• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Puny Monkey gets to fight a God. Son Goku vs Thor Odinson (24-20-0). status: ADDED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Malomtek said:
So Thor uses these haxes much later in the fight, after hashing out physical force, and that's the end of it.
Did you even read any of the Goku arguments? The fight won't last that long with Goku's advantage in every category. And abilities that haven't been seen or used in decades are Out of character.

Thor having hax than Goku which he cannot resist which he would use eventually even if he doesn't open with it whilst he is more skilled (I'm not going to argue about skill because it has already been argued about and I agree with the Thor side). Thor can also survive beatings from people much stronger and Goku isn't the type to just kill unconditionally. He would restrict himself to Thor's level to have a good fight or something and get schooled skill wise.

TranscendHunger said:
Thor having hax than Goku which he cannot resist which he would use eventually even if he doesn't open with it whilst he is more skilled (I'm not going to argue about skill because it has already been argued about and I agree with the Thor side). Thor can also survive beatings from people much stronger and Goku isn't the type to just kill unconditionally. He would restrict himself to Thor's level to have a good fight or something and get schooled skill wise.
So you are waiting for a OOC moment from Thor. You right the skill has already been argued and still no mention on how Thor gets around getting predicted by Goku. And which haxes again?

Oh so this is one of those threads, where fanboys try to manufacture a win for their favored characters via some kind of bullshit. In this case, it's Son Goku and this "out of character" gimmick.

@Nitro90 Thor has fought, endured, and survived against much harder people than Goku, so don't even start there. Also, go look at Thor's page for his haxes.

@UchihaSlayer96 "The fight won't last that long with Goku's advantage in every category." By which you mean his unquantifiable superiority to baseline solar system level, got it. Still won't get him beating Thor.

"And abilities that haven't been seen or used in decades are Out of character." That's a pretty big assumption that none of Thor's haxes have been applied in decades. It's, of course, backed up by nothing at all.

Malomtek said:
Voting Thor because of his wide array of hax
This isn't a valid vote. Might as well invoke the meme "Janemba wins via speed and hax".

Specify what hax, how does he apply them and/or an scenario in which it might help him.

Thor creates a vortex that makes him invisible and intangible, then shoots a Thermo-Blast at Goku combined with an antimatter blast.

I know such complex strategies may be too high for you to comprehend, but please bear with me.

@Malomtek

Maybe start reading the previous thread and this one before pulling baseless accusations out of nowhere.

The AP advantage was quantified and accepted numerous times, so drop that nonsense already.

Out of character isn't a gimmick like if you think it is than Goku transforms and one shot. And calling us fanboys isn't helping anything expect for making this toxic

"Thor has fought, endured, and survived against much harder people than Goku, so don't even start there. Also, go look at Thor's page for his hax."

I already know Thors abilites and that doesn't matter sense Goku AP can be higher

I reopened it on someone's request. One bad apple doesn't ruin the batch. We're better than that. While I do think Thor wins (if I hadn't made that clear enough), it shouldn't be a result of someone being a mean dude about it.

The real cal howard said:
I reopened it on someone's request. One bad apple doesn't ruin the batch. We're better than that. While I do think Thor wins (if I hadn't made that clear enough), it shouldn't be a result of someone being a mean dude about it.
Thanks Cal.

Malomtek said:
Thor creates a vortex that makes him invisible and intangible, then shoots a Thermo-Blast at Goku combined with an antimatter blast.

I know such complex strategies may be too high for you to comprehend, but please bear with me.
I will respectfully ask you to drop your attitude.

Now, that's a little better. However, in the scenario in which this fight is taking place, essentially an "I don't know who this is but I wanna fight him until one or the other is dead", will Thor do any of that from the start? Because I highly doubt it and would appreciate scans of such mentality.

Thor wouldn't even use 'hax later in the fight' he has a greater chance of going with his warrior's madness before even remembering he has them and everyone know he hates his warrior's madness, pretty sure the fight end either way 9.999/10 without Thor even THINKING about his hax, even the Thor side agreed on that.

That's like saying Goku would open the fight with an IT kienzan combo, unless they are bloodlusted, that's not something you'll see, same for Thor and his hax, even when willing to kill, that's simply not something those characters do.

Well I'm guessing I'm the "bad apple" and "mean dude" here.

Anyway, Goku gets stomped on by Thor. All his attacks get absorbed by Mjolnir and thrown back at him tenfold, etc.

Malomtek said:
Well I'm guessing I'm the "bad apple" and "mean dude" here.

Anyway, Goku gets stomped on by Thor. All his attacks get absorbed by Mjolnir and thrown back at him tenfold, etc.
This reasoning is certainly a more valid one. However, Goku still has the possibility of dodging through IT.

