• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku fights the God of Thunder (12-16-0).

Goku was significantly weaker than Roshi at that point, so why are you even arguing about strength rn? The reason that feat was impressive wasn't it's Power, but the fact that he copied it with zero knowledge of Ki.

@Cal

Piccolo had the memories and accumulated knowledge of his father on top of his own training.

Plus, the scene the abridged references was an anime filler. Read the manga, pls thanks.

And to answer you: Yes, Goku could do it if he tried.

EmperorRorepme said:
His point is physical stats don't mean anything in their fights or spars or whatnot therefore he scales in skill.
Thor isn't like Goku when he can lower his ki and get less tough, he can hold his hit but he can't decrease his durability or how fast he perceive stuff.

Also Thor suppressing himself to tree level is nonsense since Iron Fist himself is in the building level range at that point last time i checked.

I mean, Goku is saiyan. I am not deny that it is not a skill feat but him gaining ki control so quickly is not as big of a skill feat as you make it out to be. Then there's characters like Goten and Trunks, I guess this has more to do with the writing .-.

Iron Fist stay at peak human level when sparring most of the time so Thor just destroying a tree as a collateral kinda goes with what i was saying.

I mean, if Thor is limiting himself, I feel like Iron Fist would be trying to match that power, rather than suppress himself to peak human level while sparring with the literal God of Thunder...

KageSakaDark said:
I mean, Goku is saiyan. I am not deny that it is not a skill feat but him gaining ki control so quickly is not as big of a skill feat as you make it out to be. Then there's characters like Goten and Trunks, I guess this has more to do with the writing .-.
Goten and Trunks are basicaly Super-Mutant hybrid on a level beyond even Gohan who was already a super-hybrid, they can basicaly pull anything the plot need out of their ass TBH.

Goku gained ki control before Saiyans were ever a thing and saiyans are never noted to have an easier time than other races with ki control.

@Lephyr. Back when I was a(n even bigger) douchebag, was what we argued about way back when DB lol? Or was it Zelda? All I know is that I'm showing old qualities ovo.

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
While we are at it, what are the current reasonings for either character winning? Lost track of the thread real quick. ovo
Thor's is hitting with the Thermo blast before being driven to use his warrior's madness or dying (or using his time hax but everyone agreed that the chance of him using it is like 0,000001% since he hasn't used it once in 10 years).

Goku's is hitting Thor with basicaly anything at SSJ2 or 3 or Thor going into his warrior's madness.

The real cal howard said:
@Lephyr. Back when I was a(n even bigger) douchebag, was what we argued about way back when DB lol? Or was it Zelda? All I know is that I'm showing old qualities ovo.
Ah, don't worry about it. I understand how frustrating the wank that can be done is, so I just take it that you are frustrated.

And our literal first argument was in a Zelda thread. xD

Factually incorrect. Reread the arguments again if you actually believe that lol. There's skill advantage in martial arts, Analytical prediction, reactive power level, Teleportation, and warp Kamehameha as well.

Add a sizeable AP advantage to that and Goku comfortably wins more often than not.

Don't forget all this too.

Dragomer said:
LephyrTheRevanchist said:
While we are at it, what are the current reasonings for either character winning? Lost track of the thread real quick. ovo
Thor's is hitting with the Thermo blast before being driven to use his warrior's madness or dying (or using his time hax but everyone agreed that the chance of him using it is like 0,000001% since he hasn't used it once in 10 years).
Goku's is hitting Thor with basicaly anything at SSJ2 or 3 or Thor going into his warrior's madness.
I take it from that that Goku has the higher chance of winning, then.

I might vote for him, but would prefer if the Thor supporters could give greater input.

And not be so lazy with their reasonins. ovo

Adem Warlock69 said:
Thor could also Cut Goku with Jarnbjorn when he's in Ssj1, or redirecting Goku's kamehameha if he doesn't use Warp kamehameha
Jarnbjorn does not have durability negation so i doubt it, especialy when the dude who cut Thor's arm with it was no fodder by himself.

And Goku's own kamehameha can't insta kill him since we saw him tank his own kamehameha so it's not a real win condition unless Goku suddenly decide to put EVERYTHING into a single attack.

So

OOC Vs Do anything ......

A Stoned Orc said:
I mean, if Thor is limiting himself, I feel like Iron Fist would be trying to match that power, rather than suppress himself to peak human level while sparring with the literal God of Thunder...
Only Iron fist could never match that.Like you see how far we have to stretch to give Thor this

Goten and Trunks are basicaly Super-Mutant hybrid on a level beyond even Gohan who was already a super-hybrid, they can basicaly pull anything the plot need out of their ass TBH.

Goku gained ki control before Saiyans were ever a thing and saiyans are never noted to have an easier time than other racez with ki control.

That really is no excuse. You are basically just trying to deny the re-established lore for your character. It has been established that Goku was special from the beginning with the entire Oozaru thing anyway. It is funny that your arguments for anything that does not concern Goku in this fight have been attempts to downplay, it shows that your credibility with them is next to nill.

No, it wasn't, the exact opposite was established, he was shit by every Saiyan standard and was saved by hard work and martial art talent, that's all.

The Oozaru had nothing to do with Goku's skill, hell, Oozaru Goku is a textbook exemple of sacrifying any skill for raw stats.

Goku is literally low class trash by Saiyan standards. It's prodigal skill in martial arts that made him develop so much, along with SSJ forms later on.

I still think the warrior's madness votes should be discounted (i don't think there were many but that argument was dropped really fast so it feel dumb to count it).

Nitro90 said:
A Stoned Orc said:
Only Iron fist could never match that.Like you see how far we have to stretch to give Thor this
Ce7beb5dea35b2e8b3a1721dcb01547b
........we just gonna ignore this?
And this was a bloodlusted Thor IIRC

One more and grace stops lol. Goku's about to make another comeback ƒæÇ

EDIT: Actually two, I forgot to count one vote.

Thor could still win with Warrior madness, cause in this form he still has the Thermo-Blast, so he just needs to explode with Thermo-Blast energy or Godblast energy, and even if Goku went Ssj3, he's dead

Ce7beb5dea35b2e8b3a1721dcb01547b
........we just gonna ignore this?
And this was a bloodlusted Thor IIRC

If that isn't an Outlier, then I don't know what is.

Back