• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The forgotten speed of Watagash

Status
Not open for further replies.
The forgotten speed of Watagash

AgLxvwa.jpg

==Watagash Flies to Earth==

So its like the title says, Watagash flies to Earth. This happens from an unknown planet which is not one from our own solar system. In order to be conservative we will use the distance from the Earth to the nearest Solar system, Alpha Centauri. It could be, and probably is much further away than the next solar system over though.

As for time frame we don't have an exact time frame, however Jaco is expected to deliver the prisoner on his own without making pit stops, and no major events happen in DBS between the events. This implies a short trip. Furthermore in the closing of the episode Jaco is on the same planet again, repeating his mistake of stopping to eat, and talks about how it is a joyous day, referring to having caught Watagash again without anybody knowing of his mistake, implying this happens within the same day or going into the next day as Watagash is recaptured. Given all this information it is a safe, conservative estimate to say that Watagash flew to Earth, the events took place, and Jaco returned to the planet in 24 hours or less, we will use 24 hours to get a conservative number though for Watagash's one way trip.

Distance = 4.068e+16m

Time = 86400s

4.068e16/86400 = 470833333333m/s = MFTL+ (At least 1571c)

==Gohan vs Watagash Scaling==

Pretty straight forward, Gohan even in base form easily overpowered and outpaced the original robber that Watagash fused with, as well as Barry Khan in his second stage (Barry caught him off guard the first encounter). Watagash is stated to be more powerful the more darkness his host has in its heart, and virtually harmless without a host, so logically his stronger forms would scale to his weaker base form.

==DBS Gohan was weaker than DBZ Gohan==

Now here is the kicker. Watagash scaling to Gohan is a big deal because prior to the ToP, Gohan was actually weaker than he was in his Ultimate Form in the Buu saga. Even as an SSJ2 Piccolo states he still has yet to awaken the same "original" power he had in the Buu arc again, not just his Ultimate form, but the power from the Buu arc specifically. This notion is reiterated several times, and it doesn't contradict his battle with SSJB Goku and showings in ToP because Piccolo remarks that Gohan can get even stronger after achieving his "original power", and that they should train to unlock it. Therefore Gohan is in fact weaker, even as a SSJ2, than his Ultimate form was in the Buu arc. So because Watagash scales below base Gohan, whom in DBS was weaker than his old Ultimate form even as a SSJ2, who prior to his Mystic amp in the Buu saga was star level in base, those who are star level, or at the very least large star level or above in DBZ should scale to Watagash's speed feat.

The current reasonings for Gohan being 3-A prior to Piccolos training are shaky at best, and explicitly contradicted by the narrative during his training with Piccolo. Thus Gohan should be changed to the stats he had during the Buu arc prior to getting his Ultimate form between RoF arc and until prior to Piccolo's training to unlock his original power from the Super Buu battle.

==Debunking misconceptions==

1. Some claim Gohan scales to base and SSJ Goku prior to the ToP because Goku fights Gohan earlier. Context is key here. First off Goku and Gohan were having a friendly sparring match, and neither were going all out. Chi-Chi even makes them stop when things start to get intense. Its like scaling Krillin to Goku for trading with him while he held back. Furthermore Goku states to Piccolo later that Gohan should be stronger knowing his original power, again showing Gohan is not up to his original level from Buu arc.

2. Gohan spars with Piccolo earlier. Again this is a sparring match, they are not going all out, and going by the later narrative here, Piccolo feels Gohan does not posses the power he did in the Buu arc with Mystic form.

I took the liberty of creating this as a blog

Last edited:
I fully agree with the calculation, and with downgrading Pre-ToP Gohan to being below his Buu Saga levels. I always found it weird that he scales to Goku, when people like Krillin and Buu do not (and rightfully so). To make matters worse, Piccolo outright says he's not as powerful as he once was.

This is very nice as well because it substantiates the values we reached by using the multipliers, which proves their relative consistency once and for all using very conservative estimates.

This has my full support. Great job, Ryu.

Gohan also uses SSJ against Lavender in the Zen Exhibition Match, Lavender should be comparable to Basil and Good Buu, the weakest Buu, was able to defeat an Amped Basil, and Good Buu up to that point hadn’t trained at all

It was only after his fight with Basil that he got motivated to train, so that’s even more proof that Pre ToP Gohan is below Z Mystic Gohan, since Mystic Gohan (Buu Saga)>>>Super Buu>>Fat Buu>>Good Buu

Last edited:
Okay, the Mystic Gohan stuff again? And trying to downscale to the DBZ cast? I thought that was already covered and it appears a lot of things are taken out of context...

Okay, the Mystic Gohan stuff again? And trying to downscale to the DBZ cast? I thought that was already covered and it appears a lot of things are taken out of context...
What is taken out of context? Watagash events aren't, I explained them as they appear with relevant scans. And it seems very explicit to me that Piccolo feels Gohan's power is inferior to what it was against Super Buu, and that they had to reobtain it and then surpass it. Not to mention the "proof" that Gohan was 3-A was already shaky at best relying on scaling to a suppressed Goku. Also its the same continuity. If a weaker Gohan scales to Watagash then those comparable do, even if they appear earlier chronologically. Downscaling would be if I tried to apply the stat to a character of a lower tier than pre Mystic form Gohan, I'm only advocating it scale to base Gohan pre Mystic form (4-C and up).

Wouldn't this scale to Teen Gohan and Perfect Cell?
It should yes. Given it was base Gohan who scales above Watagash, and SSJ2 is the one who was said to still be blow his Buu saga self, likely all 4-C characters and up would scale imo, but definitely any 4-B ones for sure should.

