• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Alright, time for another random pet peeve.
Profiles for characters from a very popular series or franchise that somehow has no scans.

Xeno Goku was literally close to getting deleted because of this, but that's not the only good example. Look at Alien X: No scans for anything, and it was so bad that people (including myself) started questioning if some of the stuff he has are even legit abilities he has been shown using. And here comes the worst of them all...

Never read Demon Slayer, but it's apparently the most popular manga of this decade, and is making record-breaking sales even to this very day. Surely, that means the profiles are good, right? Let's check them out...

cricket noises occasionally interupted by a ciconia screeching

Who let this happen?

Alright, time for another random pet peeve.
Profiles for characters from a very popular series or franchise that somehow has no scans.

Xeno Goku was literally close to getting deleted because of this, but that's not the only good example. Look at Alien X: No scans for anything, and it was so bad that people (including myself) started questioning if some of the stuff he has are even legit abilities he has been shown using. And here comes the worst of them all...

Never read Demon Slayer, but it's apparently the most popular manga of this decade, and is making record-breaking sales even to this very day. Surely, that means the profiles are good, right? Let's check them out...

cricket noises occasionally interupted by a ciconia screeching

Who let this happen?
The inherent problem lies in the fact that the FIRST person to make a profile can do so without a CRT, while anyone AFTER them has to now make and get a CRT accepted, even if the original profile isn't very good.

There is no inherent problem. Refusing to fix the profiles is pure laziness. Plenty of people have made CRTs that add justifications or fixes to the profiles, and some users even have enough determination to add the ability every single character has if they're one of those "so cool and transcendant they have every single power in the verse" type of overpowered.

Better yet- why don't we simply add a rule that states you can't create a profile if it doesn't have that many scans? That would save the hassle that future supporters would have to deal with. Unless we already have that kind of rule and I'm just mistaken.

Thing is that moderation over the quality of new pages is inconsistent.

Staff generally just checks the formatting and basic contents, but it's to be expected that pages that are actually barebones don't get properly evaluated and simply remain, especially in cases where certain standards aren't strictly enforced for the sake of not compromising a good chunk of the site (See: Discussions link to this forum's topic page, or references, even if "obligatory")

Xeno Goku was literally close to getting deleted because of this, but that's not the only good example.
Lexx is moderately popular at best, but I had to erase the entire franchise because the pages were all but covered in cobwebs.

It's the same for more popular franchises like Gunbuster (to a lesser extent, because it's not that popular) and Gundam, although they weren't quite as bad.

Last edited:
There is no inherent problem. Refusing to fix the profiles is pure laziness. Plenty of people have made CRTs that add justifications or fixes to the profiles, and some users even have enough determination to add the ability every single character has if they're one of those "so cool and transcendant they have every single power in the verse" type of overpowered.

Better yet- why don't we simply add a rule that states you can't create a profile if it doesn't have that many scans? That would save the hassle that future supporters would have to deal with. Unless we already have that kind of rule and I'm just mistaken.
There is a problem with having arbitrarily high standards for profiles that often don't need as much as claimed and pretending everyone has as much time as you do.

The inherent problem lies in the fact that the FIRST person to make a profile can do so without a CRT, while anyone AFTER them has to now make and get a CRT accepted, even if the original profile isn't very good.
Creation of new profiles should have a CRT or at least a general discussion, right? Just to prevent this from happening.

I only created 1 new profile for now but at least I put it in a CRT and the general discussion thread for the verse so that people would pick it apart if I did something wrong or lacking.

Most obvious cases include these
Tbh, It's beyond me how that got approved.

I'd prefer to use book cover image (I think it used to be that way for that page?).

But I figure I'd just do it when I am capable of buying the third book. Which I'll also be using to get the exact pages to complete the references on both manifold pages.

Aand after all references are complete, that'd be most fitting time for some crosschecking the story context for some spicy downgrade :LOL:

Aand after all references are complete, that'd be most fitting time for some crosschecking the story context for some spicy downgrade :LOL:
Don't give Yuri any funny ideas.

There is a problem with having arbitrarily high standards for profiles that often don't need as much as claimed and pretending everyone has as much time as you do.
Never said I had any high standards, and where did I imply I have a lot of time on my hands? I can see your point, though. I guess a better solution would be checking if the profile of a character with a few abilities like causality manipulation or something similar have scans for it. Obviously, nobody would care if Corporal Johnson Dale Walsh, protagonist and anti-hero of the 2013 military-shooter Dogs of War only had weapon mastery and vehicular mastery and explosion manipulation with no scans at all. But what if, say, Gli-kur-zi'kamat, main antagonist of the long-running and popular series of childrens fantasy books Mystery of the Rainbow Stairs had nothing to support his place in tier 2, or his non-existant physiology, or anything else that's OP?

