his starting gear is essentially lower at least non bloodlusted

Also can Thor even properly get past Goku's natural toughness? Base Goku and Vegeta both took a massive beating from Fused Zamasu while still retaining the ability to fight and as far as this wiki says Fused Zamasu is Thor's better in terms of raw strength by a wide margin.

Back