Good job Ryu! Pre ToP Gohan scaling to his DBZ self makes the most sense since he doesn't have any solid feats or statements to support 3-A and is still training for the ToP. Thousands of c. even with lowball estimates is a good support for MFTL+ DBZ

Edit: I also wanna point out that when the Watagash arrives on Earth and infects a host we see Jaco looking for the Watagash in space and heading to Earth after he detects it, so that would further support the short timeframe of this feat

Last edited:
Base Gohan is already MFTL+ at this point. So I don't see how this scales to DBZ.

I'm still strongly against it for reasons I mentioned on previous thread, but I have to go to work soon.

I'm going to have to give a massive disagree with the rescaling. First of all, Frost in his 2nd form actually overpowered base Goku, and Goku at the time thought Frost was potentially stronger than Frieza minus the Golden form. Piccolo would have won his fight against Frost has he not been poisoned, so they are indeed comparable in tier. Goku even admitted he underestimated Piccolo; not to mention Vegeta considered Piccolo to be strong enough to enter the tournament but didn't consider Cabba strong enough prior to his SSJ transformations. Also, it goes without saying Goku and Vegeta are both significantly stronger in U6 saga as they were in RoF saga since the trained for 3 years in the RoSaT; though only 3 days past on Earth. Vados also considered all 5 contestants to be pretty comparable in strength, even calling Frost the strongest. Though she was hiding Hit's true strength and the fact that Frost was actually an evil cheater.

Piccolo's only U6 reason for getting upgraded was sparring with Gohan, who wanted to be motivated given his weakness in RoF saga. Also, in RoF saga, even Gohan's SSJ1 form was considered stronger than Gotenks who and as strong as his original Ultimate Gohan form. As noted when Togama was a threat to everyone, but only got much stronger when Ginyu traded bodies with him. So "Gohan being weaker than he was in Buu saga" is looking far out of context. And I'm sure Piccolo was more so judging Gohan by his warrior spirit rather than by his physical power level; Vegeta did something similar comparing his Buu saga self to his Saiyan saga self by "Returning to the warrior he once was".
These are the points by the way.
although, i disagree with the gotenks fully scaling to ultimate gohan bit.

As I have said many times before, I personally think that we should be extremely careful with scaling combat speeds from piloting spaceships or flying in straight lines through outer space. I even asked DontTalkDT to write a new standard regulation about it recently.

Why was Gohan scaled to 3-A pre-TOP anyway?
Because he fought evenly with Piccolo, who fought evenly with Frost, who is above Base Goku in the U6 arc. And later he also forced Goku to go SSJ while training.

Because he fought evenly with Piccolo, who fought evenly with Frost, who is above Base Goku in the U6 arc. And later he also forced Goku to go SSJ while training.
Wasn't Goku testing Frost's power when he fought him? He didn't fought him all out at all in that battle

No, he was forced into SSJ.

Ah. Sorry. I got confused regarding what we were talking about here then.

As I have said many times before, I personally think that we should be extremely careful with scaling combat speeds from piloting spaceships or flying in straight lines through outer space. I even asked DontTalkDT to write a new standard regulation about it recently.
Anyway, about this...

Anyway, about this...
Well I am no complete expert on this but travel speed usually goes hand-in-hand with combat speed in DB as they can fly as fast as their ki blast and etc. Also the humans Watagash merged with gained a clear boost in speed as they could actually keep up with Gohan

Last edited:
Did the Watagash fly on its own or just pilot a ship?

Okay. Then it is probably fine in that regard.
Yeah, it's pretty much the scaling at this point which needs to be discussed, specifically whether Gohan is 3-A or not when he fought the Watagash. Personally I don't think he's 3-A at this point in Super, but I'll wait of course to hear both sides in this.

Okay. Backscaling seems unreliable though.
We aren't back scaling though, Piccolo explicitly states Gohan needed to regain his original power from his fight with Super Buu and that his SSJ2 state was not at that level. So we know for a fact Pre ToP SSJ2 Gohan is weaker than he was in the Buu saga with Mystic form, and Watagash is inferior to base Gohan as I outlined above, hence why he scales directly to base Gohan who is 4-C in base pre Mystic form, and after he loses it as stated by Piccolo.

So, Ultimate Gohan (Buu saga) > SSJ2 Gohan (DBS) > SSJ Gohan (DBS) > Base Gohan (DBS) > Barry Khan Watagash (2nd form) > Barry Khan Watagash (1st form) > Watagash base who has the speed feat. I am advocating that since Gohan in DBS pre Piccolo training would be 4-C, that all 4-C and up logically scale.

This would also incidentally fit perfectly with the scaling in the other speed CRT using Kaioken multipliers for 4-C guys like 100% Freiza and SSJ Goku. So is highly consistent.

@AKM sama @DarkDragonMedeus

Please show actual irrefutable proof, with scans for exact wording, that Gohan is 3-A between RoF and Pre Piccolo training while he can't access Ultimate form.

Having a sparring match with Goku or Piccolo, which in both cases they do not go all out, and later both talk about how Gohan is weaker than his original power is not good evidence. It would be like upgrading Krillin to 3-A for sparring Goku. To my knowledge Gohan has no explicit proof of being 3-A, but there is explicit statements he does not posses the power he had against Buu prior to Piccolos training.

Clearly as I outlined in the OP Piccolo says he needs to regain the "original power" he had against Buu explicitly, and that he will surpass that power after he achieves it. It is true he is rusty as well, but that "warrior spirit" is still something he is said to have to work on even after getting Ultimate form back, and a separate issue from his explicit power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back