I will respectfully ask you to drop your attitude.

Now, that's a little better. However, in the scenario in which this fight is taking place, essentially an "I don't know who this is but I wanna fight him until one or the other is dead", will Thor do any of that from the start? Because I highly doubt it and would appreciate scans of such mentality.

The "mentality" or whatever this is is a red herring. If Thor used it in canon, then he can use it here. It doesn't matter whether he necessarily "starts off with it", just that he does use it.

We might as well say Goku teleports to a distant planet and charges a Spirit Bomb that would more than certainly put Thor down then ITs back to the battlefield when he is ready and sends Thor to oblivion.

lol

Goku transforms into SSJ3, ITs and goes for Kienzan. All of this while he is charging a Fully Powered Kamehameha and if it isn't enough he hakais.

@Malomtek

If it was a fight comparing their raw power and moveset, sure. Thor wins 100% of the time.

However, this fight also contrasts their approaches to combat and mentality. In essentially, treat it as an in-story fight. That's what we do in this site.

Ok since "In character" doesn't matter. Then Goku goes SS3 where he's a lot stronger than Thor, charges a Kamehameha while simultaneously dodging everything with IT and then uses warp kamehameha to one-shot. GG

Or in other words, we are trying to see who wins based not just on their stats, but also their character and their reactions mid-fight to each other. That's why we argue skill and experience.

If we just compared stats and powers, then it honestly would be boring. Add to that that it isn't a proper metric since it ignores large parts of a character, and it becomes an invalid approach.

This is like saying Cole bio-leeches every opponent he fights even though that's explicitly against his character. Or that Spider-man will beat his opponent to a bloody pulp in a blind rage because he did that against Kingpin once. Or that Sandman will force himself down his wnemies thoat and blow them up from the inside because he did that in an elseworld story. Character context matters dude. Just because we know they can doesn't mean they will in a random fight.

Ok, but what about Goku's mindset? It's not like he's going to go for the kill either and he always holds back against weaker opponents. Even against Freiza he didn't kill him and saved him after everything he did. It's like IF Goku beats Thor up, which I still don't believe he'll have the skill to do, he'll just say "Nice sparring session, makes sure you come back next week".

EmperorRorepme said:
Ok, but what about Goku's mindset? It's not like he's going to go for the kill either and he always holds back against weaker opponents. Even against Freiza he didn't kill him and saved him after everything he did. It's like IF Goku beats Thor up, which I still don't believe he'll have the skill to do, he'll just say "Nice sparring session, makes sure you come back next week".
"In character but willing to kill" is the Standard Battle Assumption.

Goku will transform right off the bat as he'll need to but not to his highest form as SSJ would be enough. He'll likely fight Thor for fun until he decides to transform further and KO if Thor hasn't used his move yet.

@AwkguyDB @Omegas03 @UchihaSlayer96

Intag + God-Blast + Thermo-Blast lmao

@Lephyr

Then Thor absorbs all of Goku's attacks and sends them back tenfold.

Oh so out of character doesn't matter. Solar flare to SSJ3. Ok Goku doesn't even need to use he's Ki attacks to one-shot. He can just shockwave eye blast.

EmperorRorepme said:
Goku has a different mindset when it's a fight to the death, especially in Super manga. If he finds Thor going for the kill he won't just stand there and take it. And he holds back against people MUCH weaker than himself. Especially when you think about him normally having access to SSB, of course he'd hold back against people trillions of times weaker than him lol.

Imo this scenario would be similar to Supes vs Goku. One has the AP advantage but the other has the hax to keep up and the fight could go in a lot of ways.

But here I see Goku more likely to win tbh.

Malomtek said:
@AwkguyDB @Omegas03 @UchihaSlayer96
Intag + God-Blast + Thermo-Blast lmao

@Lephyr

Then Thor absorbs all of Goku's attacks and sends them back tenfold.
Except Goku has already faced absorber and has tanked his own kamehameha, unless he put everything he has in one kamehameha he throw recklessly, it won't win Thor the fight, especialy since Goku can just dodge or IT, Thor wouldn't even absorb Goku's kamehameha or ki blast the first few times anyway, which is a pretty big window for Goku to win to begin with.

Hell, it's perfectly in character for Goku to trick Thor on that with a warp kamehameha.

EmperorRorepme said:
No it isn't. He's still in character though and can easily choose not to kill.
Why would he? Thor under SBA will be trying to kill him and so will Goku. He's not an idiot. He'll defend himself and kill if necessary. Goku isn't merciful he's just prone to leaving people alive for potential future fights lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back