• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Puny Monkey gets to fight a God. Son Goku vs Thor Odinson (24-20-0). status: ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but Goku achieves it as a transformation. He "unlocked" it through powering up. So it being achieved through "Goku was so much skilled he earnt UI more than any other GoDs" I find pretty weird.

Ok I guess that would just be an anti-feat for GoDs who cannot achieve it with millions of years of preparation.

EmperorRorepme said:
"UI is a state of being" Lmao. No, it's just another colour change in which Goku gets a cool little gimmick, instinctive reaction. So why are we treating it as some "godly" and "ultimate" skill. It's nothing except a new ability which 100s of characters have.
No, it's explicitly a state of being based on being just that good, that's what canon say, going 'LMAO' doesn't change canon.

We are treating it like that because that's what it is and how it is presented by the show, litteraly every single mention of it is about skill and how skill is needed for it and Whis keep hyping up Goku doing well thanks to skill.

We litteraly already had this discussion already twice.

EmperorRorepme said:
Ok but Goku achieves it as a transformation. He "unlocked" it through powering up. So it being achieved through "Goku was so much skilled he earnt UI more than any other GoDs" I find pretty weird.

Ok I guess that would just be an anti-feat for GoDs who cannot achieve it with millions of years of preparation.
Btw. Goku achieved it differently in the manga. It wasn't achieved by absorbing the spirit bomb, but by skill and he mastered it much more easily as well.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
EmperorRorepme said:

Btw. Goku achieved it differently in the manga. It wasn't achieved by absorbing the spirit bomb, but by skill and he mastered it much more easily as well.
He reached it by remembering what every master he had taught him IIRC.

@Dragomer

Yes lol, to your distaste I'm sure.

But yeah citing anime events when we're discussing Manga Goku isn't a valid argument.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
@Dragomer

But yeah citing anime events when we're discussing Manga Goku isn't a valid argument.
Well, technicaly Toyotaro halfway retcon that since Goku say in the Moro arc he unlocked UI by facing death / a death or life situation, which fit the anime more than the manga TBH.

Dragomer said:
UchihaSlayer96 said:
@Dragomer

Well, technicaly Toyotaro halfway retcon that since Goku say in the Moro arc he unlocked UI by facing death / a death or life situation, which fit the anime more than the manga TBH.
well I mean losing to Jiren meant life/death tbh lol

Logically speaking in the Anime

Goku should of achieved SSJBE through his collapsing spirit bomb black hole junk and Vegeta should of mastered Ultra Instinct through his consistent training with Whis.

DBS is bullshit in the ToP and thats coming from a person who enjoyed Super.

Dragomer said:
Vegeta sucked at Whis's training though and just 'letting go' is the most un-Vegeta thing ever.
Same could be said for Goku's "not letting his guard down."

ITS LITERALLY A MEME IN THE TOP XD

DHJ46ohXkAEUzoU

Dragomer said:
Vegeta sucked at Whis's training though and just 'letting go' is the most un-Vegeta thing ever.
Yeah, Whis literally told Vegeta that he has to stop overthinking his movements all the time.

AwkguyDB said:
Dragomer said:
Same could be said for Goku's "not letting his guard down."
ITS LITERALLY A MEME IN THE TOP XD

DHJ46ohXkAEUzoU
I mean yeah but that part wasn't related to UI at least.

Dragomer said:
"But of course I don't let go, I mean have you even met me I'M ME! I'M A BIG DEAL!"

-TFS DBS Vegeta

I believe at that point it was grace for Inconclusive until more Goku votes came in. Though I could be wrong

UchihaSlayer96 said:
I believe at that point it was grace for Inconclusive until more Goku votes came in. Though I could be wrong
Nope, i checked, it was grace for Goku, Cinder asked and Omegas03 confirmed, i could have missed something though.

If there was a grace for inconclusive that would have counted down until the votes shifted. Once that happened, grace would reset.

Simply put, you can enter and leave grace multiple times. However, every time that happens the new grace has restart at 24 hours.

The real cal howard said:
Goku masters it via the plot convenience to end all plot conveniences. Somehow surviving the reflected Spirit Bomb unlocked Ultra Instinct.
I mean yeah kinda but again this is manga goku he achieved it a different way. Also you have no room to talk about goku and his plot conveniences because we can start a thread that's longer than this one about Thor and his plot conveniences, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back