We tried to actually revise it but the CRT got drowned in an ocean and forgotten...
Antvasima denied it for being too much work, and for some reason some of the staff said they liked it better at the bottom???
It's extremely unintuitive, and makes it a bitch to compare abilities to a key.

The tier section is also problematic, off-site I keep getting misconceptions as it seems they aren't aware it's meant to just be a (redundant) reiteration of the AP section, and TBH it'd be nice if the tier section got removed while we're on that, it's misleading for visitors.

The tier section is also problematic, off-site I keep getting misconceptions as it seems they aren't aware it's meant to just be a (redundant) reiteration of the AP section, and TBH it'd be nice if the tier section got removed while we're on that, it's misleading for visitors.
Can you explain that agai

Every page with an AP section has a "Tier" section. Such section is misleading for visitors as they tend to think Attack Potency and Tier are unrelated for some reason fairly often, which leads into the common "complaint" on the site of there being no justifications to rate a character (Even if only out of poor reading).

redditors aren't human, don't listen to them
v11d3c6v7kp41.jpg

It's not really weird?
A wiki indexes information about things. VS Battles Wiki is called like that because indexes character statistics related to battleboarding, and in extension, for battleboarding purposes.

Our standards for calculation blogs​

Here me out.

I'm not talking about calculation standards, ie the rules and the standards for calculating feats. I'm talking about the blogs themselves, how they're written and how they're formatted, etc.

I believe this wiki is concerned over optics, making profiles look as presentable and "professional" as possible. That's why CRTs or threads in this forum aren't linked in the profiles, excluding Versus Threads in the W/L/I section. And how everything needs to be put in a blog in the internal wiki.

But with how informal and even downright confusing several calculation blogs there is, it's simply counterproductive IMHO. Even as a battleboarder, I can still get bewildered trying to comprehend blogs that look haphazardly written, seemingly constructed to be understood only by fellow calculation nerds who has been doing this shtick for quite a while now. The impression of a non-battleboarder when they come across these blogs go without saying.
It doesn't come across as informative, which is bad considering we're a wiki that is supposed to index information.

To use an example of a good blog, here's one of Rusty's calc. It's still lacking a bit info like about what formula is being used.
But it just looks like a written solution to a math problem, and its description is concise. Making it easy to understand and absorb. From one look, I instantly know that it's calculating an explosion, and that it's pixel scaling off the dimensions of a stadium with a stated size.

Though I may have chosen a too simple calculation so it's an unfair example, but nevertheless, this is just a pet peeve of a totally not drunk guy.

Our standards for calculation blogs​

Here me out.

I'm not talking about calculation standards, ie the rules and the standards for calculating feats. I'm talking about the blogs themselves, how they're written and how they're formatted, etc.

I believe this wiki is concerned over optics, making profiles look as presentable and "professional" as possible. That's why CRTs or threads in this forum aren't linked in the profiles, excluding Versus Threads in the W/L/I section. And how everything needs to be put in a blog in the internal wiki.

But with how informal and even downright confusing several calculation blogs there is, it's simply counterproductive IMHO. Even as a battleboarder, I can still get bewildered trying to comprehend blogs that look haphazardly written, seemingly constructed to be understood only by fellow calculation nerds who has been doing this shtick for quite a while now. The impression of a non-battleboarder when they come across these blogs go without saying.
It doesn't come across as informative, which is bad considering we're a wiki that is supposed to index information.

To use an example of a good blog, here's one of Rusty's calc. It's still lacking a bit info like about what formula is being used.
But it just looks like a written solution to a math problem, and its description is concise. Making it easy to understand and absorb. From one look, I instantly know that it's calculating an explosion, and that it's pixel scaling off the dimensions of a stadium with a stated size.

Though I may have chosen a too simple calculation so it's an unfair example, but nevertheless, this is just a pet peeve of a totally not drunk guy.
I completely agree with this. There are so many ******* Calcs that are impossible to read if you never finished Post-Algebra Math and even then this shit is Complex. It makes it worse that some people don't even simplify some Calcs so that it's in Tons or anything, they just leave it in Joules. Looking at you Samus Frozen Star Calc.

A simple reoccurring pet peeve I've noticed on this site is a few peeps that literally contribute next to nothing except for posting memes and/or making snide remarks on threads then they just going "incognito" for a few hours to days and repeat.

Like I don't get it?
Is this directed towards me?

SImplify? Tons is far more alien to me than raw joules if you ask me, so I end up appreciating more when raw joule values are mentioned.
While we are on that, metric system differences also tend to be annoying (Aka, meters to feet, kilos to pounds, etc) for similar reasons.

I just prefer whichever unit makes the number the smallest, so I can compare the characters easier.

Back